Question why is this site linked to one of the best furry comics out there?

Started by Nekoboy, July 24, 2008, 12:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jairus on August 16, 2008, 05:35:21 PM
How about I start translating, you start commenting? Less of a 1-for-1 trade than a service-for-service.

I prefer not to be serviced like that. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 16, 2008, 06:25:49 PM
Quote from: Jairus on August 16, 2008, 05:35:21 PM
How about I start translating, you start commenting? Less of a 1-for-1 trade than a service-for-service.

How is it that you can say something risque like that and when I do similar I get a friendly warning from you about the Master's screwdriver?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

llearch n'n'daCorna

It depends on where you do it.

And just how obscure you are about it. And humorous.

Mostly the humorous thing.

Jairus

Quote from: Rakala on August 16, 2008, 07:31:43 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 16, 2008, 06:25:49 PM

That is EXACTLY what she said.

If I had room in my sig, I'd sig that. That's probably the best comeback I've ever heard. Better than the one I made to the classmate of mine who temporarily loaned his favorite pen to our math teacher back in high school.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Saist

Nekoboy

Quote from: Damaris on August 16, 2008, 08:01:47 AM
Quote from: Nekoboy on August 16, 2008, 02:07:28 AM
Dude I saw that post I made, but I didnt feel like fixing it, but as you can see I can make a good post if I wish to.

It's one of those things where if you don't feel like fixing a post with several typos in it... then don't post it.

when i first post it i dont really notice them untill i post sicne i only look at the keybored >.>

Jairus

Quote from: Nekoboy on August 17, 2008, 09:42:27 AM
Dude I saw that post I made, but I didnt feel like fixing it, but as you can see I can make a good post if I wish to.

It's one of those things where if you don't feel like fixing a post with several typos in it... then don't post it.

when i first post it i dont really notice them untill i post sicne i only look at the keybored >.>

Try using the "Preview" button (right between the "Post" and "Spell Check" buttons) to see what a post will look like when you post it.

Reese Tora

I type looking at the keyboard, too, because I don't touch type.  But I can tell when I hit the wrong key, and I look up at what I am typing and check for errors.  There's nothing wrong with making errors, but you should at least look for them to correct.  There's nothing wrong with spending a few seconds to check your quality, and everything right with ensuring that you make a good impression on the community you've decided to join.  Come to that, it takes about 10 seconds to run through the spell check before you post; it's right next to preview, on the other side from post.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Nekoboy

Quote from: Jairus on August 17, 2008, 11:50:22 AM

I'm starting to use the perview buttion but the spell check here is to dark because of the bg and I can't read it so ya...

Reese Tora

Quote from: Nekoboy on August 18, 2008, 05:49:21 AM
I'm starting to use the perview buttion but the spell check here is to dark because of the bg and I can't read it so ya...

I guess it must be theme dependant; I use the DMFA theme for the entire board, and have no contrast problems with the spell checker. (I'm not suggesting that you need to change your theme, just commenting.)

Nekoboy

Quote from: Reese Tora on August 18, 2008, 12:02:06 PM
Quote from: Nekoboy on August 18, 2008, 05:49:21 AM

I guess it must be theme dependant; I use the DMFA theme for the entire board, and have no contrast problems with the spell checker. (I'm not suggesting that you need to change your theme, just commenting.)

I don't even know how to change the them to begin with all i know is the bg it just like this site to dark to see writeing on it D=

Reese Tora

In your profile, under "look layout and preferences" the top option shows your current theme, and allows you to choose a different one.(mine is "DMFA skin" which is the theme you see when you enter the subforum for DMFA)

Darkmoon

I like my dark skins.

EDIT: After posting it, I realized that sounded pretty racist.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Jairus

Quote from: Darkmoon on August 19, 2008, 10:48:10 PM
I like my dark skins.

EDIT: After posting it, I realized that sounded pretty racist.

Eh, no worries Darkmoon, it's just a slip of the tongue. Um, keyboard. Something like that.

Mao

Everyone's a little bit racist
Sometimes.
Doesn't mean we go
Around committing hate crimes.
Look around and you will find
No one's really color blind.
Maybe it's a fact
We all should face
Everyone makes judgments
Based on race.

Everyone's a little bit racist
It's true.
But everyone is just about
As racist as you!
If we all could just admit
That we are racist a little bit,
And everyone stopped being
So PC
Maybe we could live in -
Harmony!

Nekoboy

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box. =D

Allso thanks for telling me ill look into the bg thing later
{edit: Only 2 spelling mistakes yay!!! i new recored for me XD}

Darkmoon

Well, I see one more, plus two grammar errors... not counting the errors in your edited bit.

Nekoboy

Quote from: Darkmoon on August 21, 2008, 07:15:56 AM
Well, I see one more, plus two grammar errors... not counting the errors in your edited bit.

Whatever.

Darkmoon

Saist

Quote from: Nekoboy on August 21, 2008, 02:23:15 PM

Whatever.

I don't believe my eyes! No spelling mistakes, grammar errors, or any other language problems!! They CAN be taught!

Nekoboy

Quote from: Saist on August 21, 2008, 11:47:52 PM
Quote from: Nekoboy on August 21, 2008, 02:23:15 PM

Whatever.

I don't believe my eyes! No spelling mistakes, grammar errors, or any other language problems!! They CAN be taught!

:objection

Now...
Can you not say "me" as "They" ? it kinda sounds like a race thing  =/   

Reese Tora

Quote from: Nekoboy on August 22, 2008, 04:36:58 AM
:/objection

Now...

Quote from: dictionary.reference.comthey   /ðeɪ/ [they]
–plural pronoun, possessive their or theirs, objective them.
1. nominative plural of he, she, and it. 
2. people in general: They say he's rich. 
3. (used with an indefinite singular antecedent in place of the definite masculine he or the definite feminine she): Whoever is of voting age, whether they are interested in politics or not, should vote.

—Usage note Long before the use of generic he was condemned as sexist, the pronouns they, their, and them were used in educated speech and in all but the most formal writing to refer to indefinite pronouns and to singular nouns of general personal reference, probably because such nouns are often not felt to be exclusively singular: If anyone calls, tell them I'll be back at six. Everyone began looking for their books at once. Such use is not a recent development, nor is it a mark of ignorance. Shakespeare, Swift, Shelley, Scott, and Dickens, as well as many other English and American writers, have used they and its forms to refer to singular antecedents. Already widespread in the language (though still rejected as ungrammatical by some), this use of they, their, and them is increasing in all but the most conservatively edited American English. This increased use is at least partly impelled by the desire to avoid the sexist implications of he as a pronoun of general reference. See also he.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/they

overruled :P

It seems that saist was being polite and not assuming you to be male, despite your screen name comtaining 'boy'.

Nekoboy

Quote from: Reese Tora on August 22, 2008, 04:58:04 AM
Quote from: Nekoboy on August 22, 2008, 04:36:58 AM
:/objection

Now...

Quote from: dictionary.reference.comthey   /ðeɪ/ [they]
–plural pronoun, possessive their or theirs, objective them.
1. nominative plural of he, she, and it. 
2. people in general: They say he's rich. 
3. (used with an indefinite singular antecedent in place of the definite masculine he or the definite feminine she): Whoever is of voting age, whether they are interested in politics or not, should vote.

—Usage note Long before the use of generic he was condemned as sexist, the pronouns they, their, and them were used in educated speech and in all but the most formal writing to refer to indefinite pronouns and to singular nouns of general personal reference, probably because such nouns are often not felt to be exclusively singular: If anyone calls, tell them I'll be back at six. Everyone began looking for their books at once. Such use is not a recent development, nor is it a mark of ignorance. Shakespeare, Swift, Shelley, Scott, and Dickens, as well as many other English and American writers, have used they and its forms to refer to singular antecedents. Already widespread in the language (though still rejected as ungrammatical by some), this use of they, their, and them is increasing in all but the most conservatively edited American English. This increased use is at least partly impelled by the desire to avoid the sexist implications of he as a pronoun of general reference. See also he.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/they

overruled :P

It seems that saist was being polite and not assuming you to be male, despite your screen name comtaining 'boy'.

It stilll sounds like a race thign to me and no matter how much stuff you look up it will still sound like that.
:P

llearch n'n'daCorna

Mao

As far as I can tell, there's no definition of race on this board.  We're all just members of this forum.  It seems like the only one attributing anything to 'race' here is you.  Saist can't be implying anything about your race as we have no idea what it is or even what it could be.  Aside from maybe a male feline.

Either way, you're looking into what Saist said way too much.

Damaris

By "they" he most likely means obstinate new posters that refuse to listen to the mods, despite the fact that he's repeatedly been told to shape up.

The only person inserting race into the discussion is you.  Posters here have no race, unless they share it.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Saist

Quote from: Damaris on August 22, 2008, 06:28:10 PM
By "they" he most likely means obstinate new posters that refuse to listen to the mods, despite the fact that he's repeatedly been told to shape up.

The only person inserting race into the discussion is you.  Posters here have no race, unless they share it.

what saddens me is that hethey required such a definition to be spellt  out.