Question why is this site linked to one of the best furry comics out there?

Started by Nekoboy, July 24, 2008, 12:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nekoboy

Quote from: Damaris on August 03, 2008, 03:24:58 PM
Okay.  Seriously.  You've had THREE moderators tell you to start typing right.  We understand some typos and other mistakes, and occasionally being incoherent, but you've used up your allotment.

I am deeming this your last incomprehensible post.  The next one will get you a ban.  The length of the ban will depend on which mod finds it first, and how cranky they are at that moment.

So, tips for success:
1) Spelling
2) Grammar
3) Punctuation
4) Proper Sentence Structure (yes, technically under grammar, but I'm pulling it out for special notice anyway.)

So your pritty much saying if i mis-spell a word i'm baned? w0w thats matrue (not) thats really no fair >.<

roninfoxtail

Erm, I'm curious. What is the language you primarily speak in real life?

Nekoboy

Quote from: Ronin Foxtail on August 08, 2008, 05:07:04 PM

Irl I speak english its just I'm kinda bad at typeing sicne i have to look at the keybored and type fast and such...... -sighs-

roninfoxtail

Quote from: Nekoboy on August 08, 2008, 05:09:58 PM
Irl I speak english its just I'm kinda bad at typeing sicne i have to look at the keybored and type fast and such...... -sighs-
Can you write correctly in english? If you misspell a word, just use the backspace key. You don't have to type fast.

Damaris

Quote from: Nekoboy on August 08, 2008, 05:04:21 PM
So your pritty much saying if i mis-spell a word i'm baned? w0w thats matrue (not) thats really no fair >.<

It's perfectly fair.  You're being expected to live up to the standard I apply to the rest of the posters.

Slow down, type correctly, use proper grammar, and post an intelligent post.  It's not that hard.  It's a technique that will serve you well in the real world, where employers actually look down on staff members that can't type without slipping into AOL-speak.

So, somehow I think you will find away to survive this grave injustice.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

No. We're saying that every single post you have has more than one word misspelled. That's not "if you misspell a word", that's "if you manage to make a post that has none, we'll be surprised"

Quite frankly, it hurts to try to figure out what you mean, and it's reached the point where I'll assist everyone else in trying to figure it out by making it all go away.

It's entirely up to you to resolve your side. After all, it's not like the forum is going anywhere.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Ronin Foxtail on August 08, 2008, 05:07:04 PM

As it so happens, I myself never learned to touch-type. I do look at the keyboard when I'm typing, I use a minimum of fingers doing it, and I do make spelling errors as I type. But I check my screen periodically, I make sure that I check if by browser thinks I misspelled a word, and I look for idiot things that my browser won't pick up (to/too, etc.). It really takes a few seconds, especially on really short posts. I won't BS you, I'm sure I miss things, but I figure I pick up most things. And it makes you a -whole- lot more understandable.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Suwako

I've taken a typing course, for 20 euro's at the time, to be able to type better. (Though I do make mistakes) I would really advice you to just click the spell check if you are done typing a post, it works well, not as well as firefox, but since you do not have that program it is your best option. The spellchecker for sentences such as yours would require about 10 seconds of your time at most anyway.

(note: I used the firefox spellchecker to check the spelling, not that I made that many mistakes, since I typed relatively slowly. )

I know you don't want to, and the only reason I can think of why is that we are just not worth that extra bit of time to you, which I find kind of an insult, since we are doing it for you as well. Heck, I am not even english, I should be talking dutch to you now.

Turnsky

Forums aren't IRC, you won't die or get lost in a sea of text if you take your Time with typing your posts, just take it easy, take your time, and you'll find that you'll eventually learn to touchtype in your own way, and somewhat coherently, i might add.

There's no rush..  :)

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

I didn't really want to chip in on this, but apparently your motivation for starting this thread was to ask Amber something.  That being the case, I'd have thought that making a good impression in terms of spelling and grammar would be kind of important, wouldn't it?

See also:

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_170.php

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_272.php

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Darkmoon

Quote from: Damaris on August 03, 2008, 03:24:58 PM
Okay.  Seriously.  You've had THREE moderators tell you to start typing right.  We understand some typos and other mistakes, and occasionally being incoherent, but you've used up your allotment.

I am deeming this your last incomprehensible post.  The next one will get you a ban.  The length of the ban will depend on which mod finds it first, and how cranky they are at that moment.

So, tips for success:
1) Spelling
2) Grammar
3) Punctuation
4) Proper Sentence Structure (yes, technically under grammar, but I'm pulling it out for special notice anyway.)

And I want to point out to you that we're getting on you not because you're making typos, but because you're almost never even typing close to teh right words.

"Pritty"? Really?
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon on August 09, 2008, 02:23:51 PM
And I want to point out to you that we're getting on you not because you're making typos, but because you're almost never even typing close to teh right words.

"Pritty"? Really?

... as displayed above, the odd typo is acceptable.

I'd recommend trying to keep them to less than 1 per sentence, at most...

Saist

Quote from: Damaris on July 29, 2008, 10:34:29 PM
llearch is too nice to ban people for no reason.

I, however, get twitchy when I'm stressed at work.

:mwaha

llearch... nice... in the same sentence...

Okay Damaris, just WHAT are you smoking, and in how many countries is it illegal?

VSMIT

Nekoboy

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 09, 2008, 07:28:30 AM
I didn't really want to chip in on this, but apparently your motivation for starting this thread was to ask Amber something.  That being the case, I'd have thought that making a good impression in terms of spelling and grammar would be kind of important, wouldn't it?

See also:

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_170.php

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_272.php

[]

Thats net speak...I dotn net speak...and god peopel stop thsi crap allready people...i meen just becasue i mi-spell a few tiems is no reason to ban me...allso get off my back...im tired of this...So can you all stop i meen all i did was ask a question and all of a sudden i got 4 pages of people on my back >.<

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Nekoboy on August 14, 2008, 05:21:26 AM
That's net speak..._I don't net speak..._And god people, stop this crap already, people..._I mean just because I misspell a few times is no reason to ban me..._Also get off my back..._I'm tired of this..._So can you all stop. I mean all I did was ask a question and all of a sudden I got 4 pages of people on my back >.<

I make that 27 corrections.

Hope that helps, have a nice day.

Turnsky

Thats net speak...I dotn net speak...and god peopel stop thsi crap allready people..

Forget that, DO YA SPEAKAH DA ENGLISH?!

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nekoboy

Quote from: Turnsky on August 14, 2008, 06:11:07 AM

Thats net speak...I dotn net speak...and god peopel stop thsi crap allready people..

Forget that, DO YA SPEAKAH DA ENGLISH?!

Please shut up and leave me alone. I'm getting tired of this crap.

VSMIT

And this, dear viewers, is what we call a person who can learn.  They are extraordinarily rare, and you may only see one or two in your lifetime...

Saist

Mao

And all it took was the lot of us pointing it out to him in... what is this?  Four pages of posts!  You are now truly welcome here Nekoboy, if you can maintain that legible writing that is.

Suwako

Quote from: Nekoboy on August 14, 2008, 03:13:33 PM

Please shut up and leave me alone. I'm getting tired of this *cencored*.

I applaud you for not making errors in that one, please continue down that road and show your worth, etcetera, etcetera.

Rakala

Quote from: Nekoboy on August 14, 2008, 03:13:33 PM
Please shut up and leave me alone. I'm getting tired of this c***.
Y'know, if you're going to make posts here you're going to have to learn to deal with harassment and humiliation, otherwise you're going to end up in the Abandoned Mine, make a post complaining about ending up in the Abandoned Mine and then THAT post will end up in the Abandoned Mine. Before you know it we're going to fill the Mine beyond it's brim and soon it will start all spewing out into all the other sections. It will be PURE ANARCHY! ANARCHY I SAY!!! And then Alondro wins and we can't have that.

Nekoboy

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 14, 2008, 06:01:29 AM
That's net speak..._I don't net speak..._And god people, stop this crap already, people..._I mean just because I misspell a few times is no reason to ban me..._Also get off my back..._I'm tired of this..._So can you all stop. I mean all I did was ask a question and all of a sudden I got 4 pages of people on my back >.<

I make that 27 corrections.

Hope that helps, have a nice day.

Thanks for showing how much of an crap-hole you can be....Now all i did was ask a question now get off my back!!!

[edit: Crap-hole is no bad word]

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Nekoboy on August 14, 2008, 08:14:56 PM
Thanks for showing how much of an asshole you can be....Now all i did was ask a question now get off my back!!!

Oh, no. I can be much worse than that.

You probably want to be careful about waving words like that around, though, since it's technically against the rules of the forum, and I could quite easily ban you for it.

I won't, because I understand you're getting worked up over it, but just thought I'd mention it.

Nekoboy

Please i'm asking you all, stop replying. I all ready got my awnser and all the hate ,ill need for the next two years of my life. Now the only person I want to awnser is Amber OR any other kind people....thats is all, not haters....kay? -sighs- Allso if you forget I was asking about the gay thing...(I forget his name)  :mowignore

Allso I think thats the first bad word I said so get off my back.

Rakala

Ya know, if you like the comic so much how can't you remember anybody's names? It's not meant to harass you, I mean it as a legitimate question.

On another note, let it be known that a forum, in it's original meaning, was a place where anybody could share their ideas and speak freely. So really asking people not to make posts is sorta defeating the purpose.

Nekoboy

Quote from: Rakala on August 14, 2008, 08:26:24 PM
Ya know, if you like the comic so much how can't you remember anybody's names? It's not meant to harass you, I mean it as a legitimate question.

On another note, let it be known that a forum, in it's original meaning, was a place where anybody could share their ideas and speak freely. So really asking people not to make posts is sorta defeating the purpose.

I'm not good with names I never was, thats all I will say on that matter, allso I never told peopel to not make posts, I just said for the haters to stop replying.....anyway one more question, I got one of thoese egg things but how do I add it to the desc under my posts?

Nekoboy

[edit: sorry i didnt meen for the 2 posts]