[Art/Poetry] Xze's Corner of Insanity-12/13-WIP

Started by Nikki, July 11, 2008, 11:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you perfer more of mine?

Traditional arts
Digital arts
Writings

Nikki

@Zedd- As soon as i get a job, first thing on my list is art stuff so no worries <3

@Brun- A what feel? Eh? Care to explain to the half-asleep mix-breed? XD

@Fox- ...what's a saturation? :B

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Lysander

Quote from: Xze-Xze on August 05, 2008, 01:11:44 AM
Many problems. So many that you need happy pills. even though there is no point to that.

Pen only

i shamed the dragon with that >>

Something i never finished But i'm pondering on finishing it digitally.

I must say if that dagon is shamed by your pen I don't even want to know what happens to them when I attempt to draw. Really pretty good.     :januscat
TytajLucheek

Brunhidden

Quote from: Xze-Xze on September 01, 2008, 06:36:55 AM

@Brun- A what feel? Eh? Care to explain to the half-asleep mix-breed? XD

@Fox- ...what's a saturation? :B

buddies on away was a webcomic done by the guy who currently does 'inhuman', noted for its unique drawing style

saturation- to be drenched by or flooded with
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Kipiru

The comics and some of your work reminds me of my art a few years back, though you seem to be doing a lot better than i was back then(i still stink with color, while you got that down nicely). You seem to have ideas so keep at it!

WhiteFox

In color, saturation has to do with how rich the color in question is. High saturation colors are very rich and bold. Low saturation colors are faded, flat, and usually duller.

There's two uses, primarily, for saturation. High satuartion colors will attract the eye, and low saturation colors don't. This is useful for creating focus. IE: if you want most of the viewers attention on a character, give him higher saturation colors and the background low saturation colors. Also, if you have text on a really busy background, make the background low saturation and the text darker.

Second use: objects with low saturation look further away. This, along with making objects smaller, is one of the primary methods of depth cueing. (Depth cueing being the fancy term for "Making stuff look farther away or closer.)

*Smacks self* Must... stop... talking so bloody much. Gah.

Anyway, bummer about the lack of art supplies. I'd go stir crazy if I didn't have a pencil grafted to my hand.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Nikki

@Ly- *tackles and ducttapes self to you* STAY!! But srsly, That dragon sucks. Looks more like a...horse :B

@Brun- Ahhhhh. That's pretty cool!

@Fox- Surprisingly, i understood that!! I think i'll play around with that a bit =D

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Nikki

....i forgot the forum existed.

Anyways, dabbled in some Digi-art. Not doing too bad i think...

Just something random.

Used another pic as reference for this.

Do they go Wark?

so..ya. Been obsessed with a Korean band for like, ever now...yeah.

Edit-...took me quite a few freaking tries to get the links right =B

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Xze-Xze on October 09, 2008, 06:54:16 AM
Do they go Wark?

Being a night critter, they tend to snuffle at best. Mostly, they're very very quiet.

Like good forum-goers. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Nikki

Ahhh...so the next Kiwi should snuffle? Coolness-es-ness.

What was named first, the bird or the fruit?

llearch n'n'daCorna

The bird is "The Kiwi"

The fruit is, correctly, "kiwi fruit", named after the bird, because it looks a lot like the bird. However, slack selling methods mean that what could have been an excellent source of profit for the folks in NZ went out the window when they sold cuttings...

And everyone else in the world knows them as kiwis... Go fig.

LionHeart

The fruit was originally called  "Chinese gooseberry", until some bright person got the idea of growing them in NZ, and then renaming them.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

WhiteFox

A note on something random: Again, using some light and dark on the lines would help make it more readable. ("Readable" is a five dollar art word for "how easy it is to look at the picture and tell what it is") You took the time to put some in the hair, but they're not very well organized. Shading for hair typically belongs where bunches of strands overlap each other, to imply that one layer is on top another. Also, defining the face would really help.

Also, the proportions on the random face are good, but *pretty pretty please*  :< take a little time to look at ways to draw eyes. The style you're using is a very common, very rudimentary one. (This might be me being a curmudgeonly, snobby, grumpy old fart, but there are hundreds of easy ways to cartoon eyes. I get tired of seeing the exact same style a dozen times over)

The Ozz/Momi pic is pretty good, even if you used another pic for reference. (I study/practice anatomy by copying real life pictures of people.) The lines are a bit choppy, though. Did you do this with on Oekaki?

Also: I love that The Kiwi.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Nikki

...Kiwis are just awesome XD

The random pic was just a lot of lines that turned into hair that i thought could use a face =3 As for eyes...well, i just went with what i knew how to draw ^.^; I'm experimenting with eyes a lot though =3

Uhhhmmm...Since i don't know what Oekaki -is- i'm gonna have to say noooo. I used my Photoshop Elements to draw it. I'm just now getting the hang of it after a year ^^;;;

WhiteFox

An Oekaki is a forum that includes a web based drawing application. You can draw and post, all in one go, and the application takes care of uploading the image, so you don't have to fuss with image hosting. The drawing application is like a lite version of photoshop.

Nikki

WhiteFox

Lovely smile indeed. her forehead doesn't curve right, tho. Do I really want to know what she's chewing on?

I know I've made this comment before, but... in the second pic, at that angle, Hellfire's right eye (her right) should be on the edge of her head. Other then that, her horns don't really look like they connect with the head. The back of her head looks a little blobbey too.

The throat looks good, and I like the mouth. Mmm, fangs.

Nikki

It's a PomPom :B

Ack, really? I tried to get it to slope a little more but i guess i failed XD old drawing habits die hard.

Gah, Friggin eye XD I keep forgetting that and everytime i try i mess it up and it looks icky. I have NO idea what i was doing with those horns. I was just sketchingthe 2nd one actually to practice her mouth in a different pose than my usual snarl or closed-mouth poses, y'know?

llearch n'n'daCorna

It looks like she's swallowing a poodle. ;-]

Nikki

Make it a chihuahua and we're good.

Well i may as well post the 'poetry' i wrote ;P

QuoteGive me a reason
To keep you.
Give me a reason
To throw you away
Give me a reason
To protect you.
Give me a reason
To torment you.
Give me a reason
To hate to love you.
Give me a reason
To love to hate you.
Give me a reason...
To make you mine.
Give me a reason
To stay away.
Give me a reason
To f*** you.
Give me a reason
To abstain.
Give me a dream.
Give me a nightmare.
Give me your body
Give me your lips
Give me your hopes
Give me your thoughts.
Give me nothing
Give me everything.
But baby,
Just give me a reason,
Just give me something.

Crap, i'm late DX uhm...just pointers maybe? wrote this after 48 hours of not sleeping so it may not make sense g2g!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Xze-Xze on October 20, 2008, 01:58:52 PM
Make it a chihuahua and we're good.

I had Fa'Lina in mind. Which is one heck of a mouthful...

Nikki

NEVAR!!

Alright here's nother one for y'all

QuoteLeave me alone
Let me be
Let me go free.
Let go of my hand
Let go of my heart.
Stay away, stay away
From me.
I want nothing
I ask for nothing
I receive nothing.
Let me cry
Let me scream
Let me dream
Let me rise
Let me fall.
Let me go
Let me stay.
I don't need you
I don't want you
I don't like this
I don't want this
I hate this
I hate you.
I'm nothing
I've become nothing
I don't need saving
I don't want saving
I want to die
I want to live
Save me
Don't leave me.

techmaster-glitch

Nikki

Well they're not meant to be emo or anything like that...i was just typing and that's what came out.

WhiteFox

Not bad. Lord knows, I wouldn't call it emo. Not yet, at least. Besides, as long as it's good poetry I don't care *how* emo it gets.

For the most part, you're using very short and curt diction. But in places you've got longer words that break the flow, like "I ask for nothing/I receive nothing".

Also:
"Let me cry
Let me scream
Let me dream <-Try switching this line
Let me rise" <-And this line
To see what the rhyme scheme does. There's a few of spots like that.

You could change a bit to improve the repetition:
I don't need you
I don't want you
I don't like this
I don't want this
I hate this
I hate you.

To:
I don't need this
I don't want you
I don't like this
I don't like you
I hate this
I hate you.

Nikki

Hmmm...it sounded better in my head but maybe that's just me |3~ I'll definetly change that last part though, sounds a heckuva lot better

I cannot draw horses

Birthday gift i did on GaiaOnline for a very close friend <3 That's her OC Faer. I think she's supposed to be a goddess of Cherry blossom trees so that's why there's (Crappily drawn) Petals.

techmaster-glitch

WhiteFox

Quote from: Xze-Xze on October 27, 2008, 02:48:48 AMI cannot draw horses

Lies. That's a great horse. The eye could be better, but it's horsish qualities are irrefutable.

Nikki

Outfit Concept for a new Character

I made it to fit on a Horse's body for a design concept in a shop on Gaia then never intended to use it, But i got attacked to it and made a new OC that i am now very much in love with in terms of character. His name is Viktor Samhain.

What you can't see on that small ref is long-ish silver with blue/purple highlights and scraggly with a braid in it. I can't decide on eye color but i'm debating on a tone of blue...Not sure.

His personality is still Iffy so i'mma keep that under wraps until i get it straightened out, but most definitely he's a bit of a bookworm ;P

Nikki

Blargh, double-post

Alright so this year i have entered into not only Zina's secret santa, but another as well and i'm already panicking.

About what? About the quality of art i will be able to give to the person i am to give a gift to. Without a scanner i'm having to do photoshop art and while i've improved this past year, i'm still not confident enough. Fox has given me some AWESOME tips (THANK YOU!) and i've been jumping from tutorial to tutorial, but i keep doing the same amateur-ish mistakes. And i want to stop that.

And to begin, something a bit new;

Chick? Dude? You tell me XD

Decided to draw a person with the goal of trying some new things; Hair highlights, different arm position, different eye style, and experiment with shading some more.

Pondering on trying to mix in drawing ears and...-shudder-...hands in my next little doodle.

Lysander

For drawing hands I take pictures on a digital camera of my hands in whatever position for the subject in the picture and I've had good reviews from doind so. If the person if holding an object that you don't personally have you can compensate with something similar. If you're drawing something with four fingers instead of five or whatever making the fingers wider usually does fine.   :januscat
TytajLucheek