11/07/08 [DMFA #920] - Oh frig.

Started by !KCA, July 11, 2008, 03:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Quote from: Ganurath on July 14, 2008, 03:53:58 AM
...I can't believe it took me this long to figure out Janus is a guy.

I don't think you need to worry... I've made a few mistakes on the forum so far (as for other forums... let's not go there). It's one of the side-effects of conversing in an arena where basically everyone's name is made up and you basically have to guess. Even poor Turing might have a problem with the internet.

Of course, I'm not Janus...
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Jairus on July 14, 2008, 03:22:20 AM
PS: On another note, it's nice to officially meet you, Janus. I was warned way back on my first day that I'd eventually bump into you.

Yes, yes. The warning was probably about me being a pink whirlwind of shonen-ai or something like that. I'm a regular terror, apparently. Is this a face that looks like it could do you any harm?

Quote from: Ganurath on July 14, 2008, 03:53:58 AM
...I can't believe it took me this long to figure out Janus is a guy.

Amber recorded eight e-mails during the arc questioning the gender. I've seen various other mistakes made across the internet too. It's old. Very old. *shrug* Frankly, I think people do one of two things: assume Janus is pronounced like Janice, or in the case of art they see pink and think "oh, must be a girl."

We now cease your derailment and return you to your regularly scheduled comic thread.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on July 14, 2008, 05:27:12 AM
I'm a regular terror, apparently. Is this a face that looks like it could do you any harm?

Does insulin shock count?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

Quote from: Jairus on July 14, 2008, 03:22:20 AM
PS: On another note, it's nice to officially meet you, Janus. I was warned way back on my first day that I'd eventually bump into you.
Yes, yes. The warning was probably about me being a pink whirlwind of shonen-ai or something like that. I'm a regular terror, apparently. Is this a face that looks like it could do you any harm?

Not really. But then again, I'm not Dr. Jyrras.

Frankly, I think people do one of two things: assume Janus is pronounced like Janice, or in the case of art they see pink and think "oh, must be a girl."

Isn't Janus pronounced "Ya-nus" or "Ia-nus" or something like that? Besides, everyone should know that it takes a real man to wear pink...

Ganurath

Quote from: Jairus on July 14, 2008, 10:45:17 AM
Frankly, I think people do one of two things: assume Janus is pronounced like Janice, or in the case of art they see pink and think "oh, must be a girl."

Isn't Janus pronounced "Ya-nus" or "Ia-nus" or something like that? Besides, everyone should know that it takes a real man to wear pink...
1. I should hope the former. I feel sorry for anyone with a name that sounds like... Well, take out the first letter.
2. Donovan Deegan must die.
3. It was the pink that threw me for a loop, combined with how the guys always look somewhat effeminite when Amber's doing the drawing. Remember when Wildy brought the boys to the club or, I dunno, the current story arc?
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Jairus

Quote from: Ganurath on July 14, 2008, 12:54:10 PM
Quote from: Jairus on July 14, 2008, 10:45:17 AMIsn't Janus pronounced "Ya-nus" or "Ia-nus" or something like that? Besides, everyone should know that it takes a real man to wear pink...
1. I should hope the former. I feel sorry for anyone with a name that sounds like... Well, take out the first letter.
2. Donovan Deegan must die.

Well, I think that it's more like "Yah-nus" or "Ee-ah-nus," rather than "Yay-nus" or... the other one.

And why must Donovan Deegan die?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jairus on July 14, 2008, 01:01:01 PM

Yah-noos. Although it depends on where you're from, and hence what your accent is...

Donovan Deegan wears pink. He's also extremely good with a sword, which explains how he can get away with it. He's a proponent of "real men wear pink"...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 14, 2008, 01:25:04 PM
Quote from: Jairus on July 14, 2008, 01:01:01 PM

Yah-noos. Although it depends on where you're from, and hence what your accent is...

Donovan Deegan wears pink. He's also extremely good with a sword, which explains how he can get away with it. He's a proponent of "real men wear pink"...

Close enough with the pronunciation, though I think we can all agree that the "Ja/Ya/Ia" does not have the "A" pronounced as "Ay." And I can see why Donovan Deegan must die: he is in competition with our Janus. Of course, I got the "real men wear pink" saying from a t-shirt, so it's not like I'm trying to be original here...

AmigaDragon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 14, 2008, 01:25:04 PMYah-noos. Although it depends on where you're from, and hence what your accent is...
Ya sure, yoo bet'cha, that's how Ole and Sven pronounce it.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Jairus

Quote from: AmigaDragon on July 14, 2008, 03:34:32 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 14, 2008, 01:25:04 PMYah-noos. Although it depends on where you're from, and hence what your accent is...
Ya sure, yoo bet'cha, that's how Ole and Sven pronounce it.

Oh, you did not just say that...

So Sven walked up to his neighbor Ole's fence and said, "Hey Ole, you should be more careful about closing your blinds at night. I saw you and Lena making love for hours last night."
And Ole said, "Hah, the joke's on you! I wasn't home last night!"

My grandparents used to tell me Ole, Sven and Lena jokes all the time when I was a kid. They're from that area of the US, so they knew a lot of them.

VSMIT

Man, now I'm feeling the need to tell one now...

So Lena comes up to Ole and says, "You've got a sign outside our house that says boat for sale.  But you don't have a boat, all you've got is your John Deere tractor and your combine."

"Yeah, they're boat for sale."

Jairus

So Lena says to Ole, "Ole, why are ya sitting naked in the living room with no clothes on?"
And so Ole says to Lena, "Well, no one's gonna come to visit me today so I thought why bother."
"But you've got yer hat on."
"Well, ya never know."

Okay, does every thread on this forum eventually become whatever people want it to be, or is it just me?

Back on topic, I just noticed that Dan's dress is backless... which answers my question of how he got his wings through the little holes in the back of his dress: the back of his dress is just one big hole!

AmigaDragon

yeah, high front neckline, VERY low back neckline. I've noticed that long ago with his red dress... robe.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Jairus

And considering how his robe has basically been cut down into a very loose shirt, I'm starting to wonder how the heck it's held together? Magic Cubi threads?

EDIT: My ranking is now "Telemarketer?" :erk Evil Jyrras is once more planning his revenge.

VSMIT

Well, telemarketers are inherently evil.  Otherwise, they wouldn't continuously call during dinner.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Jairus on July 14, 2008, 04:14:17 PM
And considering how his robe has basically been cut down into a very loose shirt, I'm starting to wonder how the heck it's held together? Magic Cubi threads?
Since he has fur instead of bare skin, maybe something like Velcro inside on the shoulders would help hold it there.

Lena

Quote from: AmigaDragon on July 14, 2008, 04:49:44 PM
Since he has fur instead of bare skin, maybe something like Velcro inside on the shoulders would help hold it there.
That is a very interesting mental image right there.  :aack But you know, it just might work...
OTOH, I just figured it was like my halter tops - around the neck & back and it stays put.

Jairus

Quote from: VSMIT on July 14, 2008, 04:39:20 PM
Well, telemarketers are inherently evil.  Otherwise, they wouldn't continuously call during dinner.

Yes, but Telemarketers are worse than Lawyers. Evil Jyrras prefers plans of world-domination, not soul-crushing horror. There's a difference.

Quote from: AmigaDragon on July 14, 2008, 04:49:44 PM

Yeah, but wouldn't it pull at your fur every time you tried to remove it? Besides, I don't think Dan's fur is "curly" enough for it to work that way. I kind of like AmigaDragon's idea about the halter tops: I would not have though of that.

VSMIT

Amiga's idea?  No...  That was Lena.  Looks like you blended their posts together and didn't even realize it.

Jairus

Quote from: VSMIT on July 14, 2008, 07:09:39 PM
Amiga's idea?  No...  That was Lena.  Looks like you blended their posts together and didn't even realize it.

Crud... sorry about that Lena and AmigaDragon... I'd fix it, but I think it's better that everyone see how badly I can screw up... as if any of you need more proof. Thanks for catching that.

pyrohamster

Jairus

Hey, Schnitzel!

Come to think of it, most creatures wear very little clothing. Not that I'm complaining, that is...

Mao

Well this is breaching those nasty subjects again... so!  I wonder just how badly undead splatter anyway.  Are we talking pizza pocket commercial splatter.. or something less?

Jairus

Maybe burrito thrown against a wall? I somehow doubt we'll get to see it in the coming comics, though.

Brunhidden

place gerbil or other small pet of the rodent variety into saran wrap and then microwave- thats the kind of splatter
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Jairus

Quote from: Brunhidden on July 16, 2008, 01:38:54 AM
place gerbil or other small pet of the rodent variety into saran wrap and then microwave- thats the kind of splatter

Um... well... hm... wow...

Well, there are a handful of different responses to this comment, pretty much all of which revolve around exactly how it is you know what kind of splatter level such a combination has.

Mao

I wonder if there's a site for it like that Blender that can blend anything...

Jairus

Quote from: Mowser on July 16, 2008, 07:05:21 AM
I wonder if there's a site for it like that Blender that can blend anything...

... I can't even look at a simple scrape or a little bleeding cut without feeling nauseous (I'm not hemophobic or anything, injuries just creep me out: hospitals do it too me too), so I really really really do not want to Google that, do I?

Brunhidden

essentially its a recepe for hot dogfood, the saran wrap actually contracts when heated as the body would expand- thus its both an explosion and implosion.

just so you know, i never did this, my brother did however. but he also experimented with feeding antacids to seagulls with exciting results.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

silentassassin

i was never a fan of killing that way im more of a fan of this  :kruger