Diablo 3 announced!

Started by Akisohida, July 06, 2008, 09:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akisohida

Blizzard finally announced Diablo 3! There are gameplay videos and info on new monsters and one of the two new classes. Yaaay!
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Reese Tora

looks like the witch doctor (or whatever) is replacing the necromancer.

barbarian doesn't look like it's cahnging much.

looking forward to this. :)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Akisohida

They should make a foxspider class! *Ungeeks..Unfurries?* Yeah, I will miss my SummoNecro is that is the case. Though I will make a Druid if that class stays.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Mao

I always enjoyed the Sorcerer from D1, but I did enjoy the Druid in D2's expansion.

Teroniss

I doubt this one will have Amazon's again, unless they make a male equivalent. I would like to see the Sorceress and Sorceror stay though, I loved those classes.

I think Dueling analogs appropriately portrayed my response when I learned about D3. Hope it lives up to its predecessors.

Jack McSlay

If it has a ninja class, I'll be the first to buy  >:3
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Reese Tora

Well, the assassin from D2 was as close to a ninja as you could get without wearing a hood...

Akisohida: when I said it looks like the witch doctor is replacing Necro, I mean that the cahracter description is basically curses, summon undead, and magic damage.  it's shaping up to be what the necromancer was. :)  You will probably be able recreate your SummoNecro using one. ;)

of course, I think that all the classes, retained or new, will be re-balanced and given different abilities, or, atleast, have thier existing abilities changed somewhat to fit their new engine.

Eibborn

Ah! If only I had a computer up to running it. It sounds great, so far.
/kicks the internet over

Mao

I wonder if they'll try and keep the requirements down like some other games do so that more folks can play it.  It's not a big deal for me, but it would be nice if they did that.

Ramsey

Quote from: Teroniss on July 10, 2008, 02:09:12 PM
I doubt this one will have Amazon's again, unless they make a male equivalent.

I'm sure they'll have it as a different name, but same class mechanics of the Amazon. Either that, or we'll get the Ranger or something.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Reese Tora on July 11, 2008, 11:05:23 PM
when I said it looks like the witch doctor is replacing Necro, I mean that the cahracter description is basically curses, summon undead, and magic damage.  it's shaping up to be what the necromancer was. :)  You will probably be able recreate your SummoNecro using one. ;)

Bah! Creepy death-quoting guy > creepy fetish-using guy.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Azlan

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on July 14, 2008, 03:13:10 AM

Bah! Creepy death-quoting guy > creepy fetish-using guy.

Indeed, I am so far unimpressed with their classes thus far.  Everything else is rather keen though.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Reese Tora

*sigh*

One thing, Blizzard is much too enamored on their proprietary torrent program... it's slower than a regular download, and I've been at downloading the gameplay video for the last week (off and on, since it screws up my conenction for any other purpose while it's running)

The gameplay vid better be pretty darn awesome, since it's 16 times as big as the cinematic trailer!

On classes, I'm hoping they come out with mostly new flavorful classes, but the two revealed ones don't leave me with too much hope of that, since one is a straight rehash, and the other looks to be a clone of a previous class abilities wise.  I'd like to see a new druid with different elemental focuses(more plant related) and a new shapeshifting mechanic.

--edit--

three words:
Wall of Zombies

Azlan

Quote from: Reese Tora on July 15, 2008, 01:58:58 AM
*sigh*

One thing, Blizzard is much too enamored on their proprietary torrent program... it's slower than a regular download, and I've been at downloading the gameplay video for the last week (off and on, since it screws up my conenction for any other purpose while it's running)

I wish I could loan you my DS3, but by the time your got it... the download would be finished.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Reese Tora

Quote from: Azlan on July 18, 2008, 01:57:42 AM
I wish I could loan you my DS3, but by the time your got it... the download would be finished.

Oh, it finished about twenty minutes before I edited my last post here...

Wall of zombies, it's one of the witch doctor's abilities.  The video is so freaking huge because it's 1280x720 and over 19 minutes long, and it shows off the two announced classes (including the female versions of each class near the end) and some samples of fighting.

going just by this (and the fact the vid uses an area that I believe is going to be an earlier area), the pace of combat and 'dark' feeling of the graphics are not going to be lost.

I am revising my earlier opinion on the witch doctor being a straight port of the necro; the way the WD summons his pets is a lot more like the druid's summoning tree, and he has the ability to infuse his pets with extra damage ability by using his direct damage abilities on them... and to detonate them when he's done with them.

Not much I can say about the barbarian, the abilities are pretty much what they were from D2; some are new, but it's all smashy smashy; the signature moves like leap and whirlwind are still there, and appear to function similarly to the D2 versions.

I'd suggest that it's a worthwhile download for a fan, just run it overnight two nights in a row and you'll have all 800 megs of it. (it was about 10 hours total to complete on my ADSL.   I didn't run it overnight because my computer would keep me up with it's fan noise, as it's only a couple feet from my bed.)

Vekar

I cant wait despite the fact this computer could never run it considering what graphics they displayed. Still though as someone who played D1 and D2+expansion I can not wait to see what they will come up with for a world. I really want to go back to the Arreat peaks and see what happened afte the world stone was blown up.