Face tutorial!
9 (28.1%)
Hands!
7 (21.9%)
Get back to work on your comic!
16 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 30

WhiteFox

I remember this one episode of West Wing, where they're talking about... I dunno, pills for HIV or something. And... I forget who, I think Toby asks why the meds were so expensive? it costs 12 cents to make one. Leo replies, "The second one costs twelve cents to make. The first one cost fourty five million."

So, DSOF 13 took two weeks. DSOF 14 took me... A day.

DSOF #14: Say hello to my little friend

The quality really took a hit on this one (All the feathered wings are crappy, and theo looks retarded, literally, in panel two). I scanned everything WAY too dark, and spent forever cleaning up the mess. I'll probably get better quality in the same time if I remember to get a decent scan of the linework first. On the upside, this one took a tenth the time to color as these usually do, and inking took about an hour on paper instead of a day on the computer. Really, most of the time was in fixing the crappy scan.

I would have done more to fix things up, especially cleaning up the linework, but it was all I could do produce the jpg. and upload it before I got picked up and taken out of town (I'm typing this up on my fathers computer, at the moment) I'm going to spend this weekend working on #15, doing wing studies, and Sunday I'll work more on the comic.

Poor as it is, I'm kinda proud I got this done in a single day. It'd be even better if I'd been prudent enough to get a decent first scan.

Next one'll be better.  >:3
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Jairus

"And this... is PAIN!"

That makes up for any perceived poor quality. That was awesome.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Kipiru

Nice comics, you sure got movement down nicely, but if you could clear out your images a bit more would be nice, all those flaw lines make it look like a work in progress or a painted over rough sketch. Your coloring is very nice as well, love the cheetah gal. Nice!

Brunhidden

what makes it a little funny is that he now has butterfly wings while causing pain
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

WhiteFox

Voilá. DSOF #15

DSOF: You know you are getting the couch when...

My wings. Are really. Sucking. It's getting worse too.

Ack. I just noticed how confusing the speech bubbles are for the third row of panels. The bubbles below go with the panels. I must fix that with some pointers.

Angst aside, I like how this one came out. I did what I did with the better of hte earlier ones, I decided it would be better to take an extra day to make it better. I don't do that often enough, I'm usually to frenetic about my work. Faster, faster, faster. Hurry hurry hurry.

Comments appreciated. Lemme know what you think.

(I need to draw Wynk and Ré more often.)
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Tapewolf

At first I thought Jade was telling Theo he'd wasted his talents (by hiding them).  That would have made some sense given that most demons supposedly worship power and might.
As it is, it's a little surprising that she seems to be put out by it - unless of course, she doesn't buy into demon tradition.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

WhiteFox

There are reasons.

BTW: I'm color coding the speech bubbles again. Theo's are blue.

Brunhidden

i am seeing a videogame menu that reads  "Use > skill > mindfuck"

WhiteFox

Updated the archive, which I have been massively slacking off about. All the comics are posted.

I really have to put together a proper front page. Gah.

WhiteFox

Well, something I should have done a long time ago.

In my typical sloppy html style, may I present the results of the Forum Cast Pic Project, as they stand to this day.

Anyone who is seeing their pic for the first time and does not approve of something, please let me know immediately. There are several people here who have not proofed their drawings, notably those in group four and five.

Without further ado:
http://www.northernelectric.ca/~whitefox/site/projects/cast.html

[EDIT] Info on what happened with the project here: http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,4729.msg221472.html#msg221472

[EDIT2] As usual, comments appreciated.

Valynth

Valynth has approved this image.

Also, the "oh crap this is gonna hurt" thought is probably going to be followed by "ah, well, it could have been worse." 

To be honest, I originally planned on him simply appearing in different dimensions in a semi-subtle way, but I like the portal idea.  It adds a kind of humor to it that somewhat reflects the humor in Valynth's constant resetting(from his view) story.  In short, your portal idea has been baptized into Valynth's cannon, which will be up as soon as I can get some space between my job and school work to continue writing it.

In short, I love everything about the Valynth drawing, keep up the good work.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

WhiteFox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. I like what you did with the arrows; didn't quite work out, but an excellent attempt.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

WhiteFox

Well, in coloring, it'd supposedly end up looking more like a ^_^ face

WhiteFox

More crap work.

(NSFW: some language, some blood, and a little nudie.)

DSOF #16

This one's in black and white because scanning and coloring it turned out to be impossible. The darker I made the scan, the more theo's hair turned to a big black pile of mud. The lighter I made it, I started losing large amounts of linework of the characters. As for coloring it, the last panel lost a lot of it's energy when it got colored, and there were just too many gaps in the linework to do proper fills. besides that, I dripped ink on theo's face in panel two, Jade's head in panel 4-6 looks like a mushroom, and theo in frame 8 and 9 looks just goofy.

I'm posting it because I swore an oath to myself: I'd never delay posting something if making it better meant putting so much work into it that I'd end up never posting it. I mean, I'd put up a fight and do what I could, but if it meant holding off forever... well, I'm posting this and moving on.

Anyway, comments appreciated. I'm sure there's faults and merits to this thing that I'm entirely blind to right now. Also, someone tell me if they're enjoying the story at all.

Suwako

Nicely, though uncoloured, I can understand why she is upset about that, I would be too.

WhiteFox

Well, I did a little experimentation with my scanner and some inked stuff.

I did a little anatomical sketch of Felix and inked the thing, couldn't have taken me more then fifteen minutes all told. Messed around with the threshold settings to see if I could get a decent scan of it. The lesson here? erase the pencils when you're done inking.

Its' also a pretty good example of what I've been doing with anatomy, so I figured it's worth posting.

I'm not sure if this is nudity, cause there's no privates showing or anything (Well, I guess he's naked. he's not wearing any skin), and it's not really violent or per se, but I'm pretty sure this counts as NSFW. Here's the pic: Felix Lifting Something Big. If his torso looks short, it's cause his back is really curved right now.

Back to DSOF #17 for me.

WhiteFox

I knew I had another pic lying around.

Cast image no. 6 is up.

I just want to say, half the reason I did this project was to challenge my art skills. I've drawn a lot of species and outfits that I never would have thought of on my own.

The other half was that I wanted to get to know a few of you a little better, and I feel like I have. Thanks for signing up.

(I just noticed I hadn't finished Siennia's sleeves. Crap.)

Brunhidden

i like the happy one thats standing on one foot- excited or laughing?

WhiteFox

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

WhiteFox

DSOF 17 is... better then the previous, but not as good as I'd like. I'm going to have to start defining shade and highlights before I scan the image, cause I HATE photoshop and all applications like it, and the less work I have to do in Photoshop the better.

Anyway, totally NSFW (Some nudity)
DSOF#17

18 might take a little while, I have some character designs to work out.

Comments and crits. appreciated.

[Edit]Finally built the archive page.

WhiteFox

Finally did up a ref sheet for Ré, I'm not sure about the colors so I'm posting for comments.

Also, I finally nailed down a half decent technique for adding highlights and shading. Feedback appreciated.

Ré color ref.

I just noticed I forgot to add the clan mark. And ref for the eyes. Oh well.

That's Wynk up in the corner, he's next.

Suwako

So that cubi is a girl pretending to be a guy..

man Dan and abel would hate him.  :U

WhiteFox

Quote from: Aiyno on September 11, 2008, 12:40:57 PM
man Dan and abel would hate him.  :U

Actually, hating Felix is probably the natural order of things.

WhiteFox

I. Am. Back.

For the past two weeks, I've been stuck in the hospital. (No emergency or anything life threatening, and since I'm in Canada Healthcare covers it. So don't worry bout me. Though there is a long story about why I was going in for five days and came out twelve days later. If you really want to know the whole story, I'll tell you about it, but I try not to spend too much time talking about my medical crap) I had no internet connection, but I did have my computer and drawing materials. It was kind of a retreat, actually, and I feel I made a lot of progress as an artists.

Anyway... for all that time, I only have one comic page to show for it. (And a huge pile of sketches, character designs, and misc. other drawings.) It was a lot of work, tho: I drew the page, didn't like it and re-drew it, partially colored it, scrapped that and drew it again, colored it almost completely before scrapping that cause the scan was just too poor quality, then colored another copy.

Which I now present to you all:
DSOF #18: If you keep making that face, Felix, it's going to stick like that.

I need to get better at inking, mostly figuring out what line weights to use and where. At some point, my hand started getting shakey, which screwed up the bottom left panel, and a few other spots. I wasn't going to draw it a fourth time, though.

Crits, comments and questions welcome.

Tapewolf

Oh, intrigue.  That I like.  The art is good too.  I'm starting to feel sorry for Felicia.  Why does she change her appearance to the degree she does, though?  Or are we going to find that out later?
As an aside, have you worked out where their clan markings are?

Suwako

Clan leaders are such bastards.

I say, if the annoyance can burn, make it burn by any means available.  :B

Yeah, it's a nice page, although somewhat inconsistent maybe (??, as if I am capable of judging ) I hardly care for consistency anyway.

emotions!  :)

and like Tapewolf I really hope that the explanation is given in the comic ... soon  >:3 I am such a selfish entity  :U

WhiteFox

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 03, 2008, 04:46:58 PM
Oh, intrigue.  That I like. 

Does a comic good.

It should be noted that I am a truly sadistic GM IRL.

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 03, 2008, 04:46:58 PMThe art is good too. 

Thank you. I really tried to push things, but inexperience with pens and a shaky hand really hit the quality hard. I'm glad it still stands up well.

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 03, 2008, 04:46:58 PMI'm starting to feel sorry for Felicia.  Why does she change her appearance to the degree she does, though?  Or are we going to find that out later?

Yep. Already have that scene planned out.  >:3

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 03, 2008, 04:46:58 PM
As an aside, have you worked out where their clan markings are?

Yep. You'll probably never see Felicias.

Quote from: Aiyno on October 03, 2008, 04:49:44 PM
Clan leaders are such bastards.

Striclty speaking, Meredith isn't a clan leader or a tri-wing or anything. She is, however, fairly prominent in the clan.

Quote from: Aiyno on October 03, 2008, 04:49:44 PM
and like Tapewolf I really hope that the explanation is given in the comic ... soon  >:3 I am such a selfish entity  :U

It might not be anytime soon, but these things are important to the comic. So it will come.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Fox LeBlanc on October 03, 2008, 05:01:25 PM
Striclty speaking, Meredith isn't a clan leader or a tri-wing or anything. She is, however, fairly prominent in the clan.

Yes.  Tri-wings are rare (approx. 12 living in DMFA currently, out of <100 since the race began 100'000 years ago).  Though you don't have to have a Tri-wing in charge of the clan... I suspect you can fork clans or something.

Like you say, I didn't really get the impression she was in charge of the clan, more like she was just influential within it.