Furrae Chronicles: Webs of Destiny (OOC) [M] {3} - Closed

Started by Tapewolf, October 11, 2007, 03:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 19, 2007, 03:39:18 PM
You seem to have forgotten that Keaton has kept the soul of a malicious Angel caged within her mace for four hundred years. :P If anything, Keaton would be laughing at the irony of it all and wondering what Jakob's so upset about.
Oh yes... of course...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tapewolf

I'm going to wait to give Cog a look in before responding to Ignatz.

**EDIT**

I did scan to see if Cog gave his name, but I obviously missed it.  Jakob would probably have known it anyway, but it would have been very rude to do it that way.

Since Jakob has probably got the wrong end of the stick, he could well be sitting there with his eyes closed until Cog asks if he's okay or something.

**EDIT EDIT**

Quote'Incubi and succubi are born with power. Power they haven't earned or gotten the right to.
Heh.  I like that.  From Stygian's profile:
"He is charged with many cases of murder, property destruction, theft and the utilization of forbidden magic, and is widely considered as one of the most wanted individuals in existence."

Quote'And by their very nature they intrude upon others' minds. You know, to some, information is more valuable than life.  And without privacy, without security and hope, life may not be worth living.'

Even Beings can cast a mind-shield.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 19, 2007, 05:42:11 PM
Even Beings can cast a mind-shield.

Rather reminiscent of the Kahjiit view of property. If the owner didn't take the time to guard it properly, then he's really just asking for someone to come along and steal it...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on October 19, 2007, 09:38:13 PM
Rather reminiscent of the Kahjiit view of property. If the owner didn't take the time to guard it properly, then he's really just asking for someone to come along and steal it...

There's some truth to that.  But as the mindreading expo says, people's thoughts are usually far too boring to bother with and they'll generally shut then out as a matter of course.
If you've really got something to hide, then it's just a matter of casting a mind-shield.

**EDIT**

If anyone is curious, Jakob is reminiscing something that happened in chapters 25-27 of CJP:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=691.msg101168#msg101168

**EDIT EDIT**
I'm not saying whether Jakob has left the bar yet, so if anyone wants to catch him before he goes, now's your chance.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

I wonder why demons didn't claim it for themselves. Or perhaps they meant to, but cubi acted faster.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

QuoteShe watched with a chocolate-hued iris as Jakob scrawled something down on a message for the gray wolf he was conversing with, unable to make out the majority of his writing due to her diminished eyesight, but she noticed something regarding "SAIA" emblazoned on the paper.

Just one slight quibble, it's actually a pre-printed business card, so he's not going to be writing on it himself, and it's going to be nice, clear text not scrawl.  It may very well have a big 'SAIA' logo printed across the top and bottom, though.

Gareeku

Um, just so you know, I'm pretty sure that Ignatz wasn't referring to Gareeku when he described someone as hypocritical. I'm pretty sure he was talking about Jakob. I don't know where you got that idea from.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on October 21, 2007, 12:22:51 PM
Um, just so you know, I'm pretty sure that Ignatz wasn't referring to Gareeku when he described someone as hypocritical.

Yeah, I do have an alternate theory of what he might have meant, although it took me a few days to develop and it still hasn't come to Jakob.  Jakob is going to instantly click with the idea that Gareeku is a hypocrite for... well, what we discussed a couple of days ago, since that's what he was thinking of at the time.

At some point he's likely to realise that Ignatz won't even know about that, but until then, ignorance is bliss.

Gareeku

No offense, but it comes across as pretty dense to me that it hasn't been figured out that Gareeku has no control of himself when he goes into "beserk" mode, if you will. I know Jakob's probably a bit annoyed, but still.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on October 21, 2007, 12:54:52 PM
No offense, but it comes across as pretty dense to me that it hasn't been figured out that Gareeku has no control of himself when he goes into "beserk" mode, if you will. I know Jakob's probably a bit annoyed, but still.
Oh, he knows alright, he's just not thinking clearly.

Tapewolf

A couple of observations regarding the current situation (hence the DP - sorry):

1. Jakob was using the term 'demon' generically, meaning 'not a Being'.  Naturally, the others are likely to interpret this in the more direct sense.

2. Stygian has already proven that he is a demon of some kind, the least of which was when he wanted to take the Demon's soul in the last battle.

3. As far as Keaton's concerned, he's probably lying when he says he doesn't lie.

Gabi

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on October 21, 2007, 06:18:30 PM
I'd say the third statement is Keaton's call.
Absolutely... I'm just looking at it from her character's PoV.  Whether she uses the idea it or not is entirely her decision, I'm just putting it on the table.

James StarRunner

Bleh... Net goes down for a night and just look at all the new interaction! Looks like the drinking challenge turned out interesting after all.

Tapewolf

Maybe I've missed something obvious again, or maybe it's going to be revealed later, but I'd be interested to know what it was that Keaton said which riled Stygian.  I have a few theories but all of them have holes.

Gabi

Contrary to Ignatz's belief, we're not all recluses. :P

Paladin Sheppard

Hey Guys I'm back! I read this first cause I like to catch up with the technical side of things....I must say I'm really interested to see what this drinking contest is like and what Eph did >:3

Okies I'm caught up. Got a question for James though which room did you park her drunk behind?

Gabi

Welcome back, Pal!

We're both waiting for James, it seems. I'm glad it's not me people are waiting for. :mowwink

Paladin Sheppard

Thankies Gabi!

I'm headed to bed atm and hopefuly James will have posted by the time I get up.

If not I'll pick a room at random and resume control of the (not so)little devil.

Tapewolf

Gabi

I'm leaving it there until Pal tells me what my character can find. I don't want to mess up his plans or anything, but he did say Eph was in the room across room 11 and let out a loud 'eep'. It wouldn't make sense for Gabi not to react to it.

Paladin Sheppard

Stygian

Please don't mind if I do either. If you have any objections, notify me. But it seemed like a fun thing to do before I have Stygian fall into his room.

Paladin Sheppard

Heh I don't mind at all Stygian might be a good way to make an impression on Eph  :3

Gabi

Stygian

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on October 31, 2007, 09:34:59 PM
Heh I don't mind at all Stygian might be a good way to make an impression on Eph :P

[coughs] Well, that depends on what you might mean by impression...

Stygian

How I love being a scheming, sadistic, insidious prick... >:D

Wait! I mean playing as one. Playing! :dface

Paladin Sheppard

You do realise Eph is only dressed in a Over sized shirt right now right?  >:3

I'm gonna wait till Tape has a chance to answer

Stygian

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on October 31, 2007, 11:10:28 PM
You do realise Eph is only dressed in a Over sized shirt right now right?  >:3

You do realize Styg is damn good looking, right? The problem is he knows it. He's a vain prick too. >:3

Anyway, Styg doesn't have a problem with that, what with him only wearing an open shirt under that coat. If you're looking for someone who'd mind such things much, you would be better of searching elsewhere. He's about as far from a prude as you can get.

Also, I can't really understand how people can find a light smell of cigarettes and whiskey that bad.