Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC Thread) {02}

Started by Azlan, August 13, 2007, 12:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on September 08, 2007, 08:53:14 AM
"Sally!  Oh I am feel better but I am worried about my patients.  These guys don't seem to want me to go. back to the Hospital." says Dr Chad Westling.
Hehehehe... who's going to gently break it to him that they burned his hospital to the ground?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ryudo Lee

Well it didn't so much a burn to the ground... it's still standing, but it's definitely seen better days.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on September 10, 2007, 10:54:39 AM
Well it didn't so much a burn to the ground... it's still standing, but it's definitely seen better days.
It's not going to be useable for a while either.  They might be able to close the damaged parts of it off of course.

**EDIT**
And whatever the case, it was Chad's department that has been ruined.

Ryudo Lee

I think it would be quite fun if they flip on a television and catch a news report of all the damage...

And just so you guys are clear, these backup guys will be ready to head out as soon as you are.  No rush.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on September 10, 2007, 02:08:37 PM
I think it would be quite fun if they flip on a television and catch a news report of all the damage...

And just so you guys are clear, these backup guys will be ready to head out as soon as you are.  No rush.

Are we assuming that this discussion is happening over the comms channels?  Otherwise Dorcan and Sally haven't been told what's going on.

Ryudo Lee

Wasn't Dorcan there when the fire broke out?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on September 12, 2007, 10:29:38 AM
Wasn't Dorcan there when the fire broke out?

Yes, that's why he mentioned it, although PBH seems to have ignored him totally.  But that's another story.  What I'm saying is that he has no idea that they're planning a return mission so soon, having been fooling around in the labs.  And the same may apply to Sally.  I can probably work around it if need be.

Prof B Hunnydew

Sorry Guys  But I am not sure I could do much in a raid. or recon or a sneak attack I thought I was staying here with the lab types

PBH

Tapewolf

To be honest, I was undecided whether Dorcan should go on the mission or not.  After all, he's really a tech type rather than a warrior.  On the other hand, and speaking strictly as an observer, the mission is likely to be more interesting than hanging around.

It might be an idea for there to be a public broadcast among the camp to make sure everyone knows what's going on.  If not, I'll get Dorcan to ask Exo or something.

Ryudo Lee

Um, I'm thinking three steps ahead here, and this will eventually come out in the game... what do you guys think would be a good name for a ship?

techmaster-glitch

Oh! I've actually been thinking of one (I want to use it for an RP of my own when I have enough experience) But you can borrow it.

The Arkken Dawn?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on September 13, 2007, 09:43:27 AM
Um, I'm thinking three steps ahead here, and this will eventually come out in the game... what do you guys think would be a good name for a ship?

In the Reign of the Just universe, the colony ships were named after the members of Van Der Graaf Generator.  But sadly that wouldn't work here :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

A ship of war?

Ah... what were those names... Oh, yes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ships_%28The_Culture%29

"No More Mr Nice Guy" or "Trade Surplus" or "Of Course I Still Love You" or So Much For Subtlety" or "Only Slightly Bent" or "I Thought He Was With You" or "Well I Was In The Neighbourhood" or "Hand Me The Gun And Ask Me Again" or "Now Look What You've Made Me Do" or, at last resort, "Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall"

*cough* Or I could be original, along the same lines. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ryudo Lee

Oooh that's a good list.  I wanna hear from everyone if possible though, and I'll put it to a vote.

llearch n'n'daCorna

"I Thought He Was With You"
"Aren't You The Enemy?"
"Why Am I Here?"
"Haven't You All Got Homes To Go To"
"Insufficient Character"
"A Fish On A Bicycle"
"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

... I'll stop now.

Ryudo Lee

And FYI... if I ever get a boat of my own, I'm naming it "God Told Me To Do It".

llearch n'n'daCorna

I note that that's on a warship.

Along with "Unwitting Accomplice", "You Would If You Really Loved Me", "You'll Thank Me Later", and "Ultimate Ship The Second"

Personally, I'd be inclined to name my tank "Ablative Meatshield", if I ever get trusted with one. Which is probably a fair indication of why it shouldn't happen... ;-]

lucas marcone

"S.S. more powerful than spiderman superman and the hulk combined"

techmaster-glitch

Am I the only person who submitted a serious name?

Tapewolf

Boog

"Unfortunate Circumstances"
"Lathe of Heaven"
"The Compensator"
"Faultline"

It would help if we knew what kind of ship it was :P

Azlan

I have no opinion at the moment... all my ship names are in use.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

techmaster-glitch

Alrighty, here's some names...

The Arkken Dawn (My first suggestion)
The Rectifier
The Redeemer
The Judge
The Impaler
The Eraser
The Pillar of Autumn :3
The Scorcher
The Grim Reaper
The Mourning Star

And that's all I can make up out of my head for the moment.
Do any catch your eye, Ryudo?

Ryudo Lee

I'm liking a bunch of these.  I'll append this list and set up a poll once I'm satisifed with the list.

Little Rascal
Youthful Indiscretion
Invincible
Problem Child
Highpoint
Attitude Adjuster
Uninvited Guest
Rectifier
Redeemer
Mourning Star
Revenant

lucas marcone

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 13, 2007, 06:56:35 PM

if you saw the episode of family guy where peter goes fishin for daggermouth you'd find it funny too.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: lucas marcone on September 14, 2007, 10:31:24 AM

if you saw the episode of family guy where peter goes fishin for daggermouth you'd find it funny too.

I never said they weren't funny. I just imagined that if a GM is asking for something, the players should be nice and actually be serious for him.

lucas marcone

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 14, 2007, 08:05:01 PM
Quote from: lucas marcone on September 14, 2007, 10:31:24 AM

I never said they weren't funny. I just imagined that if a GM is asking for something, the players should be nice and actually be serious for him.

some of them actually had good names...maybe not to you but it's all subjective. as for the rest of us where is it written you have to be serious 24/7 in the ooc?

techmaster-glitch

I never said you have to be serious all the time OOC, either. That's two times in a row you've put words into my mouth.

lucas marcone

techmaster-glitch

If you're joking (partially, at least), then use a smiley >:3