12/05/08 [Abel 2 #16] - Must you do this?

Started by Feather Dancer, May 12, 2008, 03:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 16, 2008, 02:09:17 AM
Are cubi expected - or even required - to get some kind of cubi schooling, whether Academy or homeschooling? Are there other schools available? What was it like before Fa'lina started the Academy?

Amber's covered this before.  It'll be tricky to find the post but I'll summarise what I remember:

Before the Academy, 'Cubi were taught by their own clans.  As I understand it, the Academy was actually founded by recruiting the best teachers that Fa'Lina was able to convince to join.
Not all clans use SAIA (it is not mandatory) but those who do have a substantially better survival rate in the outside world, being able to benefit from the accumulated wisdom of many clans rather than just one.

So yes, Aniz could teach them himself but I don't think he'd have the skill or patience from what I can see.  Yes, he spent 25-26 years on Abel, but he was desperate to pawn him off onto Fa'Lina as soon as he could.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AmigaDragon

I entirely forgot reading that in Demonology.

What little we saw if Cid/Aniz up to Abel's "popping" leads me to believe he left the handling of most all of Abel's education to May. So Abel would have no knowledge of anything cubi-related, especially anything regarding their abilities. So teaching his offspring cubi ways would be new to him. :starwars "Luke, I'm your father you're a cubi" (I thought I remembered a smiley of that rather than this fight one).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Raffe

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 16, 2008, 04:25:37 AM
So yes, Aniz could teach them himself but I don't think he'd have the skill or patience from what I can see.  Yes, he spent 25-26 years on Abel, but he was desperate to pawn him off onto Fa'Lina as soon as he could.
One thing I could see him doing is fathering a group of children this time and trying to teach them himself/with outside help/with the group teaching eachother some after minor guidance. And besides, if theres a group, less likely to be taken out by normal adventurers.
Only problom might be the mothers, if he wants them around or not...
Hooray ellipsis!

AmigaDragon

I just realized something...

Quote from: AnizSo...I guess I will see you in three hundred or something.

Quote from: Victoire Épique on May 17, 2008, 11:31:17 PM
Quote from: Deebs' servant on May 17, 2008, 11:09:02 PM
Heh, reminds me of Abel's "AAAUGH! I don't want to be sodomized!!"

Well, that was over 300 years ago...

Unless someone has already done something about Aniz (perhaps Edward, as it has been suggested already in another thread), it seems that we may see something of Aniz or his other offspring in the current time line main story (sometime after the flashback story).

Or perhaps this is just a coincidence.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Victoire Épique

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 18, 2008, 02:54:40 AM
I just realized something...

Quote from: AnizSo...I guess I will see you in three hundred or something.

Quote from: Victoire Épique on May 17, 2008, 11:31:17 PM
Quote from: Deebs' servant on May 17, 2008, 11:09:02 PM
Heh, reminds me of Abel's "AAAUGH! I don't want to be sodomized!!"

Well, that was over 300 years ago...

Unless someone has already done something about Aniz (perhaps Edward, as it has been suggested already in another thread), it seems that we may see something of Aniz or his other offspring in the current time line main story (sometime after the flashback story).

Or perhaps this is just a coincidence.

I thought that at one point, but Abel is almost 400 now, hence why I said over 300 years ago. Aniz should, theoretically, have been able to return 99 years ago. So I'm not sure.
-shrugs-
He could show up, or perhaps offspring of his, or perhaps there'll be another twist in Abel's story. Heaven forbid that something that we were expecting happens.