12/05/08 [Abel 2 #16] - Must you do this?

Started by Feather Dancer, May 12, 2008, 03:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Royden

Hm... Honestly this made me remember as to I am curious what his lans are. We have the theories that he's making his own clan, but I don't know... 75 years wouldn't affect someone that long lived in that area I don't think, and apparently whatever he's trying is a repeat of what has been tried before.

QuoteOnly three? Call me impressed. The last one who tried this had three on the way when I shut him down.
-Fa'lina mocking Aniz when he asked her what seventy five years will do to his plans. Ables Story Part II Page 14

As this could be founding of a new clan... with that page and her asking if he has to do this... makes me wonder if he's trying something bigger.

...Or I could be batting one heck of a foul ball in my random thoughts...

Rithm Alfortele

Aniz's face in the second panel is awesome; hasn't anyone else noticed?

It's kinda like a deer in the headlights; except with less spaziness.

His vocal mistake just cost him another two-hundred years.  He just realized he's screwed and there's no way to possible fix this mistake.

The next panel... is depressive acceptance.

Amber, how do you manage to make all of your characters so deep? :B

!KCA

Quote from: Zachski on May 13, 2008, 12:53:52 AMAmber, how do you manage to make all of your characters so deep? :B

She hands them a pick and shovel and tells them to start digging.

Honestly, though, we have no idea what's going on. If Amber twists the plot any more, people's heads are going to start popping off.

Keep an umbrella handy.

AmigaDragon

I seriously doubt Edward is Aniz. As was suggested before, I think Dee would be able to tell a being from a cubi.

Another idea though, can cubi have non-cubi offspring? Could Edward be Aniz's son? That would make Uncle Abel Dan's current tutor.
If cubi can have non-cubi offspring, will the next generation with beings always be beings (Alexsi) or can some cubi genes sometimes slip through?

(was that enough over-analysis?)
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Valynth

Quote from: !KCA on May 13, 2008, 02:05:05 AM
Quote from: Zachski on May 13, 2008, 12:53:52 AMAmber, how do you manage to make all of your characters so deep? :B
Honestly, though, we have no idea what's going on. If Amber twists the plot any more, people's heads are going to start popping off.

Keep an umbrella handy.

*wears a poncho*
Much better than an umbrella.

Anyway, I think this is a rare sign of exhaustion on Fa'lina's part.  It sounds a bit like she's tired of Aniz's antics, not necessarily because it's Aniz, but because she's seen the same type of moves and can see disaster on the horizon for Aniz, but feels that he'll still run straight into it regardless of what she does.  In short, the question seems like a last hail-mary attempt to get Aniz to change, perhaps because Fa'lina still feels the need to try and protect 'Cubi despite their obvious stupidity.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Victoire Épique

Amber's ability in drawing facial expressions that show emotion has really skyrocketed lately, in my opinion.

According to his character sheet, Abel's almost 400 now. So that would mean Aniz should have been able to return to SAIA almost a century ago.
It's also mentioned that he's part of a widespread and almost extinct clan.
Based on what I've seen so far in Abel's story...
Abel and Aniz are evidently from the same clan, as they have the same marking.
I think either Aniz was trying to either form his own clan or rebuild it.
Personally, I believe he's trying to rebuild it, considering how he mentioned that Abel 'looks just like them'.
I could very easily be wrong. With the amount of twists going on...
I can see why Abel was upset when he won that wallpaper war. xP

...I also think Fa'lina needs some of May's cookies. :3

Fex

If Aniz is in danger he should call Chuck Noris becouse no one is stronger then him

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 13, 2008, 02:23:09 AM
I seriously doubt Edward is Aniz. As was suggested before, I think Dee would be able to tell a being from a cubi.
I don't doubt.  But it might take a few minutes.

Quote from: Ink on May 13, 2008, 12:02:25 AM
Take note of the timeline. When will Aniz get back to SAIA?
It's about -375 at the moment.  If Aniz starts in 250 years and the child is ready to attend in 25 years it will be a century prior to present-day, by my reckoning or 75 years prior, if Aniz leaves a round 300 years.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Brunhidden

Quote from: Fex on May 13, 2008, 03:58:10 AM
If Aniz is in danger he should call Chuck Noris becouse no one is stronger then him

well there is the 'ultimate showdown' option, which handles chuck quite efficently
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Fex on May 13, 2008, 03:58:10 AM

*ker-Morbo* CHUCK NORRIS DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!!!! D:< */ker-Morbo*

Quote from: Brunhidden on May 13, 2008, 09:44:28 AM
well there is the 'ultimate showdown' option, which handles chuck quite efficently

Or one could summon Sean Connery. He seemed to be quite capable of beating Chuck Norris in "Oblivion".

Caswin

Quote from: Aurawyn on May 12, 2008, 09:46:47 PM
Fa'lina's Expression made my heart hurt  :cry
For a moment, I thought you said "head", and was quoting this to agree with you.

She does look sad and beautiful.  Which does not compute.  Even though I'm already starting to like her in spite of myself, and all the more with the beginning of this page.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Psaakyrn

Quote from: PurpleCheeseLlama on May 12, 2008, 05:11:05 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on May 12, 2008, 04:13:52 PM
Quote from: PurpleCheeseLlama on May 12, 2008, 04:03:56 PM
Fa'lina looks so beautiful and sad in that last panel ;-;
Indeed.  Very much so.

This does give me hope that Aniz - who does actually seem to be capable of learning - will have got his act together in the intervening three centuries.

*lightbulb* Wait, after 3 centuries, Abel will be 325(ish)...he's near 400 now, so does he have a half-sibling somewhere in the Academy?

I bet this has already been answered XD

I'm still half expecting Pyroduck to be said sibling...
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Naldru

If Pyroduck is Abel's half-brother, that would mean that Aniz had some really hot dates.  (Assuming that dragons in DMFA can breath fire.)  In such a relationship, Aniz would certainly have trouble throwing his weight around.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 12, 2008, 04:13:52 PM
This does give me hope that Aniz - who does actually seem to be capable of learning - will have got his act together in the intervening three centuries.
Assuming, of course, his foot-in-mouth disease doesn't flare up again, causing someone to get his attention with a half-brick bounced off his pointy little head and drop him into the nearest volcano (with or without fifty million orange pillows)...

And now I think I'll spend the next few months working out the connection between the statements "must you do this?" and "he looks just like them" — assuming Aniz is trying to rebuild his clan, is there something in the past to explain why that clan was driven to near-extinction? A reason Fa'lina can't disagree with? Although she knows Aniz will keep trying regardless? <assumes Thinker pose>
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Tapewolf

Quote from: SpottedKitty on May 13, 2008, 02:39:11 PM
And now I think I'll spend the next few months working out the connection between the statements "must you do this?" and "he looks just like them" — assuming Aniz is trying to rebuild his clan, is there something in the past to explain why that clan was driven to near-extinction? A reason Fa'lina can't disagree with? Although she knows Aniz will keep trying regardless?

One possibility is that she is simply referring to him driving his own son insane, though I rather doubt it now.  It does look more like that was simply incompetence than malice.
I would tend to agree with your analysis that he's trying to rebuild his clan and that he will somehow be disappointed by the results.

KarlOmega1

Personally, when Fa'lina said "Must you do this?"....I think she was pointing out how much trouble Aniz keeps getting in. Also, I think she possibly cares for him...of course that's just my speculation...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Stig Hemmer

Quote from: Valynth on May 13, 2008, 03:37:17 AMAnyway, I think this is a rare sign of exhaustion on Fa'lina's part.  It sounds a bit like she's tired of Aniz's antics, not necessarily because it's Aniz, but because she's seen the same type of moves and can see disaster on the horizon for Aniz, but feels that he'll still run straight into it regardless of what she does.
Indeed. Fa'lina is old.  She has seen dozens, if not hundreds of Anizes, almost as many Abels and whatever she does, they never, ever learn.  Anybody can get tired by that.

As for Abels possible half-sibling, I think Destania seems like a more logical choice than Edward.  I was about to add "or Aaryanna", but then I looked at her cast page. She is older than Abel. Destania, on the other hand... has no cast page.  Makes you wonder why, doesn't it?
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Psaakyrn

Except that a) Destinia is already of a seperate clan, b) Abel should know if that's the case, and there's no hint of such, c) Destinina should know if that's the case, and there's no hint of such, d) cast pages are subject to change anyway (see example: Pyroduck's cast page update of family relations to include Fa'lina, and e) there is -- **gets kidnapped  and mind-wiped**

Naldru

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on May 13, 2008, 08:12:24 PM
As for Abels possible half-sibling, I think Destania seems like a more logical choice than Edward.  I was about to add "or Aaryanna", but then I looked at her cast page. She is older than Abel. Destania, on the other hand... has no cast page.  Makes you wonder why, doesn't it?
Since Destania was Aaryanna's teacher, that would suggest that Destania is older than Aaryanna.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Naldru on May 13, 2008, 10:12:47 PM
Quote from: Stig Hemmer on May 13, 2008, 08:12:24 PM
Since Destania was Aaryanna's teacher, that would suggest that Destania is older than Aaryanna.
Also that Destania has been confirmed to be at least seven-thousand years old. Can't remember where Amber said it, but she did. Ask Tapewolf or llearch, they will probably be able to find something on it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 13, 2008, 10:19:27 PM
Also that Destania has been confirmed to be at least seven-thousand years old. Can't remember where Amber said it, but she did. Ask Tapewolf or llearch, they will probably be able to find something on it.

It took a while:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,1676.msg67227.html#msg67227

llearch n'n'daCorna

I would have thought it'd be linked as a citation in the wiki?

http://dmfa.wikia.com/wiki/Destania_Ti%27Fiona

(although I note you just added it)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 14, 2008, 08:20:32 AM
I would have thought it'd be linked as a citation in the wiki?

It should have been, although it's likely that I or whoever added the info originally didn't know best how to handle citations inside the character profile.  In this case I turned the age into a hyperlink.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

with an age like that i somehow think that dest and fa would have a loooooong history with each other we may want to hear sometime

this also implies dest frequently used chowing down on souls to extend her life, and suggests that dan may someday meet his great great great great great great great grand niece/nephew cause thats a long time to only pop out one kid
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Brunhidden on May 14, 2008, 09:37:46 AM
with an age like that i somehow think that dest and fa would have a loooooong history with each other we may want to hear sometime

We have an unconfirmed report that the Academy was formed 7000 years ago, which would make Dee one of the first students.

Quotethis also implies dest frequently used chowing down on souls to extend her life, and suggests that dan may someday meet his great great great great great great great grand niece/nephew cause thats a long time to only pop out one kid
If you're talking about Dee, I suspect that the prohibition against children extends to the staff as well.

As for chowing on souls, see also: http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,3297.msg142336.html#msg142336

...I think we can safely assume that she 'cleans up' after lessons  :disbelief

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 14, 2008, 09:49:04 AM
Quote from: Brunhidden on May 14, 2008, 09:37:46 AM

We have an unconfirmed report that the Academy was formed 7000 years ago, which would make Dee one of the first students.

Quotethis also implies dest frequently used chowing down on souls to extend her life, and suggests that dan may someday meet his great great great great great great great grand niece/nephew cause thats a long time to only pop out one kid
If you're talking about Dee, I suspect that the prohibition against children extends to the staff as well.

As for chowing on souls, see also: http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,3297.msg142336.html#msg142336

...I think we can safely assume that she 'cleans up' after lessons  :disbelief

Or possibly first teachers... Nope, I'm wrong, first students it is.

AmigaDragon

First students can be first additional teachers (unless Fa'lina already had other cubi as teachers when she opened the academy)
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

AmigaDragon

I didn't notice anyone responding to my earlier question whether Aniz would tutor any further existing offspring in the next 76 - now 276 - years or if there's other options available until Fa'lina lets him enroll more. Are cubi expected - or even required - to get some kind of cubi schooling, whether Academy or homeschooling? Are there other schools available? What was it like before Fa'lina started the Academy?

Psaakyrn

I corrected myself because of http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_489.php which strongly implied that Destinia was enrolled as a student first.

http://missmab.com/Demo/cubi.php and http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_508.php provides some information on SAIA and cubi education.