[Art] Cheerleader Ziggy

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 10, 2008, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 17, 2008, 10:35:07 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on December 17, 2008, 10:28:49 AM
Well, he is a schmott guy. :B
In a nize hat.
However, Hy hef to admit dat dere are hats nizer ten dat.

Quote from: Jairus on December 17, 2008, 10:40:34 AM
*the song*
Ocelot: "This song, is the best song ever."

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on December 17, 2008, 10:41:33 AM

Mandatory translation:  However, I have to admit that there are hats nicer than that.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 17, 2008, 10:43:40 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on December 17, 2008, 10:41:33 AM

Mandatory translation:  However, I have to admit that there are hats nicer than that.
Oh, right. I should have translated from Jäger. :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on December 17, 2008, 10:49:16 AM
I think the general rule is that if the mods have to scratch their heads to figure out what it means it's not good  :P

Lysander

TytajLucheek

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 17, 2008, 10:50:50 AM
I think the general rule is that if the mods have to scratch their heads to figure out what it means it's not good  :P

... You had to scratch?

I've been reading GG too much. I read it straight, now... :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 17, 2008, 06:39:39 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on December 17, 2008, 10:50:50 AM

... You had to scratch?

I've been reading GG too much. I read it straight, now... :-/
Well, dat just proves dat hyu iz vun schmott guy!

*That just proves that you are one smart guy.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

King Of Hearts

Absolutely fah-bulous dah-ling... you must introduce me to your tailor.

what memem will be next on your menu?

Ren Gaulen

I have made a sketch of a male version of Keaton recently, and Tapewolf decided to ink and coloured it. Here are the result of our work. :]

Notaek (sketch). As you can see, he is wearing an outfit almost identical to Keaton's.

Notaek (finished). Tape did a grate work on inking and colouring the sketch. Thanks, Tape! :]

Here is a DeviantArt link for those who don't want FA to show up in their logs. It also leads to the coloured version.

Both links are perfectly safe for work.

Ren Gaulen

I cast "Revive" on this thread! *magical sparkles*

Wow, I haven't posted here for a month. I'm going to rectify this.

Burning Mouse was a fine powered armour, but it was to big and clumsy, so Jay decided to create a radically different powered suit, based on the Federation's Nova Armour. It both grants him excellent protection and greatly enhances his strength and mobility. This armour also has advanced sensors and implements the nanobit system that can be used to project a cloaking or defensive field over the user's body. The armour has Strike Blaster devices mounted on the wrists (they move over knuckles when activated), elbows, knees and feet as a built-in weapon. They can create powerful blasts of kinetic energy that can greatly damage the target upon impact. Other weapons include a magnetic anchor connected to a nanothread, a pair of plasma daggers and pulse pistols and a variable particle beam rifle that can fire in several different modes - from a concentrated high precision beam to a wide saturation blast that can take out several targets at once. Also the armour has powerful repulsors built into palms and soles - the former can be used for creating a concentrated force shield or to pushing objects from considerable distance, the latter - for "skating" across any terrain with great speed. With right settings they even allow one to "skate" over water. And the armour also seems to have a so-called "Morph Ball" mode, but its functions are shrouded in mystery (it's actually a joke :>).

WhiteFox

This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Tapewolf

How much protection would one of these provide against, say, a neutron flux?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 25, 2009, 07:55:20 AM
How much protection would one of these provide against, say, a neutron flux?
This armour is supposed to protect the wearer from energy weapons and high levels of radiation. It has a layer that soaks and neutralizes radiation, and it can generate an energy field that would further increase the protection. When said field is turned on to maximum power the wearer of this suit has a very high chance of avoiding getting a lethal dose of radiation even from an enhanced radiation weapon like a neutron bomb. You may also notice that the armour has a rather massive helmet. It carries a system that protects the wearer from such exotic stuff as a psychic decimation weapon.

rt

Eeeh, I've been around this forum too long. My first thought at the morph ball was 'just what we need *armoured* mows' (yes I see the tail isn't a mow)

Looking through your art quick it looks like you've got a good handle on pencil art, and digi-art. (And dry enough hands so that your pencil art can be detailed and not smudged to bits!) So good job(s) all around.

techmaster-glitch

Hmmm....Armored Mows...

Holy dang, that's an awesome thought >:3

Lisky

... graft some titanium to the teeth, add a little light-weight ceramic or metal plating along with some high-impact resistant goggles, and you'd have the most terrifying thing known to... well everyone and everything who encounters the little buggers...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Ren Gaulen

Not so long ago I was watching Tekkaman Blade, and I wanted to draw something related to it. However, the result of my work was in fact related to the "Shades of Grey".

Wraths were products of a secret program to create an ideal warrior. While they barely resemble humans, they are actually somewhat related to Terran Furies. Wraths are incredibly strong and fast, they have quick regeneration and nearly unlimited stamina. Despite their fierce appearance, they are quite obedient. However, once given an order to attack they become a hurricane of destruction, tearing through every enemy in their path. Still, they are quite intelligent and can tell enemies from allies. They are capable of using standard infantry weapons, as the claws on their fingers can "collapse", getting smaller. However, more often than not they would use melee weapons like high-frequency blades instead, and their immense physical strength allow them to fight without any weapons at all. They have some built-in ranged weapons as well. Their shoulders house a pair of miniature proton beam cannons, their forearms and forelegs have photon blasters hidden under retractable "scales", and their chest houses a gravity compressor weapon also known as the "Mega Smasher" (*cough*Guyver*cough*). Another power of the Wraths is their great resistance both to magical and psychic attacks, which makes them ideal Altling, psycher and mage hunters.

Jairus

Another awesome-looking creation, Ren. So, what sin against nature are you going to create for the SoGverse next? ;)
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on January 25, 2009, 09:44:49 PM
Another awesome-looking creation, Ren. So, what sin against nature are you going to create for the SoGverse next? ;)
What next? Well, how about Apotheosized Big Hyper Shin Gurren-DaiGranzonGar-Lagann Kaiser Nova-O Saint Michelle? >:3

Unit Type: Seraphis Anti-Fleet Humanoid Combat Machine

Accommodation: pilot in the cockpit inside the chest; the cockpit has one passenger seat as well

Dimensions: head height 32 metres, shoulder width 10 metres

Weight: 54.6 metric tons with standard payload

Material: Pure adamantium skeleton; nanofibre bionic muscles; "Adamanteel" nanoalloy armour

Powerplant: Triple "Seraphim Core" reactor; "Infinity Circuit" support battery and power distribution system

Propulsion: Photon Thruster x22 (8 on wings, 6 on the torso, 4 on the shoulders, 6 on the legs); Gravity Thruster x6 (2 in the wings, 2 on the hips, 2 on the legs); Electromagnetic Skates x2 (in feet)

Performance: normal thruster acceleration 1.5 G; maximum thruster acceleration 9 G

Equipment and Design Features: AI; psionic control system; electromagnetic motion sensors, range 20 km; theta-wave sensors, range 10 km; hyper pulse mass detector, range approximately 1000000 km (range is greatly reduced when close to planets and other large objects); Static Hyperspace Containment unit; Zero Field generator (eliminates friction and inertia, allowing the mech to perform insane, physics-defying manoeuvres); Phantom sensor and thermo-optic camouflage system; Banshee sensor suppressor and radar jammer system; retractable cloak made of nanofibre (purely decorative; billows dramatically even in the space vacuum if needed); hyper pulse communication system; short-range pulse communication system; external sound amplifier (can be used as a makeshift acoustic weapon)

Fixed Armaments: Impact Blaster x8 (2 in the knuckles, 2 in the elbows, 2 in the knees, 2 in the feet); Harpoon x4 (2 on the wrists, 2 on the ankles); Render Claw x10 (on the fingers); High Frequency Nanosword x4 (in the forearms, extend from the knuckles and elbows); Hyper-Velocity Particle Weapon x2 (in the forearms, fire from the palms); Gravity Smasher x1 (in the chest, the hands are used to generate gravity pressure blasts); Mega Proton Weapon x2 (in the shoulders); Photon Beam Weapon x2 (in the eyes); Variable Generating Micro Multi-Missile Launcher x20 (4 in the shoulders, 6 in the front of the torso, 6 in the back, 4 in the hips); Psychic Decimator x1 (in the head); Angel Wing x2 (on the back, each can generate up to 25 separate feathers); Total Annihilation Weapon x1 (in the chest, but its emitter is inside the head); "Etenkiel" Longsword x1 (stored in the Static Hyperspace Container)

Optional Fixed Armaments: Variable Multi-Missile Launcher x6 (2 on the shoulders, 2 on the waist, 2 on the thighs); Heavy Missile Pylons x4 (2 on the shoulders, 2 0n the hips) Force Short Sword x2 (on the hips); Radiant Claw x2 (mounted over the hands); Drill Gauntlet x2 (mounted over the hands); Knee Drill x2 (mounted on the knees); Homing Shuriken x8 (mounted on the waist, can combine); Remote Combat Drone x4 (attached to the wings, armed with Light Particle Accelerator Cannons and 2 Light Pulse lasers each); Steel Petals x many (stored in 2 containers on the hips, generate a plasma barrier)

Handheld Armaments (all optional): 255mm Super-Heavy Autocannon x1 (two-handed); 155mm triple-barreled Rapid Fire Cannon x1 (two-handed); 120mm Heavy Railgun x1 (two-handed); Heavy Particle Accelerator Cannon x2 (two-handed); Warship-Class Pulse Laser x1 (two-handed); Heavy Plasma Cannon x1 (two-handed); Wide Saturation Heavy Microwave Cannon x1 (two-handed); Rapid Fire Ion Cannon x1 (two-handed) 120mm Heavy Autocannon x2 (one-handed); 140mm Smoothbore Case-shot Autoannon x2 (one-handed); 80mm Short-Range Medium Autocannon x2 (one-handed); 50mm Rapid Fire Railgun x2 (one-handed); Force Shield x1 (mounted on the forearmarm); Force Jousting Lance x1; Force Great Axe x1; Force Tomahawk x2; lots and lots of other bizarre weapons.

Saint Michelle is Riona Rylendts's personal mech. However, its psionic control system allow others to pilot it, as long as Rio gives such permission. St Michelle can function without a pilot at all, and Rio can give it commands remotely. St Michelle is one of the most powerful battle machines in the entire SoG'verse.

Ren Gaulen

Apparently, everyone has missed my previous post. And I've already got something new - a picture of Rio in St Michelle's cockpit.

Rio does not have to concentrate on piloting her mech much when she is not in combat, so she can afford relaxing while in the cockpit. The fact she controls the mech with her mind kinda helps, too. :3

I got bored with the background, and then forgot to finish it. :<

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on January 27, 2009, 02:42:40 PM
Rio does not have to concentrate on piloting her mech much when she is not in combat, so she can afford relaxing while in the cockpit. The fact she controls the mech with her mind kinda helps, too. :3

I was going to ask if Rio was a he or a she - the description was a little unclear on that point.

One question, though - why is she apparently wearing armour when she's safe and sound inside that thing?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 27, 2009, 03:05:51 PM
I was going to ask if Rio was a he or a she - the description was a little unclear on that point.
Rio is a she, but many people mistake her for a guy.

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 27, 2009, 03:05:51 PM
One question, though - why is she apparently wearing armour when she's safe and sound inside that thing?
Well, Rio often fights on foot, and may hop in her mech when things get really hot. She can't be bothered to remove her armour in such situations. Besides, her armour consists of armoured gauntlets (them she did take off) and armoured boots; well, her vest and pants are made of something like kevlar, but that does not count.

techmaster-glitch

oooo, new avatar :.

...Okay, nevermind. That angelic mech is interesting, and I like the control room. Mainly because it has a hexagon grid :3

Ren Gaulen

I guess I might as well post another sketch. :]

A new character I created a few days ago, Linda is inspired by Lamia Loveless from "Super Robot Wars: Original Generations". I won't go into details about her backstory, and will just say that she is a mech pilot. Expect to see more of her soon.

Kipiru

This may sound strange, but I really like her boots (no I didn't misspell). Awesome pic- she is a hottie!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on January 27, 2009, 09:58:26 PM
A new character I created a few days ago, Linda is inspired by Lamia Loveless from "Super Robot Wars: Original Generations". I won't go into details about her backstory, and will just say that she is a mech pilot. Expect to see more of her soon.
Sweet.    She does look pretty awesome.
Critique-wise, she seems to have a wolf muzzle and a fox tail.  Is that intentional?  IIRC the fox muzzle is shorter and more pointed and triangular, so that might be a problem if she's supposed to be purebred.

Quote from: Kipiru on January 28, 2009, 04:06:06 AM
This may sound strange, but I really like her boots (no I didn't misspell). Awesome pic- she is a hottie!
I still say that Ren should become a fashion guru  :3

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 28, 2009, 04:23:17 AM
Sweet.    She does look pretty awesome.
Critique-wise, she seems to have a wolf muzzle and a fox tail.  Is that intentional?  IIRC the fox muzzle is shorter and more pointed and triangular, so that might be a problem if she's supposed to be purebred.
Thanks. About her muzzle, at first I wanted to make her a fox, but made a mistake and instead of trying to fix it decided to make her a fox/wolf mixture. In the hindsight, maybe I just should have made her a wolf. Even now it's not too difficult to change her.

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 28, 2009, 04:23:17 AM
Quote from: Kipiru on January 28, 2009, 04:06:06 AM
I still say that Ren should become a fashion guru  :3
To be honest, those boots were based on SRW Lamia's boots (and her dress as well), so I can't take the credit for them. :animesweat

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on January 28, 2009, 07:43:14 AM
Thanks. About her muzzle, at first I wanted to make her a fox, but made a mistake and instead of trying to fix it decided to make her a fox/wolf mixture. In the hindsight, maybe I just should have made her a wolf. Even now it's not too difficult to change her.

Looking at it in detail, the outlines are considerably clearer and cleaner than most of the previous sketches I've seen from you.  Is she partly inked or something (the head and hair, for example)?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 28, 2009, 07:46:45 AM
Looking at it in detail, the outlines are considerably clearer and cleaner than most of the previous sketches I've seen from you.  Is she partly inked or something (the head and hair, for example)?
I "inked" her with a mechanical pencil, then cleaned up the sketch digitally.