Sweeping Darkness (IC) - Open

Started by Darkmoon, February 02, 2008, 11:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

DFX, once again, looked at the fey-fleshling as she talked over him. He was surprised by her sheer audacity, doing nothing but repeating what he said as he said it. How unnecessary! Especially when she gave him an order to secure the perimeter, which was already his next most immediate priority. Not only could she withhold vital information, she could also spout utterly useless things as well. DFX wondered if such erratic, wasteful behavior was characteristic of fey-type fleshlings.  Either way, even though he was still getting used to the way fleshling leadership works, as opposed to the kind back at his father's enclave where his father expertly directed all operations, DFX decided that he preferred Tarson much more over this Aire. He, at least, could hold something together and keep things moving through sheer force. Certainly not how DFX would do things, but effective nonetheless. This Aire, thus far, seemed to be incapable of accomplishing anything properly. She actually offended his deep sense of efficiency and order, which was extremely difficult to do, considering that he was relatively emotionless.
   Wordlessly, he and Tank turned and left, heading for the outskirts of the tiny village, to do some real planning and perform a meaningful, useful task.

e_voyager

"Tarson and Aire. we should head back to the came." Enigma smiled "After all Aire if you found tow of the spots we need to investigate then we'd best rest ourselves and prepare our selves for the unexpected. "
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Lushin

Tarson looked over at Engima and growled a bit.
"If your tired then go find a spot to sleep"
He then turned back to Aire.
"You said there was two so I think we should split up into two groups and see what we can find"
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

e_voyager

"Tarson you're smarter then this" Enigma said. "you've shown it time and time again so surely you know that to go on with no rest and lest preparation is a fools errand." he looked at the stone armed partly stone faced leader of the group. "are you really so desperate to escape" he asked with sudden inspiration.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Lushin

Tarson glared at Enigma.
"I'll sleep when I can. If you remember why this whole thing was started was to save a village and if you look at the refugee village back there full of people who I am sure would love to get out of here. I would like to get out of here as soon as possible to save the villageers who put some form of faith in us"
He looks to Aire.
"You and me need to have a talk with Garon see if he might have any idea where these things are you located"
/happiness.exe

e_voyager

Enigma opened his mother then closed it. he had not meant escaping form this magical bottle he'd meant something else and he was fairly certain that Tarson knew whats he meant even if he wasn't sure himself. 'Very well. if that's your wish let me give you a charm that you can use to enhance your powers for a bit while i return to the village and scramble  a few others of the team."  "i'd go with you myself right now except i'm of the mind that we need a balance of power and Wit about us and with only three i find our power sorely lacking" that said Enigma reached into his cloak and seared for a load stone. it was really just a magnetic piece of rock that had been struck by lightnings many times but it seems to adobes much of the lightening and hopefully it could be used by Tarson in a more inventive way the  enigma  used it which was as a compass.

Lushin

Tarson shook his head and sighed.
" I don't entend to do anything beyond the planning stage until the others are fully rested and ready to go"
Tarson walked back to the camp to see if Garon was still awake or if he had gone to sleep.
/happiness.exe

Azlan

Aire fell in behind Tarson, "I... am not sure if I know where they are, this land is foreign to me.  I will need more time to concentrate on the magics to determine the distance and location.  There is a distinct possibility that this land is too different then our own and I may not be able to give much assistance in this matter. "
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Lushin

Tarson turned around and looked at Aire while walking backwords.
"Looks like we got nothing but time. We'll see what we can pull off when everyone is awake"
Tarson then turned around and headed to the camp. Then thought out loud.
"I wonder if this is where that farmer's daughter ended up"
Once in the village he looks for Garon to see if he's awake.
/happiness.exe

e_voyager

Grateful for the return back to camp Enigma followed at a bit of a distance. where they arrived he  checked around and found a decent niche of land near a half rotted tree to rest in. soon he was sleeping the light sleep of one used to life alone on the road.

Azlan

"I do not require sleep, but... I feel rather dizzy... now... from having torn my psyche into a thousand pieces and scattered it across time and space... all at once."

Aire stopped for a moment to allow the rush of magical fatigue to run its course.

techmaster-glitch

DFX and Tank surveyed the perimeter of the small shantytown, and DFX quickly calculated the most efficient patrol pattern around the place, but there was one small problem. To DFX, at least. He set Tank on the patrol anyway, then walked around until he found Tarson, who was speaking to Aire. Addressing Tarson, DFX said;
   "I have plotted the most effective path of patrol for the security alert of this settlement. However, there is a setback that requires addressing. The perimeter is simply too outsized to be secured adequately with a mere two units. The patrol breaches are absolutely unacceptable. We require either additional units for patrol, or we must agree on economizing the area to be patrolled by eliminating superfluous structures and nonessential ground from the patrol route in order to allow it to be managed by two units."

Lushin

Tarson looked at DFX and shook his head.
"I honestly don't think the village is really in need of patroling. They've managed to get by so far. Also I'm sure they have some sort of patrol as well. It would be best, if you wish to, is guard our group. There seems to be a few flesh eaters here that may see the group as a breakfast snack. I'm gonna go over my plan with the others when they wake. First I need to speak with Garon to see if he could lend a hand"
/happiness.exe

techmaster-glitch

DFX acknowledged Tarson's assessment and suggestion, and walked off back to Tank to inform him of the change in plans. Tank was a bit miffed, but dutifully sidled off towards Aeo, him being the only one of the party not near the others, and in fact talking to the giant, potentially one of the things to guard against. Tank just slogged up behind Aeo, then held his statue-like state.

DFX, on the other hand, had a slightly more personal to do list. Having already pretty much shrugged off the subtle event between him and Aire just before, he walked back over to her.
   "I have a request to make, faerie-fleshling." He said. "Seeing as our group will, in all probability, be idle for the immediate future, I wish to examine your 'dragon carbine', as you have referred to it. It is a magic item, and I am eager to study any and all magic items possible that I come into contact with. You might entitle it a 'hobby', though I prefer to term it as a spare-time recreational pursuit of my own affinity. I assure you that I will handle it with the greatest of care."

Azlan

Aire was noticeably irritated from her magical fatigue, but still she straightened herself out and stared directly into what passed as eyes on DFX, "I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request, and I am displeased forthwith at being referred to as 'fleshling'.  Whether it is what I am or not is not relevant in comparison to the perceived debasement of our status as intelligent creatures.  If you cannot address us with our given monikers, then cease vocal communication within my presence for a period infinitum."

The elfling stalked off in a huff, returning to where her horse and equipment could be found.

techmaster-glitch

DFX was, yet again, at a loss. He was beginning to have serious doubts of whether or not finding someone like his father was worth the cost of such erratic behavior. He was totally unprepared for it. It made no sense to his construct mind.
   Turning to Tarson, he said, "If she is truly so adamant on being referred to as 'Aireluin Silithiel', why does she not simply say so? Why did she proceed to wander on such a wild tangent? She completely ignored my simple request, and instead fixated entirely on something as petty and insignificant as a designation."
   He looked in her direction. "What completely confounds me though," He continued, "Is that at the conclusion of our encounter with the goblin band, she was very amiable, enough so that she expressed concern if I was physically damaged. No fleshling, my father excluded, has ever inquired about my physical state as such. I appreciate that greatly. But then she became erratic just after our arrival here. I have already referred to her as a fleshling in the past, and she has not taken exception. Indeed, she even referred to me as a construct, which I do not object to at all. For her to take expection now, obvious contradiction to previous attitude notwithstanding, is perfectly hypocritical. This is only one example of her recent behavior in addition to several others."
   DFX returned his gaze to Tarson. "I am still woefully underprepared and underequipped for correct decryption of fleshling behaviors. Do you have any hypotheses as to why she has become this way, and any possible remedies?"

Lushin

Tarson looked at DFX and shrugged.
"I think her little magic trick drained most of her energy. Alot of people when low on energy like she is get real irritated with things. Sometimes the simpleits things will with anger them. I think once she get some rest or whatever it is she does, she'll be back to the way she was before. Just don't expect her to apologize, I don't think she'll give one"
/happiness.exe

Darkmoon

OoC: I haven't been in here for a while, which is my fault, but I'm here now, so let's get this show going. I'm going to do a brief bit with the major points, and then let's see who comes back and follows the threads. Fair enough?

InC: While the party discussed their plans, the town settled back into sleep. Those looking to talk further with the townspeople would need to do so in the morning, although, for some of you, the idea of sleeping doesn't sound all that bad.

There are two points of magic that can be detected by the magically-inclined in the group. They are about 17 KM away, and, if you focus hard enough, you can detect them directionally, putting them equidistant from the town. Those looking to go to one (or both) are reminded that there are, allegedly, terrifying creatures in the landscape, and to take all necessary precaution.

That said, the air is crisp and cool, and there does seem to be a hint of adventure on the air.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Lushin

Tarson growled abit as he looked around the camp. He looked around as a slight wind breezed past. He walks over to a large tree and settles down in the roots of the tree. He looks around at the group while as he leaned up against the tree getting ready to sleep.
"Trust in a bunch of beings that can't really get along to save the world"
Tarson closed his eyes to get some sleep.
/happiness.exe

Azlan

Aire settled down in the field and began her meditation to still her mind.  The act of seeking had drained her mana reserves substantially, weakening her discipline over her wyld side.  She would be fine by morning, baring any night time disturbances.

e_voyager

Enigma's rest was fitful at best. to say that his dreams were haunted would have been like saying that water was wet.  the normal groups was less then happy customers were different this time. there was a shadow behind them some thing stirring them up into a frenzy. around him the walls of the town became a labyrinth and his meager magic skills would not hide him forever. This truly was a puzzle worth solving and somehow he felt that this quest would lead him to his answers.

techmaster-glitch

DFX and Tank, in accordance with Tarson's earlier suggestion, merely stood like statues as an infailiable watch over the sleeping members of their own misfit band.

Darkmoon

The new morning starts with the sound of the village coming to life. The citizenry head off on their various morning tasks: tending the small fields, short hunting trips, supply gathering. Those with specialize skills (such as the blacksmith) open their stalls. Everything in the town works on a barter system (a system of favors really), since currency is meaningless on such a small scale.

Garon seems to be in charge of the town, since he's the largest being in the collective, and the most capable of withstanding any problems (from without or within). Those looking to further gather the information are probably going to want to start with him before moving on.

Lushin

Tarson slowly woke to the sounds of the the town waking up. He slowly climbed to his feet and looks for Garon (can't imagine he would be hard to find).
"Hey Garon there any ruins around here?"
/happiness.exe

Darkmoon

"Ruins?" Garon thought about it for a few moments. "Well, this world did, at one point, presumably host a large civilization. I do recall, back when I first arrived, walking past a few abandoned towns. Of course, those towns were long abandoned. If I had to make a guess, centuries old. Having seen a few towns come and go in my long life, that would probably be a fair guess."

Garon looked out across the fields. "I don't know what you're looking to find, and I certainly wouldn't want to attempt a long walk again across the countryside. The beasts have grown only more deadly as of late."

e_voyager

Enigma stood in the shadows of a dwelling listening not that it was easy to do otherwise with the giants booming voice. he has been work since a little before dawn and was checking his gear. he wasn't sure if the construct brothers had seen him walk past but then he was not considered a threat to the party being a member of it.

Azlan

Aire returned from her meditation fully rejuvenated and in better spirits then last night.  A small dose of magic cleansed the trail dust from her body and hair, another refreshed her armor.

Her daily hygiene taken care of, she carefully began putting on her armor, belting on weapons and seeing to her horse.  After such routines she made her way to the town and spied Tarson speaking with that Garon fellow.  Aire came to stand a bit behind and to the side of Tarson and tried to catch some of their conversation.

Lushin

Tarson caught a bit of movement and a glimmer of light off of armor. He spun around to see Aire.
"Oh hey Aire. I was just talking with Garon. Asking him if there are any know ruins in the area. He said he's seen s few abandoned towns. Do you remember a general direction of the two magic things you sensed?"
/happiness.exe

Azlan

"Good morning to you Tarson."  Aire looked about for a few moments, turning around twice, before she responded to his inquiry, "indeed I can find the magical concentrations.  However, I do not recommend undertaking an expedition without everyone along.  If one as capable as Garon speaks of dangers, we should listen and respect his experience."

e_voyager

Enigma smiled.  wise and wary if not eager to escape this prison. still his chance of survival would be increased by having more capable warriors them himself to act as his living interactive shield.  He approached them without haste or any undue attempts at concealment. after all these were his allies were they not?