Sweeping Darkness (IC) - Open

Started by Darkmoon, February 02, 2008, 11:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azlan

Aire opened her eyes, she had a noticeable weary look to her.  She focused as best as she could on DFX and nodded her head, which she regretted as the world spun a bit.

Pausing, she spoke in a small voice, "yes, that would be nice if you could... my armour is made of mithril, I have some in my pack if you need it... do whatever you think is best... I need to rest, I used as lot of mana."

She struggled to keep awake, but drifted back off to sleep.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Darkmoon

For those still awake, in the growing darkness (exacerbated by the light of the campfire), one could make out the faint shape of a figure, standing off in the distance, watching them.

The figure was, for all intents, apparently made of faint light.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Lushin

Tarson slowly climbed to his feet and stared out at the being. Without saying anything he moved to position himself inbetween the party and the being. Then he simplely stoud staring at the light being,
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Darkmoon

The being stared back. It had all the time in the world.

techmaster-glitch

As DFX scraped and cleaned off the detritus from Tank, they both noticed a strange light off in the distance. Tarson moved to an interposing sentinel position.
   DFX spoke up. "I recommend we delay initiating contact with this anomaly for as long as possible, if we engage it at all. It is possible it may depart of its own accord. I remain with a considerable amount of labor to complete, and require adequate time."
   Finally, all the webbing, acid residue, bug guts, and other things were cleaned completely from Tank's body. The flying tools re-holstered themselves in DFX's bandolier, and he put away the ones he was working with. He picked up a few of the other tools that were laid out, and they also started flying around as DFX retrieved several more. As DFX applied these tools to Tank's shell, small bursts of sparks flew as all the corroded craters and holes in Tank's armor were shaved down, to remove impurities and prepare it to accept fresh repair materials seamlessly.

Azlan

Aire rolled onto her back and groaned slightly, with effort she opened her eyes and stared up towards Tarson, "I sense something is watching us... and that you are aware of it, what do you think we should do?"

Ghostwish

Malcurth, however, remained quite unconscious.. He was laying on his back, with just his head against his pack now, and a paw across his chest, snoozing quietly in the firelight.. Speaking of which, the fire elemental youth had also noticed the odd being, but as it did not appear to pose a threat at the moment, it remained quietly crackling, merely watching with two pinpricks of flame..

Lushin

Tarson kept looking at the being in the distance. His eyes locked on it and spoke to Aire without turning to look at her.
"Right now nothing. You get some rest. Right now I'm not considereing it dangerous but I do plan on keeping an eye on it as long as I can"
/happiness.exe

e_voyager

enigma was off in the shadows grumbling under his breath. another night attack? why was it that when the others were sleep he never had time to study more then a few items in his book? he really wanted to find out more about that new addition to the group. it had super secede his research into the runes on the leader's arm. still he would wait and watcher. see what this creature would do before getting into a needless or potentially unwinnable battle.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Darkmoon

Azlan

Aire could barely keep her eyes open anyways, so when Tarson told her to get some rest, she squeaked a small reply, "k...."

She immediately drifted off into a fitful sleep.

techmaster-glitch

As the "standoff" dragged on, DFX continued his tireless work on Tank. After he had smoothed all the damage in Tank's armor, he then pulled out some of the fiber-cord from his rucksack. Using the same large needle-like tool he'd used before when reparing the damage from the goblin attack, DFX wove new strands into the areas of the decayed fiber-bundle musculature where the armor had been eaten all the way through by the acid. The needle-tip glowed as each new strand melded with the old, making all of Tank's "muscles' whole again.
   After that, DFX removed a few of the plates of adamantine from the rucksack as well, and picked out a few tools like small blades from his bandolier. With them, he cut out and shaped several pieces of adamantine. This was particularly slow work, as adamantine was as difficult to work with as it was tough. Eventually, he had a few pieces that satisfied him.
   He returned to Tank and fitted the pieces only into the largest holes in his armor, using a tool that acted somewhat like a modern welder to set them. This also took some time, but the pieces didn't seem to completly fill in the holes.
   Finally, DFX placed his metal hands on Tank, and concentrated. All remaining flaws in the armor glowed softly, as DFX wove an enchantment of repair, drawing on Fire and Earth magic. Slowly, very slowly, the adamantine regenerated, filling in all the last craters and gaps.
   When DFX had finally finished, Tank's armor was once again flawless, but it wasn't quite seamless. The places where new adamantine  had been fitted and grown in were slightly lighter than the rest of the body. This, however, was not a problem; soon the materials would be automatically and fully assimilated as part of Tank's body, absorbed into the rest of the materials of his figure by the magic that made and sustained him.
   Tank, now fully repaired, began a circling patrol around the hill their camp was on, watching out for more than just the immobile light-being. DFX then retrieved Aire's armor, and some of the extra mithril in her pack. DFX then went about repairing her armor in much the same way he did Tank's shell, but it was slightly difficult on account that DFX had never worked with mithril before, and it was far less robust than the materials he worked with before. While most of the other living constructs built by his father were composites with predominantly steel as the base material, like DFX himself, there had been a few specialty adamantine models, like Tank, as well as a few mithril ones. DFX had never gotten a chance to work on those before the forged was razed and the constructs destroyed. However, DFX quickly adapted to the nuances in the new metal, and worked away the rents and marrs in the armor. When he finished, the areas he had worked on no longer quite had their original "natural" workmanship, but the armor was just as tough as it used to be.
   All this had taken about two hours. DFX placed the armor back near Aire, then walked over to Tarson, who may or may not still be awake. Regardless, DFX said "My labor is complete. We are now prepared to engage this anomaly, if you decide upon that course of action."

Lushin

Tarson looked at DFX with tiredness on the human side of his face. He shook his head, it was clear it was meant to clear his head more than anything.
"Stay here and watch the others. I'll be right back"
With that Tarson started to walk towards the light being. He had his arms slighty out to his sides to show me means no harm. He walked about halfway between between the being and his party. Once he figured he was close enough he stopped and stared at the being.
"Who are you? We mean you no harm. I hope you don't mean us any either. We had a nasty run in in that small village back there and are kinda broken down. Are you from there?"
When Tarson spoke he kept his voice at a somewhat normal tone. He kepy his voice sounding as friendly as possible as to not sound threatening.
/happiness.exe

Darkmoon

The figure titled it's head upon hearing Tarson's voice. After a pause, the figure glowed brighter briefly, the faded back down to it's previous brightness. Then it pulsed again. Faintly, for those that were listening, it could be heard:

"must... stay... away... go... back... not... for... ward... dan... ger... lurks... ahead... over... lord... cast... le... be... ware..."

Then the figure subsided and watched again.

Lushin

Tarson looked at the being.
"We don't belong in this world and are searching for our way back. We have reason to believe our way home is in this direction"
/happiness.exe

e_voyager

enigma made a note by his sketched of the creature. Tarson had gotten it to speak so he marked that down. it was intelligent and seemed non aggressive. that was a plus.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Darkmoon

Lushin

Tarson nodded at the being.
"Very"
/happiness.exe

Darkmoon

"...danger..."

Those furthest away from the being are the first attacked by wraiths.

Ghostwish

"Huzzawha? Hrmph?" Malcurth muttered, coming awake to a sound like a forest burning. He shook his head groggily, and peered about, noting the infant fire elemental to be the source of the racket. And with good reason, as the incubus was soon aware of the presence of some incorporeal, not so friendly beings. Even with their alien appearance, their manner, their aura and their intent was unmistakable.

"Wraiths!!" He yelped, all slumber departing him as he unleashed a fiery blast on the closest spirit..

Azlan

Cloudchaser, the mount of Aire, was the first to react to this sudden threat of incorporeal entities.  He charged forward and from his horn exploded a wave of pure light, striking each wraith with holy energy.  Aire might not be a paladin, but the mount appeared to be one.  Also what was apparent is that he was not simply a heavy warhorse, nor even a horse at all.  Cloudchaser was a unicorn. 

He reared up and struck a wraith with a glowing hoof.

Meanwhile, Aire's eyes fluttered open at Malcurth's exclamation.  Wraiths were deadly business.  Flush with adrenaline and momentarily free of her fatigue, she leaped up, drew her sword, and slashed through a wraith in one fell movement.  Her sword glowed with the same holy radiance as Cloudchaser's hooves, his use of whatever power he had also seemed to extend to Aire.

e_voyager

suddenly burst of exploding balls of light lit up the area. while not quite noon lit it was never the less an impressive display, as well it should be since it was a technique he used often to gain clients. the explosion were more show the force but some times showiness was what was needed "as if anyone appreciates this"enigma thinks as he heads towards the main group wishing he'd stayed  home profit or not.

Lushin

Tarson spun around to the camp to see his companions being attacked by some creatures he had never seen before.
"What the..."
Tarson turned back to the being before running towards the party.
"If you had anything to do with this..."
/happiness.exe

Darkmoon

e_voyager

"Leader hurry" he called as he ran past tarson to the the group. his magic fireworks would only last so long but it would give tho others light to fight by and hopefully weaken the wraiths attacking them.

Azlan

Aire slashes at another wraith and backs off a bit, "I do not fear the ghosts of men..."

She tightened the grip on her sword and steadied herself, the adrenaline was beginning to run its course and fatigue was beginning to creep into her once again.  All the twirling and slashing has caused her side to throb and she could feel a warmth spreading at that spot yet again.

"If anyone else would care to aid in vanquishing these foes, I will not complain."

Cloudchaser struck another one with a glowing hoof.

Lushin

Tarson charge into the camp and went to strike a wraith with his stone arm.
"I've never dealt with these creatures but I'll just fight like I normally do and hope it works"
/happiness.exe

e_voyager

having reached his stash of merchandise enigma sets about unsealing them with practiced ease. he reach in grabbing a random talisman and the water staff. he also grabs a roll of paper that he uses to write his paper talisman. whiles he throws his paper talisman at an wraith. on the talisman is an arcane sealing spell / set of runes

techmaster-glitch

When the wraiths attacked, Tank certainly didn't bother reinventing the wheel. He just picked up his hammer and did what he did best. Which, apparently, was putting large holes in the ground as his hammer ineffectually swung straight through the incoporeal wraiths as if they weren't even there. After about seven such swings, he actually quit.
   DFX, on the other hand, did not react immediately. He knew any physical attacks by him or his brother would be useless, and he wasn't yet sure if the same applied vice versa, as the two composite contructs weren't made of living flesh. However, they were still by some extent alive, so DFX hypothesised that if the wraiths could indeed harm him, the damage caused would most likely be reduced compared to the fleshlings in the party.
   He also considered how he could affect the wraiths. Problem was, he was mostly useless at this point. He had magic of his own, but it could only be imbued and enchanted into inanimate objects. He could imbue himself, but that wouldn't improve things much. Enchanting took time, offensive capabilities especially. He wouldn't even be able to repeat his lightbolt-blasting arms that he used on the goblins; he'd almost certainly be attacked by a wraith before he even managed to charge up a few shots. And then he'd figure out the hard way if the wraiths could hurt him or not.
   This was quite a predicament. However, he couldn't think up any better ideas at the moment, so he stood still, concentrated, and started to weave a temporary infusion into his arms to recreate the lightbolt spell.

Darkmoon

The wraiths weaved through the air, screeching and crying. Those they attacked felt a cold, biting wind through to their gut, taking deep, psychic and magical damage.

Not a single wraith did actual physical damage.