Sweeping Darkness (OoC)

Started by Darkmoon, December 31, 2007, 02:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Darkmoon, you ass. It WAS a lure all along?

...Well, I know how Tank can screw this up >:3 :mwaha *goes to post*

e_voyager

i thought that might be the case but knowledge is  very important to me i gather it and horde it like a dragon it's trinkets.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Darkmoon

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 20, 2008, 07:40:12 PM
Darkmoon, you ass. It WAS a lure all along?

...Well, I know how Tank can screw this up >:3 :mwaha *goes to post*

Uh... duh.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

techmaster-glitch

Question: have these zombie-spiders formed up in front of Tank, or behind him and the group?

Lushin

I'm thinking it's on him. Great just great, I justed risked the lives of my friends thinkin this pain in the ass needed to be saved.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Daimien on August 21, 2008, 07:48:42 PM
I'm thinking it's on him.
Waving her hands around, the various spider bits (that weren't complete goo) started to merge back together, creating a rather large collection of undead spiders.
There's more than one. And I seriously doubt they've dog-piled him. That would be bad for Miss Arachnomancer.

Great just great, I justed risked the lives of my friends thinkin this pain in the ass needed to be saved.
Which is another reason why Tank was originally going to go alone :P

Lushin

Ok that makes sense. If you remeber Tarson told you all to leave in the first place. Tarson had planed to go it alone, but now it's starting to look like it was all for nothing anyway. Tarson thought he may have found that farmers daughter. Guess I was wrong.
/happiness.exe

Darkmoon

They are spread all over.

Edit: Bats his players around a bit more.

Lushin

/happiness.exe

familyghost

I won't be on much for the next day or two.

Death in the family so we got a wake and funeral to go to.

Azlan

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 21, 2008, 08:01:22 PM

Great just great, I justed risked the lives of my friends thinkin this pain in the ass needed to be saved.
Which is another reason why Tank was originally going to go alone :P

Quote from: Daimien on August 21, 2008, 08:44:48 PM
Ok that makes sense. If you remeber Tarson told you all to leave in the first place.

I'm starting to feel that this attitude is not contained entirely in character where it belongs.  We are not all weak, defenseless liabilities that need protecting.  Unfortunately, no one is truly playing any support characters... except the guy trying to play most of the angles with two characters.

We are stacked with AOE/Nukers/Controllers of various specialties and a couple of tanks/bricks/guardians... or whatever they are called in the common game parlance.

Let's stop talking about who is putting who in danger and who thinks it's their job to engage in all the battles alone.  Let us address the encounter.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Darkmoon

Well, that's part of the reason why I keep escalating things. We have too many tanks.

EDIT: Oh, and Tarson, if you're trying to get to the golem's chem so you can remove it, it's not stored in the head.

e_voyager

my character was built not to be a tank but to be a low level in love with himself ever so slightly  nosey tool wilder. as the the jar he's looking for it would / will be a normal jar the kind you can store drinking water in and he plans to collect some of miss spider mancer for study should tank succeed in destroying her. in fact i doubt that my character could win in a direct conflict with any of the others. he has some self defense skills but really isn't much of an attack unless attacking the unwary form the shadows like with the goblins or using one of his 'any body can use this it's so great' magic tools ie the reason why he was using the water staff. even his tools are limited and so is his normal magic use primarily for escape and flare to sell his items.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Lushin

Quote from: Darkmoon on August 22, 2008, 07:13:44 AM
Well, that's part of the reason why I keep escalating things. We have too many tanks.

EDIT: Oh, and Tarson, if you're trying to get to the golem's chem so you can remove it, it's not stored in the head.
His what now? Tarson was just attacking cause he is getting annoyed. Also I don't consider Tarson a tank. It's more of how I tend to play as a leader. Told you guys I shouldn't be leader.
/happiness.exe

Darkmoon

His chem. They words that control a golem and give it life...

Nevermind...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. _I_ knew what it was.

Words are important.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

i'm sure many of us who remember a famous golem story know what they are ah well off to read  the thread.

Omega

Armita tries to control many of the undead spiders and even the golem too. Is that too muchfor his powers?

Darkmoon

You're not going to be able to control the spiders, but you can try to cancel them out.

You;re not going to be able to control the golem at all.

Darkmoon

...Do I need to make the next move?

techmaster-glitch

I'm still debating whether or not you will actually let me get away with turning Miss Arachnomancer to a paste. Literally. In character, Tank'll do it right away, but out of character, I'm deathly scared of getting burned for eliminating our current antagonist NPC so easily.
   I thought you'd at least make her escape from Tank's shoulder. You haven't really been controlling our adversaries very much, and just leaving us up to our own RP devices to fight our enemies. Like I said, I'm afraid of overstepping a boundry.

But, if she is dealt with, I am looking forward to writing in a good wrestling scene with the golemspider :3

Ghostwish

My own worry too. Malcurth could go and scorch her face away, but that seems too easy. Was wondering if she would try to escape or erect a defense or something.

Darkmoon

Well, this is where we need to figure a bit out. I want you to be able to attack her, but I don't want you to kill her until she is dead.

If you want, you can PM me your line of thought, and I can tell you what will happen, so that, when you post, you can post an appropriate set of steps.

techmaster-glitch

Well, it is actually quite simple. Tank is holding her on his shoulder. All Tank has to do is toss her to the ground and mushify her with his greathammer. He doesn't even have to do it quickly. Hell, he doesn't even have to do that. He could just squeeze her.
   Basically, at this point, unless she is some sort of uber-athelete we haven't seen yet, has some kind of teleportation, or posesses some other equaly incredible escape artist skills, she doesn't have a prayer. She is completely at Tank's mercy (of which he has none).
   Then again, all the spiders (including the golem), could rush Tank immediately, in which case you will have to post the next action. He will be rather distracted then, which might provide her a means of escape.

Lushin

I've just waited to see if my attack actuallu hit or if the golem did something to Tarson. Like hit him when he is going in for the attack.
/happiness.exe

Darkmoon

Oh, I just figured you'd get bored waiting and hit it with something else instead.

Lushin

Well I feel like an idiot not. One for the obivious reason of attacking stone with a sword. Two is the golem never actually made any agression towards the party. It was just the undead woman telling us where the ones who need help. Remind me if I survive this battle to cut her head off, unless Tank smushes her.
/happiness.exe

Darkmoon

The stone hand makes much more sense.

Ahhh, Legend of Zelda. So many ideas I can steal from you.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

You're not dead Tarson. You still have that electroshock thinger.