JK Rowlings outs a Major Harry Potter Character

Started by thegayhare, October 20, 2007, 01:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

gh0st

you know i have never read any of those books... ever so saying that dumble whoever is gay is like saying that billy joe bob down the street is gay...

Jim Halisstrad

HAH!  Thats fucking awesome!
My hat off to the woman who is going to break sooooo many minds XD

Zina

And suddenly every horrible fanfic I've ever read with Dumbledore raping someone comes rushing back to me. :C

lucas marcone

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on October 20, 2007, 01:28:51 AM
HAH!  Thats fucking awesome!
I wouldn't exactly put it that way myself but I share the sentiment.  It's made my day :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Heh..Its not so bad...Yet alittle late to say! Geeze JK...You know your like a flower that blossoms durring fall and not spring..OYI! Well least like I still got Sir Ian to look up to still always...*cuddles my Magneto plush*

Sid

Mwahahahah! xD
Awesome way to prod the fandom with a massive baseball bat even after the series ended!

Quote"Oh, my god," Rowling concluded with a laugh, "the fan fiction."

My thoughts exactly :animesweat
:boogie

luiqui

Haha, I love her comment: "Oh, my god, the fan fiction." The fans are probably one step ahead of you there. :)

RJ

Quote from: Zina on October 20, 2007, 01:30:00 AM
And suddenly every horrible fanfic I've ever read with Dumbledore raping someone comes rushing back to me. :C

You too?  :[ We can both be traumatised together.

Gabi

What does homosexuality have to do with witchcraft?

In any case, he spent most of his life alone, so that doesn't make much of a difference, aside from the event referred to in the article.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Alondro

And suddenly it will be accepted that everyone who keeps to themselves and has never had a relationship MUST be gay!

Meh.  People these days seem to have to throw sex in everywhere.  They can't believe that a person can exist without any sexual attractions at all. 

Next thing you know, George Lucas will be revealing that the Emperor was gay.  And so was Yoda, and Obi Wan, and Jabba the Hut (all the slave women were just a cover).

Gandalf was also gay...  D:

This is prejudiced!  Everyone is either straight or gay!  I demand equal representation for pedos and zoos and people fond of balloons and stuffed animals! 

Oh right, that's what furry is for.   :tongue
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Valynth

Quote from: Alondro on October 20, 2007, 10:00:54 AM
And suddenly it will be accepted that everyone who keeps to themselves and has never had a relationship MUST be gay!

Hey, you pay for the whore and I'll prove my heterosexuality.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

superluser

Quote from: Alondro on October 20, 2007, 10:00:54 AMMeh.  People these days seem to have to throw sex in everywhere.  They can't believe that a person can exist without any sexual attractions at all.

She could be looking for a way back into the news now that the 7th book is over.  That's the general consensus on another forum.

...but I'm thinking not.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Brunhidden

Quote from: Alondro on October 20, 2007, 10:00:54 AM
Gandalf was also gay...  D:

Sir Ian actually is gay, and my first thought was that JK was trying to either imitate the greatness of an actual writer or try to validate her own drivel
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Reese Tora

Oh my.

Now the christian church has TWO reasons to dislike Harry. :P

Personally, I would have guessed something along the lines of Dumbledor's "true love" being his work, his school.

Then again, I've never really been in to the series... I havn't even read Deathly Hollows. :B
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Tapewolf

Quote from: Reese Tora on October 20, 2007, 08:11:54 PM
Then again, I've never really been in to the series... I havn't even read Deathly Hollows. :B

Strangely, I'm much more interested in the series now it's finished than I was when it was in full-flow...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

The better question:

Q: In the Goblet of Fire Dumbledore said his brother was prosecuted for practicing inappropriate charms [JKR buries her head, to laughter] on a goat; what were the inappropriate charms he was practicing on that goat?

JKR: How old are you?

Eight.

JKR: I think that he was trying to make a goat that was easy to keep clean [laughter], curly horns. That's a joke that works on a couple of levels. I really like Aberforth and his goats. But you know Aberforth having this strange fondness for goats if you've read book seven, came in really useful to Harry, later on, because a goat, a stag, you know. If you're a stupid Death Eater, what's the difference. So, that is my answer to YOU.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Darkmoon

I'd have been more interested if there'd been a couple of hot lesbo scenes.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Azlan

No big deal, never affected my appreciation of the tale.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Kenji

I've sure if I actually cared for the characters, and not just the general premise, I still wouldn't care as long as there wasn't any describing scenes.  :batman Batman!

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Gabi on October 20, 2007, 08:46:04 AM
What does homosexuality have to do with witchcraft?
Nothing, other than that Christian groups tend to dislike both.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Darkmoon

thegayhare

Quote from: Darkmoon on October 21, 2007, 01:00:25 AM
Gay people have conversion magics.

It's true.

Damn how did you find out?

thats one of our most guarded secr...  err look over there kittens

*runs off into the night*

Reese Tora

Quote from: thegayhare on October 21, 2007, 01:01:50 AM

It's true.

Don't look at the kittens, that's how they work thier magic. D:
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Darkmoon

ITOS

Quote from: RJ on October 20, 2007, 08:35:47 AM
Quote from: Zina on October 20, 2007, 01:30:00 AM
You too?  :[ We can both be traumatised together.

Why did you read them? They only want you to be traumatised. :dface
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Kuari

I was kind of amused by this news....  and laugh at those extremist Christians.  They're silly...  they need to learn something that their bible teaches....  TOLERENCE :p..  Which is funnier because of Rowling saying that's an extended theme to her books.

Brunhidden

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 20, 2007, 08:27:12 PM
Quote from: Reese Tora on October 20, 2007, 08:11:54 PM

Strangely, I'm much more interested in the series now it's finished than I was when it was in full-flow...

Probably precisely the reaction JK wanted.

Lets face it, JKR is a one trick pony- now that her big book series is over she needs to keep peoples interest until all the movies cash in, and attract anyone who has not yet read it to join the legions of her faithful.

To prove my theory that this drama is both pointless and random lets keep an ear out for any further potteriffic announcements. I predict sometime within the next year one of the other characters will be 'revealed' to be into either necrophilia, bestiality, vouyer, or *gasp* pedophilia.... though i have read none of the books i expect anyone who has just instantly matched up EACH of those with a character already.

It's true.

I KNEW IT!

You fruits keep turning my lemonade pink! stop it, seriously, it freaks me out when gay ninjas break into my home to switch the contents of my refrigerator.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Zedd

Quote from: Brunhidden on October 21, 2007, 07:52:00 AM

It's true.

I KNEW IT!

You fruits keep turning my lemonade pink! stop it, seriously, it freaks me out when gay ninjas break into my home to switch the contents of my refrigerator.
Dont look at meeee....*swaps your stuff again*