Possible Emotes (warning gif heavy)

Started by thegayhare, June 15, 2007, 01:23:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Netrogo

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on June 19, 2007, 10:40:18 AM
Well, I guess that's not up for debate, but anyway, I should try clarifying my point as much as I can remember at this point.

As far as I've seen across the interwebs, there are three types of forum emotes:

Smileys
Sprites
Pictures

And aside from the fact TGH's lack transparency and would look ugly on pretty much any theme of this forum, I feel it falls into some category between "weird thing" and "awfully boring looking", as far as my definition of those categories go, and that's with variance from image to image. Still, there's a lot of excess there that are likely not going to get added anyway, as they already have equivalents here.

Oh, and there's no emotion in those emotes :<

Yeah, so I think I covered all the negative, so my work here is done.

Look he CAN explain himself properly without sounding like a douche :U

Seriously, NOW I understand what you mean and can see your perspective on this. Myself though, I still think these would be a fun addiction to the forums emotes.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

superluser

Quote from: Netrogo on June 19, 2007, 06:52:52 AMThis  :B  and this  :erk   Sure they fit in the same theme.

Actually. they don't. :B is shaded, while :erk is not.  In addition, :erk has only three colors and would show up well even on a CGA display.  :B would not.

As to the issue of transparency, that's easily solved (for someone who has a lot of time on his hands).  There is also plenty of emotion in these emotes.

(sorry, had the emotes backwards)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Aridas

I hardly think some half-dead thing in a coma has any emotion to it.

thegayhare

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on June 19, 2007, 02:21:20 PM
I hardly think some half-dead thing in a coma has any emotion to it.

err what?

half dead? in a coma? nowI'm realy cofused

Netrogo

*sniff* So sad...

Victory!

OMG WTF?!?

And lastly...

These are all pretty much how I feel arguing with you about this. Sooo much emotion...
Once upon a time I actually posted here.