Morrowind

Started by Tapewolf, April 02, 2007, 07:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh Massa

Hmm, I didn't know it was publicized tbh. My friend James and I were sitting on my couch one day, messing around on Morrowind...did that and it was like  :U SWEET JESUS! Amazing :3 

I loooove exploits.  >:3

Azlan

I found that Morrowind has far too many issues with player authority in various factions.  A plug-in mod was required to get Imperials to address my character with the appropriate respect after becoming the Imperial Dragon.  Mages guild, fighters Guild and Thieves guild still have issues with me being in charge, frequently and directly to my face.

*Sigh* It's hard to go back to it after Oblivion, where being the top guy works a slight bit better.

As for Bloodmoon, I have not checked out the most recent patches, but the last time I played through it I did not go wolfie.  In the end I got the ring and can do the same thing artificially.  However, the effect carried the same problem as being a real lycanthrope, which really annoyed me.  If any character base NPC sees you change, even if they are a full on afflicted werewolves themselves fully in thrall of the beast and attacking at the time you do it, every single person in the entire game will no longer speak to you and the violent ones will attack you until only you and the respawning monsters are left in the entire area.  It breaks all outstanding quests.

Hopefully they changed that in a patch since the last time I played it.

Edit: Back in the day I did that and managed to kill every last person in the entire game, including Vivec.  It is lonely out there...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

bill

Is there any good quick way to get my intelligence up? I've been ignoring it, since I've been using no magic but Divine Intervention, until I found out that it's a requirement for the main quest's advancement.

Reese Tora

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 28, 2007, 09:05:30 PM
Is there any good quick way to get my intelligence up? I've been ignoring it, since I've been using no magic but Divine Intervention, until I found out that it's a requirement for the main quest's advancement.

>:3

Train alchemy a bit so you can ID attributes on stuff
Mix a potion that buffs intelligence and use it.
With your newly enhanced intelligence, make a better potion that boosts intelligence and use it.
Repeat until your intelligence is game breakingly high with a duration longer than you'll ever play.
Make a potion for each stat while under the influence of your intelligence potion.
Be aware, your strength will be so high that you will one-hit kill your own weapons!

--edit--

to raise your base intellegence permanently, and without abusing a bug:

train your intellegence based skills by a combined total of 10, gain a level, raise intelegence, which should have the maximum multiplier of x5 thanks to your training in the int based skills.

each stat gains a point whenever you raise a skill it governs.

This FAQ describes it better than I can, but your multiplyer is based on the number of "points" you earn (should be 1/2) and maxes at x5

be aware, you can't reach a stat of 100 by any multiplyer other than x1
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

bill

Speaking of money, why doesn't there seem to be anyone in the game that has enough $$$ to purchase my Full And Complete Master Alchemy Set!!! ? The one person that had enough wouldn't buy it. Ugh.

Ouai

I have gotten to the point in my Redoran quests where i have to shut down the Caldera ebony mine. Problem is, I already freed all the slaves in the mine and shut it down early in the game.

I dont suppose there is a way to fix this, or am I out of luck?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ouari on June 30, 2007, 09:39:33 AM
I have gotten to the point in my Redoran quests where i have to shut down the Caldera ebony mine. Problem is, I already freed all the slaves in the mine and shut it down early in the game.

I dont suppose there is a way to fix this, or am I out of luck?

Go back to the Redoran guy who gave you the quest.  On the command line, enter:

journal HR_CalderaCorrupt 100
journal HR_CalderaDisrupt 100

..and talk to him again.  Hopefully you should now have completed that quest.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

bill

Scroll of Windwalker = LOL

Tapewolf

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 30, 2007, 12:44:38 PM

I've got a couple of those.  Never used them though, because I can't seem to find a regular supply.

bill

I ended up using that, and an assload of summoning scrolls to kill Bolvyn Venim. Then I took his Katana.  :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 30, 2007, 01:08:20 PM
I ended up using that, and an assload of summoning scrolls to kill Bolvyn Venim. Then I took his Katana.  :B

Oh, him.  I gave him a quick prod with the Toxic Cloud ring and he died just like the others.  I couldn't resist taking the ebony gear though.  I think it's in one of Ahnassi's chests, although it was rather tempting to flog it.

bill

Even though I'm crap in light armor, I've been using the Dark Brotherhood armor because of how cool it looks.  :U

I heard there's a full set of glass armor in Bloodmoon, so I'll try to find that.

Reese Tora

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 30, 2007, 01:19:51 PM
Even though I'm crap in light armor, I've been using the Dark Brotherhood armor because of how cool it looks.  :U

I heard there's a full set of glass armor in Bloodmoon, so I'll try to find that.

you should be able to piece together a full suit of glass in morrowind standard. (I know I did)

The glass helmet fits on beast-heads, but it looks like your'e wearing a swim-cap and goggles... fortunately, I can't look at my face while I'm playing :P

bill

I find it very amusing that you can prance around in full Dark Brotherhood armor, without anyone being the least bit alarmed.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Reese Tora on June 30, 2007, 01:24:16 PM
Quote from: BillBuckner on June 30, 2007, 01:19:51 PM

you should be able to piece together a full suit of glass in morrowind standard. (I know I did)

The glass helmet fits on beast-heads, but it looks like your'e wearing a swim-cap and goggles... fortunately, I can't look at my face while I'm playing :P

If I recall, it's in one of the Towers at Ghostgate. But you have to pretty much steal it from under the smith's nose unless you want to pay out for it.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agencyâ„¢. And possibly spy cameras.

bill

Finished the main quest as a level 6. LOL.

2 Windwalker scrolls made the CLIMACTIK FITE OMG easy.

Ouai

Nice one, did you kill Vivec yet?

Kasarn

More like, has he killed Gaenor yet? :P

bill

Why the fuck would I kill Vivec?

He was actually polite to me, unlike %98.5 of the other characters in the game.

Tapewolf

Quote from: BillBuckner on July 02, 2007, 07:20:38 AM

Because he's a god! You can't have any competition now, can you?

QuoteHe was actually polite to me, unlike %98.5 of the other characters in the game.
I don't remember that bit.  He seemed to be barely tolerating me.
One question I asked he got stroppy and said he'd only discuss the matter after I'd killed Mr. Ur.  He  also gave the same excuse even after I'd done that.

But IMHO the most convincing reason is 'because you're not supposed to'...

**EDIT**

Unfortunately, I can:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/games/mw_demon_cat.jpg

Ryudo Lee

It's in Tribunal where you can get the full set of glass armor.  There's a smith there who will make armor pieces for you if you provide the raw materials and some gold for labor.  He makes ebony, glass, and adamantium (found in the Tribunal expansion).

Also, if you're a high enough level and a damned good thief (the skeleton key works wonders here), the various vaults in Vivec hold a whole set of glass armor and most of the ebony armor too, plus some nice enchanted stuff too.  But you gotta be level 30+ for that stuff to appear, because it's all level dependant.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Reese Tora

Tape, I meant I can't see the face while playing normally.  I dun think you can play so well with the camera focussed on your puss's puss. :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: Reese Tora on July 02, 2007, 12:45:12 PM
Tape, I meant I can't see the face while playing normally.  I dun think you can play so well with the camera focussed on your puss's puss. :P

Depends what he's doing at the time.  Especially for walking and stuff, I'll spin the camera around for side views etc.  Sometimes even in combat.

rt

Ahh nice hat .. what a cool looking cat.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but when you were asking about self-enchanting the info I found said you needed massive amounts of intellegence (and some luck helps too) to have a good chance. Thousands of points not just 100 points, people talked of making gradually better enchant (and alchmest) producing outfits.

Its an interesting game so far, at least once you get past those first few levels.

Ouai

He was actually polite to me, unlike %98.5 of the other characters in the game.

Well at least kill Almalexia, she is a real bitch unlike Vivec and has a nice sword.

Ryudo Lee

You gotta kill her anyway.  Plus you get that nice teleporation ring too.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 02, 2007, 07:29:30 AM

Because he's a god! You can't have any competition now, can you?

QuoteHe was actually polite to me, unlike %98.5 of the other characters in the game.
I don't remember that bit.  He seemed to be barely tolerating me.
One question I asked he got stroppy and said he'd only discuss the matter after I'd killed Mr. Ur.  He  also gave the same excuse even after I'd done that.

But IMHO the most convincing reason is 'because you're not supposed to'...

**EDIT**

Unfortunately, I can:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/games/mw_demon_cat.jpg
heh
glass armor's interesting, particularly if you're a stealth character

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/Turnsky/glassarmor.jpg

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Ryudo Lee

Glass armor looks better in Oblivion, especially if you can find that mod that gives glass armor a darker tint.

TheDXM

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 30, 2007, 01:03:50 PM
Quote from: BillBuckner on June 30, 2007, 12:44:38 PM

I've got a couple of those.  Never used them though, because I can't seem to find a regular supply.

I'm double-quoting because I won't make any sense if I don't:

You should really try to, those things are a god-send and were the only thing I used to move around after a while.

I know that atleast two mage's guild vendors MAY or MAY NOT sell them because their stock is actually randomly generated (I think at the start of the game). The vendor I used to get a hold of them was in Vivic, and I think she's the enchanter lady. You can find her hanging around the front room of the Guild. The other one was in some weird town I can't remember the name of (the one near the ebony mine.)

There's the real trick though: There's TWO different versions of the scroll that the game will spawn in the vendor's stock, an insanely expensive one, and a relatively cheap one, but they both give the same exact effect. The vendors will ussually carry one or the other, or neither, but I've never seen them carry both.

Tapewolf

Today I decided to rescue Dro'Zhavir from the dungeon in Tel Vos.  He didn't really want to leave, but that's just too bad.  I used the Commanding Touch spell to get him to follow me which was a little awkward because I can only cast it about twice a day.

He seems to run off if we both sleep in the wilderness, though.  This is irritating as my plan is to set him up in Bal Isra or some other friendly territory.

It might be interesting if I can do this to Qa'Dar as well...