The Castle (OOC) - Open

Started by Stygian, February 14, 2007, 05:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas marcone

is that before or after i shoot in her direction? because there is a distinct possiblity you could be hit by a number of those poorly aimed shots as well BA

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 14, 2007, 12:04:58 AM
Now, now, Cogi. How rude - you check her for mindspiders, but don't show yourself as being clear? ;-]

*cough* sorry....

Aisha told Ryn pretty much the whole story about the castle after she arrived, including about Sal and the mindspiders.  Not like Ryn will mind as she knows the situation, O behind-the-scenes commentator.   :3

I'm pretty much also confused on the floor situation, but I'd supposed in a CASTLE that there are other sets of stairs that lead to the floors, not just one.  Sal would have just blocked of -one- hallway to the third floor.  Also, Aisha should've been found by now.  I should've been corrected if there are no rooms on the first floor.  :rolleyes  But that also suits just fine anyway.

One last thing...how does Ketefe know what Keaton's doing now?  Because of how she appears?

Finally, I see someone has ignored me when I said nobody said anything about secret passages.   :rolleyes
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on September 14, 2007, 10:55:30 AM
Aisha told Ryn pretty much the whole story about the castle after she arrived, including about Sal and the mindspiders.  Not like Ryn will mind as she knows the situation, O behind-the-scenes commentator.   :3

I wasn't suggesting Ryn wouldn't know what was going on, though. I was suggesting that perhaps it might be a good idea, if Cogi is checking others, that he display that he himself is also clear - in the interests of keeping everyone from shooting at each other.

Not that that's going to help dealing with Keaton, although she could manage to sneak into the group before going nuts, if she knew enough to take advantage of the fact that her "mindspider" is her eyeball...

But, as said, don't mind me. I'm just commenting from the cheap seats. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mel Dragonkitty

The eye is perfectly fine. It came from Mel. Keaton was captured and contaminated way back when they were visiting the town.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Aisha deCabre

S'alright then, Llearch. x3  And I propose everyone calm down and actually read a little better on how things are going and where you are.  A few of us are metagaming...probably not on purpose, but still.

Ian and Ketefe shouldn't have known at all about Keaton, nor should they have seen her yet.  Not unless she ran well ahead of the other villains.  And she hasn't said she was.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mel Dragonkitty on September 14, 2007, 11:15:43 AM
The eye is perfectly fine. It came from Mel. Keaton was captured and contaminated way back when they were visiting the town.

Ah. I think I missed that. :-/

I'd go back and re-read it, but... it'd take me all week, what with the volumes posted. ;-]

Edit:
Heh. Half-right. Page 57 and 58. I see now... Subtle.

Mel Dragonkitty

Replies 1675 and 1700 if you're that interested.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

lucas marcone

you make it sound like ian didn't have a target mel. he was shooting at the jackal but he couldnt aim very well. and did you ignore his shout or did you not quite catch it or what?

Mel Dragonkitty

Please don't be in such a hurry and slow down to read what has been posted. You are acting on your knowledge and not Ian's. Ian woke up in the hallway after Sal was in the room. He could have only seen Keaton standing in the hall looking in a doorway. Ian went in his room to get his guns. When he returned to the hall Keaton was gone and he assaulted a bleeding woman rather than asking her what was going on. The bleeding woman threw him into a wall and ran away. Mel found him on the floor and he woke up and started shooting.

Your story is that somehow Keaton and Sal sprinted down a hallway, spun a web to block the hallway, and ran down two flights of stairs, had a conversation and ran back up the stairs, unblocked the hallway, and sprinted back to where Ian lay in the amount of time it took for Mel to walk to where Ian was laying? Either Mel walks very slowly or Keaton and Sal move very very quickly. Keaton also wrote that she was standing on the second floor landing with the bat and Sal. So I went with the logical idea that Ian was shooting at the pretty pretty lights that his concussion was making him see.

lucas marcone

Ian did not wake up to the noise he woke up as they passed him to get to cog's room. he isn't THAT deep of a sleeper. so yes he saw the events as they unfolded. #2071 IC    im sorry if you misunderstood. and  #297 OOC

Ian did not wake up because he was never unconsious. he was only severely concused.   #294 OOC

i don't know how fast you walk....or how far you were away for that matter.

kaeton ran back up the stairs to seek revenge remember?  #2081 IC

i do read everything to make sure my character knows what he's supposed to and nothing more.

Sunblink

Hello there all.

To Lucas, sorry about any confusion which is going on, but Keaton has probably passed Ian in search of Cog and Styg. I'm not very familiar with the layout of the castle myself, but Keaton's more concerned with looking for the guys who hurt Sal rather than tangling with anyone else. She must've passed them or at least is searching for them.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

lucas marcone

ian spotted you as you came up the stairs and shouted and "tried" to shoot, before mel somehow got super human reflexes and porced my hand down before i could fire off a single shot. ok you ran past me but i still shouted at you and tried to shoot you as you crested the stairs.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: lucas marcone on September 14, 2007, 02:10:06 PM
Ian did not wake up to the noise he woke up as they passed him to get to cog's room. he isn't THAT deep of a sleeper. so yes he saw the events as they unfolded. #2071 IC    im sorry if you misunderstood. and  #297 OOC

Ian did not wake up because he was never unconsious. he was only severely concused.   #294 OOC

i don't know how fast you walk....or how far you were away for that matter.

kaeton ran back up the stairs to seek revenge remember?  #2081 IC

i do read everything to make sure my character knows what he's supposed to and nothing more.

Quote from: lucas marcone on September 14, 2007, 02:02:25 AM
before someone cries foul to ian's knoledge, remember he saw kaeton with the spider and just watch as it attacked cog.

Marcone,

It somewhat appears you are forgoing logic, somewhat. Or, at least, you are being rather confusing. It was my impression that Marcone woke up to the commotion, i.e. this post here:
Quote from: lucas marcone on September 13, 2007, 12:48:37 PM
Ian woke up with all the commotion. He was still walking the halls when Kaeton brought the "Legion of Doom". "Ay! Who are you? and what the FIZZNUCK you doin sneakin around!" Ian hadn't realized yet that they were enimies, nor had he his guns on him. Luckily he was right next to his room.

Two things strike me - if, by the Legion of Doom, you mean Sal, and the two strangers, only Sal was upstairs. Two, the remark about commotion, being where it is, seems to imply that it was the noise from the fight Sal and Cog were making as they were trying to kill each other. Now, perhaps by commotion you mean the silent, soft padding they made as they snuck into a room occupied by a bat and an anti-assassination trained wolf - this could be possible. I would remark that, if Ian is a light sleeper, the two who occupied the room most certainly would be also. You can see why there was some confusion, here, especially with the post being -after- the fight had started. If you awoke before, it makes more sense - if you awoke after, it does appear to be metagaming.

Also, your most recent post with the shooting does not make much sense. Keaton hasn't gotten that far yet. She has -begun- walking up the stairs to the next story, but from what I see, that does not mean she has -gotten- there yet, especially considering the nature of the castle. There are multiple levels. It is unlikely that the first floor to the third takes so little time.
As for Mel clamping down on your hand, it is not out of the realm of possibility that she walked out of her room, and saw you shooting, and then proceeded to restrain you. It certainly would not take superhuman reflexes. Mel can speak for herself, but this is not really something unlikely.

Not trying to be offensive, but please try and be more clear in the future.

Stygian

Getting more and more aggravated at all this... Firstly, only Sal and Keaton proceeded to try to assassinate Cog and Stygian. They were then on the third floor. The other two remained in the entry hall. I have not the slightest clue as to where Ian's room was situated, as that was never specified. The planning doesn't match up. Need I remind you all that this is a whole bloody castle? The distance between events should not be ignored.
   Secondly, as Cogidubnus has stated, the timing doesn't match up with the events either. Keaton could not have gone back down the blocked passage, and would thus have to take a longer and different route just to get back to the others, if that's even where she is headed. Aisha is quite right on the point that Ian should not have seen Keaton other than when she was standing outside the bedroom, and definitely not Ketefe.
   Thirdly, Marcone, don't you even try and accuse Mel of metagaming after all your self-convenience here. Noticing all the others, rapidly moving Ian about both time- and space-wise, and making him react to events as if he knew precisely what was going on, e.g. his aggressive reaction toward Keaton and Sal... Clearly you should not be giving pointers to us others about that sort of behavior if you can't even begin keep yourself in line.

lucas marcone

we discussed this earlir and i acnowlaged my miscalculation. i didn't feel the need to edit seeing as we cleared it all up. if you want me to i will.

i also explained to mel that he woke up as they went by him. so i didnt feel the need to edit that either. but i will if you wish it of me.

at this point Ian is fully aware for the betrayal. and is not aware of those downstairs.

Edit: nor is he aware of the spiders effects on kaetons mind. infact he knows nothing more than what he saw from the time they woke him by passing  him to the time he blacked out again.

Stygian

Bam, I'm afraid you're mistaken. The library is quite a bit away from the current drama.

Angel

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on September 14, 2007, 11:42:57 AM
Ian and Ketefe shouldn't have known at all about Keaton, nor should they have seen her yet.  Not unless she ran well ahead of the other villains.  And she hasn't said she was.

Sorry. I had thought that Keaton was on the lower floors when she ran up the stairs. I'll edit my posts.

EDIT: There. I think that should do it.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Stygian on September 15, 2007, 04:54:33 PM
Bam, I'm afraid you're mistaken. The library is quite a bit away from the current drama.

That, and Bam shouldn't have been able to hear her anyway...
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

The Castle now features its own introductory picture. Check it.

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=2196.msg90770#msg90770

True, I didn't make it, but it was too awesome to pass up on.

llearch n'n'daCorna

ooo, pretty.

I've always felt I should have a study up the top of a tower somewhere, so I can look out the window. And, of course, what do I end up with? A bench in a basement. Ironic, no?

Prof B Hunnydew

Sorry, I will fix my post.....but just a question? 

Where are the other invades near the combat or wandering on their own?

PBH

llearch n'n'daCorna

Styg, I'm sort of feeling glad I didn't take your offer and join in, just now.

Hope that's ok with you. ;-]

Stygian

Oh, come on. It's not that frightening. They only want your sweet, precious soul.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I can't figure out what they want with this dirty rag, but if it's ok with you, there's just a -little- much running in various directions for me to start up another party as well - after all, two parties of PCs and another one or two of NPCs wandering about the Castle is probably enough so far.

While -you- might be ok with it, I have a few other tasks that are taking up my attention. ;-]

Stygian

AAAAAAAAAAAAH PIME TARADOX!

Aisha deCabre

Oooookay...split much?   :erk
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Sunblink

WTF IS GOING ON NAO? :< :< :<

~Keaton the Black Jackal apologizes for this spammish post

llearch n'n'daCorna

Sorry, sorry. You guys posted while I was busy tidying up.

My bad.

I shoulda started by locking the thread, or something. :-/

Erm. I -think- I've put everything back where it should be. Is it all sorted, now? Or is there still some problem?

if we're all sorted, I'll put an entry into the first post linking to all the other sections of the thread, in the Treasury...

Mel Dragonkitty

Does it have to be in so many tiny parts? It kind of minimizes all the work we put in.

llearch n'n'daCorna

tiny? there's 300 posts in each.

you guys are just so talkative, and all. :-P

(there's a sortof informal policy to keeping things small, but I guess I can merge it into 600 or so each. *mutter*)

Edit: There. Is everyone happy with that, now? ;-]