Take the time to read through the archives of a few of your fave webcomics

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, February 12, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damaris

Don't worry, llearch is still worse.  You can feel better about that. ;)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on February 14, 2007, 12:13:21 PM
I've read through many, many webcomic arcives X.x

The list of comics I read on a regular basis is up in the twenties.... I think I have a problem >.<

twenty?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

*giggle* only *snort* twen*giggle*ty? *chortle*

Thanks, Jim. I needed that :-) For those keeping count, I'm up to 230. Plus the ones I check on a monthly basis....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kitsune Ascendant

73, here.  I have them all nice and tidy in a bookmarks folder. And I don't expect it to be too long before it tops 100...
actually, it's at least 74, plus a possible few that may have gotten lost from the original list...
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Jim Halisstrad

I retract my previous statement :p

I think I lost track on how many comics Llearch reads around 200 or so.

llearch n'n'daCorna

hey, there's handy counts at the top of each segment, and there's a HR every 5 comics... it shouldn't be that hard to count, should it?

*grin* Organization rocks. In fact, I'm pondering database structures for creating a webpage to list them in a "here's the ones for today" way...

Destina Faroda

How the heck can you check that many comics?

I only look at five comics on a regular basis

CVRPG
DSWC
Misfile
Sorcery101
8-Bit Theater

Part of the reason I read so few comics is that a lot of comics I used to read, like Vote Apathy, Bad Blood, and Reploid Hunter Iris, Tale of a Tactician, either came back from hiatus not too long ago or are on hiatus or we while others like My Brother the Angel and Spritescape Fantasy just don't update very regularly.  Also, I can't take more than five comics.  How do you appreciate the artwork, layout and writing of each comic you read?  I know I don't fully appeaciate those things with what little time I spend reading my regulars.

So what do you do?  Do you read a comic a minute then go to the next site?
Sig coming...whenever...

llearch n'n'daCorna

open them ten at a time for the daily/mon-fri ones. Read one, close the window, move on. The mon/wed/fri and mon/fri ones I have in 15's...

I read fast. And many of the webcomics out there, the art isn't anything to write home about - although I'll admit I try to avoid those ones. Most of them, the story is what I'm there for - and in that case, once it's read, I remember it, so there's no need to stay there staring at dodgy pencil drawings, now, is there?

... I'll admit, with some of them, I'll come back half a dozen times, grazing over the art, though. :-)

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Xuzaf D

I only read the webcomics directly relating to this forum. I only started reading DMFA after the merge to figure out why people like it...

...I'm still searching for the answer there... :mouser

Yugo

I think I might reread through The Adventures of Dr. McNinja again.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon on February 14, 2007, 06:12:02 PM
He really just skims them all looking for bewbs.

Well, obviously. Why did you think I came back to those ones that I come back to? ;-)

Turnsky

i'm sad, i go through the archives of my own comic all the time... if only to get that color shirt that i can't seem to remember... >.>

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Darkmoon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 15, 2007, 06:23:24 AM
Quote from: Darkmoon on February 14, 2007, 06:12:02 PM
He really just skims them all looking for bewbs.

Well, obviously. Why did you think I came back to those ones that I come back to? ;-)

Damn, it's a good thing Mab drew those bewbs in CVRPG that one time...

Amber Williams

*puff puff* I heard something about bewbs?

Oh wait...CVRPG bewbs.  I really should draw some of those. :B

As for comics read, I need to upgrade my links page(which is actually just a modified version of my bookmarks folder)  There are a few comics I need to add/remove...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Kitsune Ascendant

another technique for reading a bunch of comics is to simply have them all bookmarked in a single folder in firefox, and then right click the folder->open all in tabs. close each one as you read it. I can get through the updates of all 75 (tacked on two more, and I'll have at least another two before the end of next week minimum), in just a few minutes.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

llearch n'n'daCorna

The issue with that is Firefox tends to choke if you have more than 15 or so in each folder - depending on your bandwidth and latency to the average site. Since I'm over the ditch from most of them, that's what I find...

~45 minutes to read all 230 or so.

ITOS

I personally like it when the comics I read have feeds. It's faster to load and it marks the ones with new content you haven't read.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Darkmoon

llearch n'n'daCorna

ITOS

I used to have a program a friend of mine created but at the moment I'm trying out IE7.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Zedd

Darkmoon

Destina Faroda

Sig coming...whenever...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Meh. No too bad. Pity about the sluggish loading speed, and the large image size.

Darkmoon

Aridas

I wasn't going to touch it either. Does that make you feel worse?

Darkmoon

Kitsune Ascendant

Hey lleach. It occurred to me that, given your large number of webcomics, you might have heard of a few that I lost.

there's a sonic one. I don't remember much, but there was a point where sonic was in some sort of space station and there was a pokeball on a pedestal, and a few comics later there was a pikachu that he was trying to catch or something. I think one of them called the other a bitch, but I can't remember which one.

there was a mega-man one. again, I really don't remember much, but there was this one where zero said "I thirst for the blood of the ancients".  it was on a website with at least two other webcomics, at least one of which was another sonic comic.

then there was this one that followed chao in a fighting tournament.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I don't know about the first two, but the last one sounds like Angry Zen Master. http://angryzenmaster.com/

It's moved on a bit from that, though...