Take the time to read through the archives of a few of your fave webcomics

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, February 12, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune Ascendant

right now, I'm going through the ozy and millie archives. next, I'll probably do either el goonish shive, dmfa, or bob and george.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

King Of Hearts

Ive already rummaging trough the DMFA and Sluggy archives... or rather... drowning in the sheer volume.

Turnsky

going through sluggy's archives? see you next month, then.  :P

i rarely go through the archives of a comic lest i REALLY like them.
i've done DMFA.. and a few others.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

ITOS

The annoying thing with reading through a +800 pages archive is that it makes me loose focus on real life until I'm finished.

That's no problem during weekends though. Archive marathon For The Win. :D

*skips downtime and stays up till 04:00*
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Alondro

It takes me about 3 entire days to get through the Sluggy archive if I do nothing else.

I've at least once been through the archives of every comic I read.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tiger_T

I'm just glad I read through Kevin and Kell four years ago. :rolleyes

Some of the one-gag-a-day comics I don't bother reading through the whole archive.

The most recent one I re-read was the Freefall archive.

And parts of DMFA - whenever one links to a page of it. 8)
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

bill

I think the most insane thing I've ever done was read through the entire Irregular Webcomic archives. That was kinda nuts.

Zedd

Aisha deCabre

I always read through the archives before starting on a new webcomic.  Only DMFA and the main three on RHJunior webcomics have made me read through each and every strip at least three times.

The "Warrior for Hire" arch is still my favorite, too.  :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

bill

Tiger_T

Quote from: BillBuckner on February 12, 2007, 03:20:24 PM
I think the most insane thing I've ever done was read through the entire Irregular Webcomic archives. That was kinda nuts.
T'was fun. 8)
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on February 12, 2007, 05:08:36 PM
I always read through the archives before starting on a new webcomic.  Only DMFA and the main three on RHJunior webcomics have made me read through each and every strip at least three times.

I never went through the entire K&K archive, but I think that's the only exception.  Everything else I've decided is seriously worth reading, I've read the entire archive and usually dumped it to disk as well for further study / preservation.

DMFA is unique in that it's the only comic I've read backwards.  This was in actual fact before I was properly hooked on it, and I was trying to find a particular strip which I'd spotted by accident.  Even after I'd written a little program to retrieve the entire strip archive from 0-520, I still couldn't find the damned thing.  (It was this one)

QuoteThe "Warrior for Hire" arch is still my favorite, too.  :3

I'm tied between 14, 16 and 19.  WFH is good, although it's not one of my absolute favourites.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

TheGreyRonin

Dialup. Five minutes per page.

In spite of that, though, I've been through all of DMFA, Jack, CVRPG, and Sabrina Online. Partway through Catharsis now.

bill

Oh yeah, Jack took the better part of a day to do, and I can remember very few details. Which might be a good thing.

TheGreyRonin

*chuckles* I often have worse things than Jack running loose in my head. And a day? Took me nearly a week.

TheGreyRonin

*considers breaking my personal no-smiting rule for those who have decent internet connections*

Tapewolf

Quote from: TheGreyRonin on February 13, 2007, 01:04:09 AM
*considers breaking my personal no-smiting rule for those who have decent internet connections*
Heh, I was on dialup when I read through the entire archives for DMFA, Gaming Guardians, and SSDD.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

King Of Hearts

Quote from: BillBuckner on February 12, 2007, 03:20:24 PM

O god, now that was another all nighter for me... but that's the only way to read it, being bombarded with puns to get the mood going.

okay... now Im going to start re-reading 8-bit theater and Bob and George.

Darkmoon

I haven't read through the entirety of CVRPG... ever...

I did just read through xkcd, though.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

I did.

... but then, I -was- testing the code.... :-)

I've read the archives of every comic I read. Is anyone scared yet?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Damaris

Same here, although I'm only reading five right now.

Although I'm horribly behind on one of them.  I shall be smited by the author, I'm sure, since they know who they are.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Zedd

I wonder if I mentioned my favorite one next to DMFA and Jack combined....Mobties!

Darkmoon

Quote from: Damaris on February 13, 2007, 02:03:25 PM
Same here, although I'm only reading five right now.

Although I'm horribly behind on one of them.  I shall be smited by the author, I'm sure, since they know who they are.

Obviously it's not me, since I MAKE you read mine regularly.

Damaris

I think you only do that because I kept forgetting to read it on my own :p

I don't think I've read about twenty from when I was sick.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

Destina Faroda

I usually only rarely archives for comics I've already read, although I have went through the archives of CVRPG on occasion.  After all, if the comic has a bunch of readers and a viable discussion board, usally, many of the archived comics will come up for discussion.  In addition, these days I never read archives of more than say 100 comics for comics I have never read.  After all, if the author has a 100 comics, then the author doesn't need my readership and I'm less inclined to give my time to something that couldn't use an extra set of eyes.  As a result, I only tend to pick up newer comics or comics that don't have large archives.
Sig coming...whenever...

Jim Halisstrad

I've read through many, many webcomic arcives X.x

The list of comics I read on a regular basis is up in the twenties.... I think I have a problem >.<