IMPORTANT NEWS AND INFORMATION!!!

Started by Damaris, January 11, 2007, 06:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damaris

If all goes well, we will be performing normal system upgrades early next week- don't be alarmed if the forum goes into maintenance mode Monday or Tuesday.

The upgrades will likely take only a few hours, and hopefully we will have all of the bugs worked out prior to the actual upgrade, meaning no broken bits!

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

.. or, at least, not broken for very long. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

RJ

Shweet! Unless it breaks down, of course. Then I'll be a sad squirrel.

Gabi

Thanks for the warning.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 11, 2007, 06:56:17 PM
.. or, at least, not broken for very long. :-)
You can always count on llearch to add that line. :D
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hiya, all.

The forum upgrade went smoothly, and took approximately half an hour, as mentioned, rather than the upwards of 1-2 hours expected/feared.

You guys shouldn't notice a thing, mostly. There are a couple of minor details that should be broght to your attention.

One, Damaris mentioned, which was the personal options changing - there are now a few extra options, one of which has defaulted to on - that being, "Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply."
This shouldn't affect anyone, apart from those actually using notifications. Note that this should probably be left as it is, unless you have a good reason to change it.

Two, there are a couple of new themes in the themes collection, and the default SMF theme has been updated. However, we haven't updated the DMFA or Inverted Dungeon (forum default) themes. Yet.

Watch this space. Or, indeed, almost any other space, since we'll try to keep you updated when we do make changes. For the moment, we're going to drop back and play about on the test forum, so don't hold your breath.

Aridas

I'm going to assume you've noticed that people (or at least just me) can't use the "mark as read" button in the forums without an error.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Please, don't. I never use that button, so...

I'll have a look and see what's changed with that.

Gabi

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah.

The default theme (and classic, and babylon) now use a sesc variable - the old code didn't.

So, for the moment, that functionality is broken. As is the jump-to-new-posts feature. :-/

Whilst I don't use the former, I -do- use the latter, so I now have a(nother) strong incentive to get the other half of the update sorted out.  :-)

I'll do what I can, but there's upwards of 4 copies of 4000+ lines of code to sort through, and they've changed from using tables to using divs, so it's not exactly straightforward.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Aridas: Try that.

If it works, let me know, and I'll roll it across the other themes.

Aridas

DigitalMan

I... don't notice anything different :B But with 4000 lines of code, I'm impressed nonetheless. Especially since it works.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I hacked two lines, not the whole 4000. :-)

I've now put that into the Inverted Dungeon, Gardens, CVRPG, Cursed Prison, and Banquet themes.

Any further bugs anyone might notice, please let me know :-)

Tapewolf

I see that the profiles can now be viewed without logging in.  Good stuff - it makes the links within the Wiki work :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tiger_T

QuoteLlearch wrote:
You guys shouldn't notice a thing, mostly.

Mostly. Pah! What I noticed is that the default theme for the forum still hurts my eyes. And from that it dawned to me that I must have been logged out. After changing that the theme is back to it's former color-fame. Yay.

You want to error-review? Can do that. >:3

I can't applaud nor smite. I get an error screen instead.
QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.
[edit: Logging out and in doesn't help either.]

Also: I can't use the "Insert Quote" button from the Topic Summary below the posting screen.
I get the following error window:
QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the 'quotefast' template.

Oh, Can you change "An Error Has Occured" to "A MoW chewed on this file" or something? :P >:3
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

llearch n'n'daCorna

ok, applauding and smiting I'll ignore for the moment.

The inserting quotes, I'll look into.

The Mow Chewing, probably not. I -may- look into it for the DMFA theme -only-, but only after we get the rest of the upgrades sorted.

Darkmoon

When you're on the front page of the forum, you can't Mark as Read the entire forum...
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Aridas

Gabi

And the FAQs button on the forum header leads to...

Warning: main(faqs.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/damaris/public_html/main.php on line 53

Warning: main(faqs.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/damaris/public_html/main.php on line 53

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'faqs.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/damaris/public_html/main.php on line 53

Damaris

Tapewolf, I'll be breaking that for you again.  I don't want people's e-mails being harvested.  Sorry!

Llearch, I'd give you karma, but since it's broken... ;)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

xHaZxMaTx

The 'Mark as Read' function isn't working. :<
Quote from: CMFSession verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Damaris on January 16, 2007, 05:31:49 PM
Tapewolf, I'll be breaking that for you again.  I don't want people's e-mails being harvested. 

Fair enough.  That's actually one of the reasons I pointed it out here.
While it's handy for the wiki, it seemed worth making people aware of this so anyone who didn't like it could object.  I'm assuming that the ability to see the birthdays in Guest mode is related to that effect as well?

..and presumably you can't modify the code so it shows the profile but censors the address if you're not logged in..?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Damaris

It probably could be done, but I really dislike guests having access to profiles.  It's a personal preference thing.  Honestly, I'm uncertain what information is on there that is necessary for the wiki, though...

Castle Pokemetroid

I think you need to fix the spell checker. It is very blank when I use it and gives me no results.

Very, bad, since I'm bad at spelling. Lucky I have a hand spell checker though . . .

llearch n'n'daCorna

markasread on the front page - fixed.

FAQs - I'm gonna leave that as noncritical, and come back to it later.

Haz: Uh. Which theme are you using, and are you talking about the front page, or within a specific board?

Castle: Ah... I'm gonna leave that one. I suspect the problem is the names of various things have changed, so I'm gonna update the code (rather than insert a quick hack, as the other fixes have been) and come back to it, ok?

And Damaris - there's nothing critical, but several people (myself included) have linked back from our wiki profiles to our forum profiles. Being aware that you must log into the forum to see it would be something useful to add to the template on wikuwiki, though.

xHaZxMaTx

Heh, I was going to quote you, llearch, but apparently that isn't working, either. :rolleyes

Anyway, I'm using the New Classic theme, and I'm talking about for specific boards.

Damaris

I fixed the birthday issue, and broke the profiles for the poor Wiki people. (and that makes more sense- I was very confused about the whole thing previously)

llearch n'n'daCorna

The, ah, New Classic one is -slightly- different to all the others. So I can't fix one file and then upload it to all of them, as I did with the others.

Given there are a total of 3 people using that particular theme, I'm, ah, going to politely ignore it for the moment. :-)

I -will- get back to it, but it's going to have to remain busted for the present time.

Damaris

in the meantime, we have a selection of lovely other, handmade skins that you can try! :D

xHaZxMaTx

No problem, nothing essential, just a nuisance. ;)