Travels with a Kitsune (always open) [Chapter 3: The gate of water]

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, November 21, 2006, 12:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topher chee

Topher nods to the sensei and asks, "Might I join them in your teachings?"

e_voyager

the Sensi nods. "Welcome to the class. perhaps it would be better to start with a short training spar."
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kitsune Ascendant

I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

topher chee

Topher bows in response and removes his boots, then tying up his baggy pants to his calves, in order to keep from entangling himself in his own clothing.

Snuggles

Crystal coughs again. "I will be ready as well i just need some water." He looks around for some.

DigitalMan

Whilst cruising through the commercial zone of town, DM suddenly senses the combined opportunity to be convenient, gather battle data, and possibly be an ass, all at once.

Mere seconds later, DM's camouflage-clad arm is offering Crystal a pinkish smoothie, as he sips on a red one himself.

e_voyager

with a nod and a jest the school clears the sparing floor.  the sensi then  signals for two o his students to come forth. on of which he ask to fetch waters and refreshments. the other he asked if he would be willing to spar with one of the new arrivals. the answer was affirmative. her introduces the student a young K9 named Winston. "Miss Moonsoul this is one of my best students of the current class;. with he still needs work on his hand to hand skills and intuition he has a good grasp of chi control and power. he is willing to spar with you and demonstrate the phantom star in practice. i ask you two not to underestimate each other."
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kitsune Ascendant

*Moonsoul takes another few deep breaths, focusing her chi and entering a state of mind that was good for observation, then steps onto the sparring floor, taking a defensive stance*

I ask that you strike first, so that I know if I need to limit the use of my strength.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

Snuggles

Crystal takes the water. "Thank you very much..." Takes a big drink from it then sits down and watches Moonsoul and the student start to spar. "Will it be me after them?"

DigitalMan

DM stands againts the wall near the door, arms crossed, dead-still. He turns on all the sensors and recorders in his sunglasses, while several cloaked CameraBots set up to record the entire area in full 3D, and K2 idles outside with a grander set of sensors - sensors from a world where machines can detect and measure exact energy levels, types and frequencies. If DM's own special-effects and psychological warfare techniques weren't superior to the Phantom Star, there was always that other ability he could utilize. And that was the reason he came to watch, in a controlled environment.

topher chee

Topher sat and watched the two duel.  "Yes, I'd o get a turn as well"

e_voyager

Winston nods and bows before talking and offensive position. his eyes narrow and he seeks an opening in his sparing partners defense for for he feint ans sweeping strike to her left.

Zedd

*stands there quietly watching them both battle their spar match wearing his black hat still*

e_voyager

(well it's god to see the thread is still here i was away for a few days though. and i'm, ready when you are.)

Kitsune Ascendant

*moonsoul shifts slightly, then places her hand at the edge of the foot and then flips into a hand stand, followed by pushing off winston's foot, launching her into the air and the foot into the ground, all of this happening in less than half a second*

topher chee

e_voyager

Winston feels the push and he watched her somersault away he felt a large about of Chi found in that simple touch. concentrates his own chi the  seems to vanish as he runs to the side the other the sparing area and  attacks his arm advancing on her then at the moment of contact it seems to vanish with out touching her and a second strike lands beneath her guard.

Kitsune Ascendant

*somewhat surprised by this sudden burst of speed, moonsoul concentrates her chi into a near-body shield around the area of impact, then pushes it away from her. backflipping into a low crouch, she then begins tapping into her own body's natural speed, removing a few of the limits she normally placed on herself*

was that the phantom star? or was it something of a lower level?

*moving so fast as to disapear herself, moonsoul leaps at a low angle towards Winston. planting her left foot firmly, she translates the forward motion into a swift leg-sweep. without bothering to wonder if the sweep connected, she plants her right foot, she then continues to use the momentum to pivot a swift kick to the chest. again, she uses as much of the momentum as she can, shifting into a handstand-spring  into the air, coming down with a near vertical kick again aimed at the chest.*

Snuggles

Crystal watches carefully at the moments and motions of each combatant. Even when they move faster then most could see his eye dart around to where they would go and so fourth. He also takes another drink from his cup of water.

e_voyager

even though he managed to doge the first sweep Winston was caught by the second one and it's force throwing him back. it felt like being hit by a sledgehammer. He tried to stop himself but could not as he felt a pair of arms catch him. "sensei?" "That's enough Winston." "I know she's stronger then be but" "Winston that kick. i know you tried to dodge it but it fractures a few of your ribs." " I  understand Sensei."   Winston turns to Moonsoul and Bows. he feels the pain as he does and realises his sensei was right as much as it pains him to admit it even to hm self. "Yes miss Moonsoul that was the phantom star and at the same time it is not. despite my Sensei's kind words i am not the strongest one here. at my current level i can only generate the illusion." "Winston over simplifies things." But where i stronger then i could make the illusion real. i know i could." The sensei shakes his head"  "Winston got to the nurse" .the wolf nods and leave in out history only two people have unlocked that power. one of which was my grandfather."

Kitsune Ascendant

actually, if you would stay winston, I am a master of certain healing arts, and I don't like leaving those I spar with in pain. that is, if you have no objections to me healing you.

Snuggles

Crystal looks up from his cup to see winston move on to the nurse. "That was pretty intruging and you say this is the phatom star... I mean the illusion of the phatom star?" Takes another sip of the water in his cup.

e_voyager

Winston stopped at the door. "you can heal?" the father of the sensei  face took a look of interest. " Self healing is not unheard in warriors but to be both a warrior and  able to heal others is quite a feat miss." Winston had returned . his ribs were starting to hurt but he was  more curious then in pain. " i would be both honored and grateful for your help miss moon soul."

Kitsune Ascendant

*moonsoul places her hand lightly on Winson's chest, and focuses on the structure of the ribs, shifting the broken bones back to their proper places and then mending the bones and surrounding tissue.*

there. good as new.

Kitsune are, for all intents and purposes, immortal. having lived for over two milenia myself, I've had plenty of time to learn many different arts, including healing.

e_voyager

Winston breath deeply. the pain was gone. "thank you miss." privately he thought. two thousand years?  wow. my oldest friend is not even 300 yet.  he bowed to his master and when  to take his  seat watching the class visitors with the rest of the class. the elder and the sensei nod apprising their visitors . sensei with a new appreciation for their strengths. " at such a level there is little if anything that i can show you that you have not seen before. " he smiled

Zedd

You know its all a good thing or two you know when to use your ablitys Moon

Kitsune Ascendant

you might be surprised. If there's one thing I've learned in that time, it's that there's always something to learn.

e_voyager

The elder smiled. "indeed for even the wises of us still have much lest to learn. " you always  say that father" " and it has always been true. anyone who truly understands life mus realize that there is much that  they do not know. there is so much out that those who wish to understand must never stop learning"

Zedd

*chuckles* Well its good thing I am on your good side

Kitsune Ascendant

*nods to the elder*
yes, never stop learning.
*turns to the sensei*
I am ready to learn more of this phantom start technique.