Travels with a Kitsune (always open) [Chapter 3: The gate of water]

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, November 21, 2006, 12:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune Ascendant

earth... that's definately an earth I haven't been to, and let me tell you, I've been to more than a few dimensional variants of that little blue-green ball of fun... but this seems oddly familiar... Well, that's definitely on the list. if no one has any objections or other places they'd like to visit now, I think that will be our next destination.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Zet

*Wakes up in a tree branch* Did I miss something? *grabs the branch with his tail and hangs upside down over where everyone is sitting*

e_voyager

E nods. "yes that makes sense as most earths have a common history up to a point. of my 600 earths catalogued only on around 30 of them did the dinosaurs survive to present day."
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Snuggles

*Yawn* "So this earth thing,... I am in. I think i will stay with you guys until i can get back to my own world" He takes the food that is offered to him and starts to eat.

Zedd

Well this sounds like a fun trip...Im still wondering how long its been

Kitsune Ascendant

Alright. Barring any objections from topher when he wakes up, we'll be heading for this earth.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

e_voyager

E nods then disappears into and column of energy as he crystallizes the a copy of the information and  the power need to reads it for a groups of 20 into something that looks like a jewel.. he gives this to Moonsoul. "it's not quit a data crystal not quite a teleportation  jewel either but it will work as both if you wish"
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

DigitalMan

DM shakes his head in disbelief.

"An Earth, without the Metal Empire? Preposterous! I absolutely must see it to believe it."

e_voyager

E chuckles.  there are many Earths without metal empires my friend. this one used to have a habit of being blown up every other decade ore so but i think that it may have grown out of it by now as they broke the reset button so to speak

Kitsune Ascendant

*looks over to tophar*
still sleeping. 'tis okay, I like sleeping in sometimes.  At this point, I think we should give him another hour, then if he's still asleep we'll just let let him sleep through the transfer. in the mean time, It's near lunchtime, so what do people want?

Snuggles

Finishes up eating. "All right if i have an hour i would like to practice my air element. Yell at me when were ready." And with that he moves into a different clearing and the wind picks up after a while of him being a way.

Kitsune Ascendant

not a bad idea, snuggles. I haven't done any serious training in quite a while. 

*moonsoul steps over to a clearing. sitting down, and crossing her legs, she takes a few deep breaths, then carefully draws some of the natural energy that permeates most spaces, surrounding herself with exactly seven small spheres. the spheres begin orbiting her at seemingly random paths. all are at a constant speed and distance from monsoul, and it soon becomes clear that they are under careful control as they never intersect and soon their trails begin to form various symbols. this is obviously an exercise in control.

Zedd

I'll just watch and speculate...I so like good training match going on...Its not least boring one bit..Heehee

Kitsune Ascendant

*Moonsoul reaches her hand out, palm up, and the lights condense towards it, forming a crystal. she stands and sets the crystal down in front of her, and then steps back. she conjures a rune inside the crystal, and it floats up to about chest level and is surrounded by some sort of energy in a featureless humanoid shape. the training golem takes a fighting stance, as does moonsoul. a few seconds later, a dance of blows, counterblows, feints, dodges, and shows of many complex martial arts begins between moonsoul and the training golem at a speed the eye has great difficulty following*

Mel Dragonkitty

It being a warm day and Mel being a cool-seeking little ice dragon she wandered down to the lake to wait for everyone to be ready. She jumped in and floated, crocodile-like, with just her eyes and nose above water.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Snuggles

Snuggles is also doing a martial arts style but it is different. With every punch kick hand movement changes how the air flow moves around this body. The movements also also very graceful as if the air around him in not only moving around him but almost guiding the moments that he takes. After a while he finishes, he looks up at Moonsoul that is fast at the blows. "Moonsoul,... may i train/Spar with you... you said you want to learn a little."

Kitsune Ascendant

*issues the mental command for the training golem to stop, then picks up the crystal and lets it form a band around her wrist*

sure. I really don't have much of an idea of your physical abilities, though, so I think we'll start with me just defending.

e_voyager

E watched as moonsoul spared. the gollum it reminded him of someone. the name rue cam to mind but it was hazy

DigitalMan

DM jumps around excitedly. "Dood! I should train too!"

K2 looks down at him, entertaining the idea of stepping on him. "I highly doubt that Moonsoul or any of the other inhabitants would appreciate you destroying large chunks of land."

"Aww, but it's fun..." DM looks thoroughly disappointed, and understandably so, considering that destruction is what he does.

"Get to work recharging and swapping objects from the Z-Buffer. Then you'll be better prepared to do the most damage next time."

"Yes, yes, prepare for the boomies!" DM jumps and crosses his legs in midair, landing on the ground in that position. Though a creature of incredible intellect, he doesn't use it much, and his short attention span is quite apparent.

Snuggles

Snuggles goes up to Moonsoul and takes his right hand with his own. He bows to each shoulder then puts his right hand outstretched. "It is our custom to spar with a handicap to both people and a little bit of weight added on." And with that he controls the air above them to put more pressure on both of them. It is about 10-15lb. more but Snuggles seems to be unaffected by it "Shall we begin?"

Kitsune Ascendant

ooc: you have me a bit confused with that last post there, which makes me wonder if you have my character's current gender confused. Moonsoul is a she, remember?

not really a handicap for us, but I suppose it would best not to overdo it to start with. *shifting her weight subtly onto the balls of her feet, lowering her body slightly, and raising her hands to protect her body, moonsoul takes a defensive stance* I am ready.

Snuggles

ooc: Yes that was it i am sorry =v-v=... Anyway back to sparing. I think that you are also confused at the handicap is working... The 15lb. of pressure and the fact he hasn't let go of you right hand.

Snuggles is pretty fast even under the 15 more pounds that he is under. First the left hand in rapid succession a few times then a roundhouse kick above the hand using the right hand to balance on her right hand then come sweeping under her to take out her legs.

Kitsune Ascendant

ooc: the 15 lbs was what I was refering to in my previous post I had missed the part about the arm.

*moonsoul deflects the jabs with her left arm, then steps in, causing the roundhouse to go wide and lose most of its energy. the sweep appears like it is about to connect, when moonsoul moves with lightning speed. in the blink of an eye, the sweep is stopped cold, and moonsoul has snuggle's ankle in a firm grip.*

I must say, I'm not used to this particular form of handicap. Given this, I think it might be a bit limiting in terms of mobility for training use. 

Snuggles

Snuggles looks surprised for a moment at how fast she was. "That was nice" and before Moonsoul knows it she is holding nothing but air and now on the ground. "Well my people always found it better to train though experience of battle not just training the style." He pulls up on his hand to help Moonsoul back you. "Would you like to try a harder handicap?"

Kitsune Ascendant

let's lose the handholding. I think I have an idea for a different handicap, though. let me know if it's too much.
*moonsoul closes her eyes and concentrates. a ring of runes appears appears around snuggles and moonsoul, large enough for a good sparring match. the air quickly seems to thicken, taking on the restrictive elements roughly equivalent to water* or not enough.

Snuggles

Snuggles looks at moonsoul. "One i think it is not enough if we are both going to battle in." As he raises his arms at normal speed almost unhindered and his breathing is normal. "Second what is these rings?"

Kitsune Ascendant

the ring is simply the method for controlling how resistive the air is to swift movement. if you have a suggestion for a second handicap, I can not think of any others at the moment.

Snuggles

Well we could always tie are hands or legs or something. 

e_voyager

E laughs and odd sound  as his  soundtrack had not booted up yet. he wiped a nonexistent tear form his face." this sparing is about skill not power right? so why not use temporary seals to lock a portion of you power away?. "

DigitalMan

Hearing E's suggestion, DM gets an idea. More specifically, an idea that does not involve mindless destruction, blackmailing the forces of evil, or playing Smash Brothers.

"You know, if you'd like a sparring match devoid of magics and the metaphysical, I can help with that."