Travels with a Kitsune (always open) [Chapter 3: The gate of water]

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, November 21, 2006, 12:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topher chee

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel saw that the party was over and found herself a nice cool spot for a nap.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

e_voyager

E smile as he sees everyone safe. he Had a lot of memory for the past few hours and though he would remember mot of the the regardeless  he takes this time to shout down and run a few system tools on her memory as they others sleep.( i E he's pretty much sleep as well)
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

DigitalMan

DM sits leaning up against the Berserk Führer's foot, a wire plugged into the side of his sungasses. While his body rests, his mind works on programming tasks and parsing collected data.

K2, not being capable of nor requiring rest, functions as a lookout.

===OOC:===
Yay, I didn't miss anything!

Snuggles

Quote from: topher chee on December 09, 2006, 11:26:08 AM
<READ!!! IMPORTANT NEWS>
(OOC:Now that most of the commotion is over, this would be a good way to probably end the chapter and get that Illustration done.  Unless of course, someone has something planned....)

(OOC: I am thinking that it is a very good timing to get this done now before we go on.
Just a thought)

Zedd

*resting peacefuly abit as his mind paces with his hat over his face abit*

Kitsune Ascendant

[ooc: if I could get character profiles from everyone, I'm posting them on the front page. post them here if you want to , or pm them. also, I might be starting an ooc topic for this. might not. I'll decide later. ]
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

topher chee

Name: Topher Chee.
Species: Mountain lion/Kangaroo rat.
Race: Elemental (Fire).
Sex: Male.
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 150
Fur Color: Creamy, light brown.
Head fur and Tail: Messy brown hair, black stripe.
Eye Color: Dark brown.
Martial status: Single...?
Personality: Clumsy, humorous, open.
Likes: Rain and reading, hanging out with friends, adventures, applesauce.
Dislikes: Crowded areas (claustrophobic).

The race I belong to is called Elemental. Here's info done in Demonology format since everyone is used to that around here.

General traits:
•   Magical powers related to element
•   Transformation form
•   Various markings based on bloodline
•   Average life span: 75 - 100 years.

Inventory:
•   20 pounds of Thallium, (used as multiple weapons.  He can shape it any which way h likes.  Most commonly uses a staff)
•   10 gold coins
•   Hammock (folded into a sack to carry other objects he finds interesting on his travels)
•   Compass
•   Maps of local regions
•   12 Doggy treats

General: The elemental race is made up of four, or perhaps more, different races that all share similar properties, though differ in their individual powers. Elementals are creatures that associate with an element of nature, the primary four being fire, earth, water and air. In normal form, they appear to be average beings, but some of the more eccentric elementals will blur the line between their normal and "tapped" form. Tapped is the term used for an elemental that is in his or her transformed state. The elemental becomes wholly like the element he or she is associated with, so a fire elemental will be made of pure fire or an air elemental will be a wispy tornado. Most elementals retain their normal body structure when transformed, but they may also change it to suit their needs. 

Each elemental shares a deep connection with the element of their bloodline and at the same time are negated by their opposite element. More experienced or aged elementals can pull from the surrounding environment to add to their own power while in transformed, and the greatest are able to take advantage of the pinnacle of their element.

Elemental societies are sparse, but where they do exist, they are always found near the element that makes up the community; for example a village of water elementals would live near a seaport or large lake. It is very rare for opposing types of elementals to live together due to indifference in the past, but some have managed to keep a peaceful bond going. It is because of this fact that some new elementals are emerging, causing both controversy and praise from the elemental community as a whole. For most, living among beings fits just fine, as most people rarely see elementals in their tapped form, and elementals hardly need to ever transform while living peacefully.

History: Elementals have been around since the creation of nature, though it has only been relatively recent that elementals would walk among normal people. For the longest time, elementals were a xenophobic collective and only kept relations with other types of elementals, though these were mostly hostile. It is thought that elementals were originally created to keep watch over the balance of nature, each tribe assigned to a different element. Regardless of their origin, elementals have always had differing opinions on what is balanced and what is not. The crux of "balance" has been the reason behind many a conflict between elemental tribes throughout the years.

About a hundred years ago these tensions boiled over into the greatest clash between the four primary elemental tribes and many were killed because of it. In the end the damage was so much so that the newer generations began to move away from the deeply rooted cultural ties to their tribe either due to disgust in the pride of it all, or simply because their village elders had been killed and could not pass on the lore of the tribe.

Strengths: In normal form, an elemental is able to command a simple array of spells associated with their element, the choice to either develop these into dark or light is entirely up to the preference of the elemental. While in tapped form, the elemental is able to manipulate their brand of element almost completely. For example, an inexperienced or young elemental of earth would be able to lift up rocks and rubble from the surrounding area and hurl them at a target, while the most experienced of earth elemental would be able to raise pillars of earth from the ground to destroy buildings. Tapped elementals may also draw power from their element of birth to restore health or missing limbs.

Weaknesses: In normal form, an elemental is as powerful as your average being. While this varies on how savvy the elemental is with training and such, they do not have any inherent defense against the mundane or magical. Admitably an elementals tapped form allows them a variety of power; it can almost spell their downfall if they were ever to encounter their opposing element. For example, a fire elemental in tapped form would take massive physical and mental damage from being dunked into a river, and would eventually revert to their normal form in a comatose state, or worse. Minor interaction with opposing elements poses no danger, but it makes the elemental very irritable. Again, the example of a fire elemental walking in the rain would render his head a migraine.

Just in case you guys didnt know about this whole elemental deal

Kitsune Ascendant

[ooc: I'm going to be out of town for a few days, in a few days. anyways, I'll be starting the second chapter when I get back, or shortly thereafter. If I have time tomorrow, I'll be creating an ooc topic for discussion, charachter bios, chapter descriptions, stuff like that. otherwise, that will also be waiting for when I get back. merry christmas and happy holidays, everyone!]
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

e_voyager

Name: E, Ê ,Ĕ or Σ
Species: humanoid Robot /  anthro wolf / winged wolf when merged.
Race :unknown energy being
Sex: Male.
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 420
chassis Color: Black with purple trim
hair color: light purple
Eye Color: changes with vision modes default is purple.
Martial status: unknown
Personality: confused, helpful, hidden darkness.
Dislikes: feeling powerless, being useless,  waking up after a lapse of self control to a neo Armageddon. .
Favorite Quote: it really doesn't matter (who/what )you think I am. All that really matters is that you know I am

General traits:
•  Energy manipulation
•  Weapon copy ability
•  transmutation
• super science
•   Average life span: unknown current age 30b years.

Inventory:
•  8 stored default weapons with slots for up to 3 weapons
•  6 sub tanks for energy restoration
•   robotizor belt ( turns flesh and blood entities into robots and vice versa. An upgraded version)
•   varies 21XX and 22XX upgrades
•   spare bodies. ( no one seems to know how many)
•   Gospel ( a loyal wolf companion)

much of who and what E is revealed in it internal conversations with the other entities within himself.

Mel Dragonkitty

Rrrrr!!! The dragon hates to be categorized. But here goes...

Name:  Mel (P. Melodie Icewing and she's not telling what the P stands for)
Race:  dragon (ice with just a touch of lightning)
Sex:  female
Height:  ranges from 22' to 22" but generally around 5'0"
Weight:  ranges from 1 1/4 ton to 10lb, depending on current height
Coloration:  pearly white scales
Eye color:  bright blue
Marital status:  (Mel just laughs... with two very large overprotective brothers she's lucky to know what a male is)
Occupation:  Gatherer although she occasionally takes a century or two off to work as a jeweler
Personality:  Friendly, curious (or nosy depending on whom you ask) a tiny bit timid. Very mild tempered it takes a lot to tick her off but you don't want to be the one to hit that point.
Dislikes:  fire, bossy relatives
Skills:  ice magic, illusionist, sizeshifting, odd bits of just about every type of magic picked up over the years. touch telepath/memory reading

My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Kitsune Ascendant

(ooc: I'm back from vacation, everyone. I'll probably start the second chapter later tonight. Have the ooc topic done in a few.)

Zedd

Name: Zedd Doisona the 2nd /Markus J Gardner
Race: Huskie/Feline incubus
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 172
Martial Status: Single
Hair color: White
Eye color: Jade green
Occupation: French Teacher at SAIA/Winemaker/Adventurer hunter(At times)
Personality: Calm at times andcan be abit quick to action at times But just dont make him upset cause of a secret of his deeper self
Dislikes: Bossy people,tight hats,and being alone..
Skills: Hand to hand skills,sword skills,transformation and most magical skills

Kitsune Ascendant

[ooc: thanks for the character descriptions everyone. anyone who hasn't posted theirs yet, please pm them to me or post them in the ooc topic.]

*soon, it was morning. Moonsoul was the first up, always an early riser. she quickly found a few eggs of a common bird to cook, and as soon as she got back a small skillet appeared in her hand. starting a fire and taking some of the leftover meat from the feast to use for something bacon-like, she quickly had breakfast ready for everyone, as they each woke up. she ate lightly, knowing that it would probably be after lunch before they went anywhere*

Zedd

*sits up and cricks my neck and streches softly* OOooh i had a werid dream like I was sleeping on a tree....What time is it moon?

Kitsune Ascendant

about an hour after sunrise. Your breakfast is over there.

DigitalMan

DM peers out from behind the leg of the Berserk Führer, an energy cannon in his hand at the ready. He sneaks along, performing a dodge-roll behind a rock. He points the cannon around randomly in the direction he came from, and surveys the area once more.

At once, he shouts and charges into battle, lunging at his unexpecting breakfast. In mere moments it has all been devoured; a few mere crumbs tell the tale of the devastation that unfolded. Having defeated the greatest opponent he'd faced all hour, he crosses his arms and nods.

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel is awake and watching the silliness. "If you like I can throw the toast in the air so you can say you caught it."

Kitsune Ascendant

good morning, dm. I must say, I haven't seen an apetite like that since my visit to ravenon. Good morning to you too, mel. While we're waiting for the others to rise, how about we discuss plans for our next stop.

Snuggles

Snuggles wakes up in a weird position. He is floating in mid air but when he fell asleep he was on the ground.  He shrugged it off and floated back down to the ground.  *Yawn* "Hello, and good sun to you all... How is everyone doing?" *Yawn*

Zedd

I was hungry..I guess I have to eat the tradional way...*as his tummy turns and growls abit*

e_voyager

E having been alert for a few hours smiles wearyingly at their play. he  stood and walking into the sun his metallic armor gleaming. in a day ore too he'll need to spend a day in the flesh ore  shut down some this his body can preform it's regularing cleaning and degaussing  of his power and weapon systems. he disliked them both but this was life ever since he became then entity that he was.

Kitsune Ascendant

Well, I think that's most of us, 'cept topher. Now, like I said yesterday, we can always head to planet Zi. I've wanted to get an upgrade for my shadow fox. Beyond that, I'm open to suggestions.

e_voyager

Kitsune Ascendant

We can hit any time period we want to. in the last few times I've been there, it was shortly after the death stinger fiasco. I picked up my shadow fox the first one, and a second one I picked up some other things of interest.
I think if we went again, we should hit it during new century zero's time period, but that's me.
but other options...
lesee. Haven't been to the gryphon sector since trent hawkin's days, and I've been looking for a new spaceship.

but I'd really like to visit a place I haven't been before. at least not in a few hundred years.

e_voyager

E sighed. he hated tome travel he really did. it was almost always a nuances to him. being blames and attacked for things he had not not or at lest not done yet. meeting children that have not yet been more only to find out that there mothers were 2-300 hundred year s in either the future or the past. this was not something that he liked still he too it in stride. "okay if you say so i just hope this turned out without violence like what was called for at our trip here"

DigitalMan

DM sits down and pulls out his pocket computer again, maximizing the holographic screen. He brings up all the information he has on Planet Zi, which is quite a lot.

"If we go there, we're definitely going to want to avoid the part where the third moon blows up, around ZAC 2055. I think most of the interesting stuff is after that anyways. And of course when the planet's axis shifted sideways it left everything in a mess for about a thousand years. While I'd be interested in picking up some Hell Armor and Metal Zi, for your upgrades I suggest going before that time period."

He sets the computer to work on figuring out the exact dates.

"As for anywhere else, it's all fine by me, as long as it's exciting."

Kitsune Ascendant

hmm. I'll keep it in mind, but like I said I'd like to visit somewhere I haven't been in a while. E, you sound like someone who's been around a lot of places. Got any in particular you'd like to visit?

e_voyager

E chuckles. well there is always the digital world but i suggest we stay a little closer to our shared reality. e begin to project a glaces star map that whirs with increase speed as it zeros in on a planet in the milky way.  e toggles the display and several thins standout including the lack of a moon. the display seems to accelerate ad the place glitched a fer times and the moon reappears. . how about this earth here?  it is 23 years after there last major incident and all of our kinds including robots and dragons a know here. i would recommend avoid this area here thong. " he says indicate what looks like  rural japan. " it's a nice place but the dinosaurs can be a bit much for those that aren't used to them and i wish to avoid harming them as well."