15/09 go dan!

Started by Jack McSlay, September 14, 2006, 10:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: thegayhare on September 15, 2006, 02:56:39 PM
case in point when dan was orriginaly preparing for this as bouncer and body guard he took no pains what so ever to look remotly like merlitz.  So why would abel?

Because it's funnier? :-)

Quote from: Alondro on September 15, 2006, 02:50:20 PM
Ya, that'd be the one.  :3  I didn't have the time too search the archives.  I'm doing hearing tests on mice...  :B

Neither did I. I searched the scripts instead. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tiger_T

Quote from: chaotik on September 15, 2006, 05:55:52 AM
:meh

ha ha ha. once again what is supposed to be a competant, good-aligned adventurer not only gets to adventure, but once more gets completely humiliated and emasculated.   AGAIN. the whole 'cubi acadamy thing was bad enough, but this is past funny and ridiculous and bordering on obscene.  i mean, just because the artist of the comic is a female doesn't mean the male characters should be the consistant butt of every joke or humiliating incident in the entire fragging series......between Dan and Jyrras,  just about the entire comic has become the oh-so-witty or cute females making the males look like imbiciles, whether they be physically-oriented adventurers, or incredibly proficient, intelligent scientists.  While I like amber's art, and have generally enhoyed her comic, she REALLY needs to let up on the male-bashing, it's getting old.
Welcome to the forum. As others mentioned, Everyone get's his/her part of 'bashing', so I don't aggree with you. Anyway, I'm curious what'll happen next.
With Amber, it might as well be that the whole charade might get a smashing success. Expect the unexpected. :mowwink
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Aridas

Alexsi never said she needed merlitz specifically. Just a guard.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 15, 2006, 03:51:08 PM
Alexsi never said she needed merlitz specifically. Just a guard.

We don't know what she told the reporters.  She went absolutely ballistic when Merlitz left, so it's quite possible that she told them security was provided by the amazing fireball-casting Being, or something equally specific to Merlitz.
Maybe they also want to interview him about the Human he saw..

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Drake Manaweilder

That or send him to an insane asylum. If seeing humans is enough to get you kicked off of an adventuring group, then odds are they'll have a hayday with him being a bouncer at a lost lake.  I can see it now:

"Insane Pyromaniac Guarding Local Bar"

Not exactly the publicity Lex would want.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Lexsi starts frothing at the mouth at the thought....

*giggle*

Of course, that presumes that she gets free of Biggs - not much of an ask, sure, but I'll bet you he had that goon with him, too. Or two.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drake Manaweilder on September 15, 2006, 04:10:06 PM
I can see it now:
"Insane Pyromaniac Guarding Local Bar"
Not exactly the publicity Lex would want.

Heh.  I was thinking it was more like seeing a UFO, or a ghost or something.
"And finally, Merlitz Meshiako, bouncer at Lost Lake, claims he actually saw a Human.  Tell us, Mr. Meshiako, what did it look like?"

By the way, you might want to use the lovely quote system that the forum provides :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Drake Manaweilder

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 15, 2006, 04:14:27 PM
By the way, you might want to use the lovely quote system that the forum provides :P

Bite me, I leave my mind in my locker back at school. :mowtongue

llearch n'n'daCorna

That's ok, I'm sure we, on the whole, don't mind....

*snicker*

rt

Well since no one else mentions it ..  :mowdan very nice wing shot in the last pannel  :mowdan .

Quote"Insane Pyromaniac Guarding Local Bar"

:laugh :laugh

Alan Garou

Quote from: Roureem Egas on September 15, 2006, 12:10:04 PM
Quote from: Alan Garou on September 15, 2006, 08:44:26 AM
Well, I hate to say I told y'all so, but MY PREDICTION WAS RIGHT!
All steam ahead with my  :mowdanielle theory! Woot! :woot

Who are you and what are you talking about?

Darn me and my tiny mind. I can't think of anything to put in.

#1 My name is Alan Louis Garou, #2 I am new here, and #3 I was
talking about this
Quote from: Alan Garou on September 13, 2006, 09:25:02 AM
I have a decidely evil theory as to how  :mowdan is going to get to the wedding. As we all know, cubi's shapeshifter abilities include the ability to shift gender. And since Dan is so adamant about going to save Alexsi, he may be willing to endure such a humiliating disguise to achieve this goal. What if, to help Dan out (or to just get rid of him for a while), Abel teaches Dan this trick, and off to Twink territiories heads the semi-new character Danielle.  :mwaha
:yeahthat

ShiningShadow

Let's see it would be down right funny. Imagine the thing will go wrong on the spell having Dan with Breast one second and *POOF* there gone. One word *LAUGH RIOT* well actually two word that's splitting hairs here........

Zedd

Come on..If the bouncer casts flamies....Beware or be burnatied!

Roureem Egas

Then your prediction did not yet in any way come true at this point, Alan. Abel did not teach Dan how to shift gender and I doubt he ever will. And with Wildy's arguments it doesn't seem likely that Dan will be able to go, though I'm certain he'll try anyway.

chaotik

well, no support for my opinions..not that i expected any. still, it'd be nice to have dan and the other male characters be something other than punchlines or vents for peoples' "bishi" cravings. ah well.

Amber Williams

I'm not really sure what good support for your opinions would do. It's like calling out the sky for being blue.

Am I aware of the possible issue?  Why yes I am. I have been since the end of the SAIA Academy when it was first mentioned.  And while I didn't do a whole arc just for them, I thought the mall arc was a nice contrast from the beat-down of the previous arc. (Other than Alexsi being fierce, Dan getting beamed by a falling sign, and Jyrras kinda spazzing.)

But it doesn't mean I am going to scrap every future joke that puts Dan or a male character in an offbeat situation.

Another thing to note, and this is somewhat key, and that is the girls aren't getting by scott-free.  This supposed immunity has drawn its own criticism in that most the female cast seems to be very flat and lacking in personality depth.  If they even show up at all...and in terms of fan-complaint...the fact Mab has her name in the title yet hardly shows up in comic takes the largest sum.

You have a valid concern. I dont necessarily agree with all parts of it, but I am aware of the opinion.  However, I have no intention of pulling a complete 180 out of the blue.  If/when changes come, they will take time.  And they will come of my own decision.

[edited cause I type suck]

Alondro

*Charles thinks*  Well, it could do with the fact that Dan is an idiot most of the time, Jyrras over-compensates for his tiny size with big machines, and Abel is still living through his early-life trauma. 

A few females have issues.  Aary has had problems, and I'd wager her break up is going to lead to something eventually. 

Kria has a potentially major foil in Jy-Jy's and Lorenda's almost-a-relationship, and I see trouble brewing should she happen to discover just what the diminutive inventor has been putting together.  She has a duty to the council, yet loves her daughter and has the hots for Jyrras.  How will she deal with what she uncovers?

And then there's Fa'lina, on the outside cool and composed, but I'd wager she has a truly wicked inner core, rotten and full of worms!  And her link to Dr. Ink... something fishy is going on there, I'm sure of it! 

And Mab... well... still no luck with the porcupine...  :mowhappy
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Sienna Maiu - M T

Yay! More crossdressing for the win!

However... I don't believe that Alexsi would really wear pink. Oh wait, there is that bathrobe. hmmm...

Zedd

Well Charles...I can outstand you that your half right with the porcipine take a look at King of hearts art sometime ;3

Kenji

Quote from: Alondro on September 15, 2006, 10:48:42 PM
And Mab... well... still no luck with the porcupine...  :mowhappy

She should totally douse one in that hair softening shampoo.
And Dan should be happy! Why, this is all just another excuse to train in high heel shoes.
And to feed his secret crossdressing addiction. Can't forget that.

Gabi

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on September 15, 2006, 11:16:37 PM
Yay! More crossdressing for the win!

However... I don't believe that Alexsi would really wear pink. Oh wait, there is that bathrobe. hmmm...
I think Alexsi can wear any color she wants to and still manage to look fierce in it when she gets mad.

I agree with what Amber said (not that it would make any difference, but I like to say what I think); I would like to see more of the characters who tend to fade into the background/foreground/elsewhere, but I think the continuity of the story is more important. It wouldn't be nice if she broke the flow of the comic in order to move the spotlight from Dan to the others. Maybe it would be nice to see more flashes of what the others are doing while the plot focuses on one character (like the horde scene, that was really funny), but not, like Amber said, a 180° shift.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

llearch n'n'daCorna

For the Horde!

*giggle* indeed, that one was classic. I think the look on Amber's face was what made it, though...

Alan Garou

Quote from: Roureem Egas on September 15, 2006, 09:50:41 PM
Then your prediction did not yet in any way come true at this point, Alan. Abel did not teach Dan how to shift gender and I doubt he ever will. And with Wildy's arguments it doesn't seem likely that Dan will be able to go, though I'm certain he'll try anyway.
Actually, it seems that dan is on the cusp of having to either learn to change gender or at least cast a spell to make it appear so. This is the part of the theory that I was referring to, not the part about Twink Territories.

thegayhare

personaly I don't think abels going to haven much to do with this situation.

I think he's going to be hiding and Jyrras and Lorenda are going to have to help out with the bar

Jyrras as a bartender and Lorenda as a bouncer

Reporter: A female bouncer thats unusual.
Lorenda: *growls* Are you with the magazine or can I eat you?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'd think she'd smile, not growl...

... either way, -very- disturbing. :-)

.. speaking of For The Horde, I ran across this gem - NSFW, once you catch the hint.

*grin*

luiqui

You know? I think I know what makes me uncomfortable. It's not to do with male-bashing; it's the thought that if all the characters had been the opposite gender from the start there'd be a lot more complaints. While that's more of a reflection on society, it still makes me feel uneasy.

Regarding Amber's comments: I agree, a complete turnaround would probably be damaging to the comic. But it's nice seeing you do something new. For instance - the recent situation with Jyrras and Wildy in particular was very interesting, and I felt really helped develop Wildy and Jyrass as well as characters. As such, I'm quite interested in Wildy at the moment, and having Wildy head up an adventuring group would be good to see as it allows this development to continue.

EDIT: Grammar

Zedd

So far..So good this might as well be great

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Alan Garou on September 16, 2006, 09:44:08 AM
Actually, it seems that dan is on the cusp of having to either learn to change gender or at least cast a spell to make it appear so. This is the part of the theory that I was referring to, not the part about Twink Territories.

Gasp! But Garou danielle has allready transgendered.

Now go back to the sand village from whence you came.

And as far as Daniel and Pyroduck being the same being theory, if you read further you'd see that Alexi gave Pyro Dan's old room and forced Dan into  the basement... Granted if Daniel was Lazy or something this would be entirly possible however It could be that Pyro had revealed his secret to Alexi and so on and so fourth...and that feather was kinda suspicious... and When I made my first post about this theory last october even I thought they behaved simmilarly.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Alan Garou

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on September 16, 2006, 02:31:36 PM
Quote from: Alan Garou on September 16, 2006, 09:44:08 AM

Gasp! But Garou danielle has allready transgendered.

Now go back to the sand village from whence you came.
Sand castle? What is this sand castle you speak of? I live in a cave.
Also, I did not mean crossdressing, I meant actual transgender shapeshifting. An this sort of crazy theory is what comes of re-reading the archives of The Wotch and El Goonish Shive on the same day.  :boggle

GabrielsThoughts

QuoteNow go back to the sand village from whence you came.
Sand castle? What is this sand castle you speak of? I live in a cave.

Garou (or simmilar) is the name of the Sand Ninja in Naruto
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.