15/09 go dan!

Started by Jack McSlay, September 14, 2006, 10:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on September 15, 2006, 07:05:54 AM
JP: well, Biggs didn't notice that. Either Dan is very good pretending to be a woman, or he comes across as a woman with male mannerisms... Which given Alexsi's reputation for the use of physical violence wouldn't look too off for 'her'.

Good point.  Of course he only had to fool Biggs and his staff for about two minutes... the reporters are going to be there for a lot longer, and it might be a film crew as well, I'm not sure.

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 15, 2006, 02:48:06 AM
Abel does, in fact, harbour a deep loathing for those who disguise themselves as others.
Not really. He despises those who deny their cubi heritage.

I'm not sure I agree with that.  The cast page says:
"Abel has a severe dislike of Cubi who use their abilities to assume complete alternate identies."

Now Aary went mental when Dan denied his heritage, but Abel hasn't said a peep about that as far as I recall.  He's made a few sarcastic comments ("Here be 'cubi") but he has on the whole been supportive of Dan.  What Abel seems to dislike is people who spent a normal Being's lifetime in disguise.

QuoteWhy did Wildy call Dan a being? Or is being used as a generic term for all furres?

That's what I was going to mention!  Damn.  No, I don't know why she said that at all.

**EDIT** damn nested quotes..

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ShiningShadow

Then I think It's time Dan to use his Cubi powers. He need's to be trained on the basic's asap from abel if he could pull it off as Alexi. Then
Lost Lake is saved *yeahhhhh* if not then BEATING Number 2 will occur immediately.........

Tapewolf

Quote from: ShiningShadow on September 15, 2006, 07:24:13 AM
Then I think It's time Dan to use his Cubi powers. He need's to be trained on the basic's asap from abel if he could pull it off as Alexi. Then
Lost Lake is saved *yeahhhhh* if not then BEATING Number 2 will occur immediately.........

He's learned to hide things.  As I say, he should be able to do away with his backwings as well.  When he did the Godzilla thing with Aary the tentacles were the same colour, which is why he might have to resort to dye for his hair, unless Abel can teach him that quickly as well.  Other than that and the breasts (adding might be harder than subtracting), he's not a bad match for her.

By the way, Netami, I was factoring in the 'bad report' thing as a possible future punchline  >:3  (Perhaps because I still want to see a catfight between Alexsi and Wildy)

llearch n'n'daCorna

I can see this going badly.

In fact, I can't see it going any other way....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Stig Hemmer

As a member of the male audience I would like to state that I much prefer male bashing to female bashing.  It means I can laugh without feeling guilty about it. xD

That being said, I don't find Ambers humor to be very "bashing".  She makes some fun of Dan and the other men, but it looks more like friendly teasing than bashing to me.
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

luiqui

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on September 15, 2006, 08:16:58 AM
As a member of the male audience I would like to state that I much prefer male bashing to female bashing.  It means I can laugh without feeling guilty about it.

As a member of the androgyne audience I prefer no bashing. I have felt in the past that maybe the comic was a bit male bashing but I'm really not sure how I feel about that any more - it could just be paranoia.

But I don't care right now! Cross dressing Dan! I'm in heaven :)

Alan Garou

Well, I hate to say I told y'all so, but MY PREDICTION WAS RIGHT!
All steam ahead with my   :mowdan ielle theory! Woot! :woot

Alondro

Gee, now where was that comic which applies to this scenario...  The reason all Amber's characters have a somewhat feminine appearance...  :3 

*Charline grins* Ah, Dan will be forced to use his shape-shifting ability to hide his wings.  *senses conspiracy!*  Bit by bit, he'll be incited to use his cubi abilities, until the day comes when at last he devours his first soul... Then he will be one of us!   >:3

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on September 15, 2006, 08:59:32 AM
*Charline grins* Ah, Dan will be forced to use his shape-shifting ability to hide his wings.  *senses conspiracy!*  Bit by bit, he'll be incited to use his cubi abilities, until the day comes when at last he devours his first soul... Then he will be one of us!   >:3

Evil, you mean?  Well, I hope he doesn't go that far, but this was kind of cool:
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_Fools003.php

**EDIT**
There's evil, and there's cool.  And IMHO, soul-eating is never, ever cool.

Paladin Sheppard

Amber you ebil ebil thing you!  :mowtongue

Can't wait to see how Dan does, it'll be fun :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

Gee, now where was that comic which applies to this scenario...  The reason all Amber's characters have a somewhat feminine appearance...  :3 

Uh. this strip, you mean?

GabrielsThoughts

well let's see the head wing would be enough to change the hair color.... dan already knows how to walk in high heels, He was mistaken for a girl by biggs, he was mistaken for a girl by a guy in a night club, and his closest friend was Jyrras who had seven Sisters (which in no way refrences constelation subaru) I believe with out a doubt that with all the estrogen dan has encountered  Dan could actually pull this off even without his Cubi powers.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Azlan

Dan and Abel make a very good pair, comedy-wise.  The two of them "teaming up", so to speak, would be definitely worth reading.  

I think it would be far more entertaining to see Dan doing a pure cross-dressing thing then any sort of shapechanging thing.  It just seems to have a higher wackiness potential.

---#---

All the characters are so very efeminate for obvious reasons, quoted in its comedically appropriate way above.  I find that to be one of the more endearing qualities of the comic.  I so used the slumber party line, it really creeps out my team at work...  
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 15, 2006, 09:14:09 AM

Evil, you mean?  Well, I hope he doesn't go that far, but this was kind of cool:

**EDIT**
There's evil, and there's cool.  And IMHO, soul-eating is never, ever cool.

:yeahthat

You know I forgot that one But Dan turning evil and giving in to his evil thoughts that is something we have not seen yet or scripted in the comic. Till then we will speculate more. Till our heads hurt xD xD.....

Gabi

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 15, 2006, 07:31:07 AM(Perhaps because I still want to see a catfight between Alexsi and Wildy)
Wouldn't that be a cat-ferret-fight?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: ShiningShadow on September 15, 2006, 11:46:42 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 15, 2006, 09:14:09 AM

You know I forgot that one But Dan turning evil and giving in to his evil thoughts that is something we have not seen yet or scripted in the comic. Till then we will speculate more. Till our heads hurt xD xD.....

I doubt it will actually happen, at least during the lifetime of the comic.  Maybe when Dan is a couple of thousand years old he might have a change of attitude, but at the moment he is even more frightened of becoming a monster than Abel, and Abel hasn't gone on a rampage as far as we know.  (In fact, if his parents were murdered, that'll probably put him off doing it for eons).

But fan-art of Dan losing control is kind of fun.

Quote from: Gabi on September 15, 2006, 11:55:00 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 15, 2006, 07:31:07 AM(Perhaps because I still want to see a catfight between Alexsi and Wildy)
Wouldn't that be a cat-ferret-fight?
'catfight' is a colloquial term for a fight between two women.  You might already know that, I don't know how widespread it is...

**EDIT**
Attribution: The 'evil Dan' image is (C)2005 Eric Harmon.  This version is taken from my U5 Lazarus page, the original can be viewed here

Gabi

I'd heard it, but it can be taken both ways since Alexsi is a feline.

And I don't get why women are compared to cats anyway.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Roureem Egas

Quote from: Alan Garou on September 15, 2006, 08:44:26 AM
Well, I hate to say I told y'all so, but MY PREDICTION WAS RIGHT!
All steam ahead with my  :mowdanielle theory! Woot! :woot

Who are you and what are you talking about?

Darn me and my tiny mind. I can't think of anything to put in.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Gabi on September 15, 2006, 12:08:43 PM

There's an old proverb about women and cats, says something like "Women and Cats do what they want, and Men and Dogs should just get out of their way."

... There's one equally old, about Men and Weather, but, since it wasn't appropriate for the PG rating of the book I read about it in, I don't have it to hand...

Zedd

If I was fighting Dan it would be a Dog-cat-cat fight

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Gabi on September 15, 2006, 12:08:43 PMI'd heard it, but it can be taken both ways since Alexsi is a feline.

dunno about argentina but here in Brazil, gato/gata (cat in portuguese, male/female) is also used for handsome people. why, I don't know either

btw all this talk about pyroduck being a disguised cubi is forming odd mental images, which can be easily described by
"Furformers: cubi in disguise"
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Nikki

*envisions the next strip* 0w0 SQUEE!

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Taross

Looks like it's time for a music montage comic where Abel teaches Dan everything he needs to know in only a few easy scenes...

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Gabi on September 15, 2006, 12:08:43 PM

the answer lies in this riddle "curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back" and that is why women are compared to felines, there's a whole book about this theory and everything... why men such as myself are compared with Canines has no proven answer.  

as far as the comic goes it would be funny to see Merlitz or even Aary show up while "Merlitz Rewanz" and "Danielle Ti'fiona are showing off the Tavern.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on September 15, 2006, 02:00:16 PM
as far as the comic goes it would be funny to see Merlitz or even Aary show up while "Merlitz Rewanz" and "Danielle Ti'fiona are showing off the Tavern.

If that doesn't happen, I'm sure it can be arranged :)

Rowne

Whilst my other theories might not have been correct, I have this sneaking suspicion that the one regarding Dan being mauled by somebody will.  Mauled or set on fire, at least.  Still, I would've liked to see what Jyrras could've and likely would've done with drinks-mixing, that would've been a recipe for explosive humour, to be sure.

Actually, thinking of Jyrras, is Dan going to end up with either a gender-bending patch or is he perhaps going to use shapeshifting magicks?  He has to fill out that pink dress somehow.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Aary coming for a visit, to see Merl?

... just to drop more mess into the mix...

Zedd

Im quite surpized what ever might happen

Alondro

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 15, 2006, 10:35:06 AM

Uh. this strip, you mean?

Ya, that'd be the one.  :3  I didn't have the time too search the archives.  I'm doing hearing tests on mice...  :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

thegayhare

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on September 15, 2006, 02:00:16 PM

I already said this once but I'll say it again

WHY would Abel feel the need to imitate Merlitz to play the bouncer.  there is no sense to it.  He was a bouncer. Do you think Alexis used him as a selling point?  All the magizine people will care about is weither there is or is not a bouncer on hand.  The personage of merlitz is not in and of himself important for the smooth running of Lost lake.  His position as bouncer and body gaurd how ever is. so he himselfdoes not have to be the one doing the job. 

case in point when dan was orriginaly preparing for this as bouncer and body guard he took no pains what so ever to look remotly like merlitz.  So why would abel?