2013/12/09 [TanP #45] - Execute the Traitor!

Started by Eboreg, December 09, 2013, 06:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eboreg

I don't know about you guys but if I were that guard, I'd have no doubts about which "traitor" to execute. (Let's see, my charismatic recruitment officer and right-hand man of our great leader, or a psychotic upstart who just barged in and took over?)
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

joshofspam

Quote from: Eboreg on December 09, 2013, 06:54:34 PM
I don't know about you guys but if I were that guard, I'd have no doubts about which "traitor" to execute. (Let's see, my charismatic recruitment officer and right-hand man of our great leader, or a psychotic upstart who just barged in and took over?)
I wouldn't have any doubts either.

Though I like how this page also is showing that point that cubi are for the most part terrible in a fight. Just look at them go. Are we sure the gaurds havent done anything simply because their waiting for something to tear or simply waiting to see how escalated this will get?  >:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Yes, the one big problem with this story is that it happened in the past.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tapewolf

You know what?  I think I missed a trick there, so I'm tweaking the dialogue.  Sorry for the retcon, folks.

For the curious, the original version is here: http://projectfuturecomic.com/strips/azrael/azrael45-old.png

ZacAttac21

I so confused. Whose guards are they? Page's or Siad's?

joshofspam

Quote from: Raxuno on December 10, 2013, 03:32:28 AM
Page's.  Definitely Pages.

She just managed to squeeze her way in when the few people that could stop her were gone.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: joshofspam on December 10, 2013, 04:22:14 AM
Page's.  Definitely Pages.

She just managed to squeeze her way in when the few people that could stop her were gone.

So...she's mind-controlling them?

joshofspam

Quote from: Raxuno on December 10, 2013, 04:29:01 AM
Quote from: joshofspam on December 10, 2013, 04:22:14 AM
Page's.  Definitely Pages.

So...she's mind-controlling them?
Not mind control, more likely fear and manipulation of sorts. Maybe a bit of using her powers to amplify that fear. It's unlikely a single cubi could outright control that many.

Also the fact that she doesn't most likely eat, sleep and reads your thoughts with a large assortment of shapeshifting, magic and pointy sharp wing blades make her a not so easy person to just overthrow without a little bloodshed. Chances are that there were more guards, but she killed them as an example to the other guards to stay in line or she'd do the same to them and worst to their families.

Tapewolf

Yes, mostly it's been intimidation, but you've also got interesting possibilities like her murdering and impersonating those who were holding the fort in Page and Jakob's absence.