2013/11/07 [PF #288] - Better protect that warranty

Started by Eboreg, November 07, 2013, 09:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eboreg

I just love how Yak(ovlev) and Co have effectively brought Keaton to heel. Nothing is going to make you protect someone as much as being completely dependent on him for medical care. I mean, yeah Keaton is a nearly indestructible robot but something like that still requires a regular maintenance schedule and some occasional repairs in case something goes wrong.

On that note, I just can't wait to see Keaton do some Terminator style fighting, 'cause throwing someone into a wall is so much more hardcore than tentacle slashing.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Eboreg on November 07, 2013, 09:23:26 PM
On that note, I just can't wait to see Keaton do some Terminator style fighting, 'cause throwing someone into a wall is so much more hardcore than tentacle slashing.

Particularly when the tentacle slash bounces off the armoured frame. Or, like, removes the head but doesn't stop the robot from continuing the fight... not that Keaton's frame is built that way, mind. At least, not as I understand it...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 09, 2013, 07:18:41 PM

Particularly when the tentacle slash bounces off the armoured frame. Or, like, removes the head but doesn't stop the robot from continuing the fight... not that Keaton's frame is built that way, mind. At least, not as I understand it...

Another thing to take note into that is how much Jakob and Daryil put thought into the limiters they put into their androids.

Just because it's harder to kill a person with a robot body, doesn't necessarily mean it's safe to remove all ability for one with an android body to defend themselves and that could go as far as needing to take a life. So it should be interesting to see how much thought went into those limiters.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Eboreg

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 09, 2013, 07:18:41 PM

Dangit, now I want to see Android Keaton and 'Cubi Keaton fight each other.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: joshofspam on November 09, 2013, 11:15:49 PM
Another thing to take note into that is how much Jakob and Daryil put thought into the limiters they put into their androids.

Just because it's harder to kill a person with a robot body, doesn't necessarily mean it's safe to remove all ability for one with an android body to defend themselves and that could go as far as needing to take a life. So it should be interesting to see how much thought went into those limiters.

I was under the impression the limiters were set to "people who work for The Firm", rather than people in general. I suspect the other people poking their faces into the facility deserve everything they get.

I don't know if Jakob would agree with me, there, though - given his history, I suspect not.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 10, 2013, 07:31:45 PM
I was under the impression the limiters were set to "people who work for The Firm", rather than people in general. I suspect the other people poking their faces into the facility deserve everything they get.

By default, yes - otherwise Dorcan would not have been able to kill the mayor.  I'm not sure they have a 'master plan' with regard to the safety limiters in the future - but given the still-experimental and still-secret nature of the work, it's a very handy feature to have, at least to begin with.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E