12/21/2012 [PF #240] - It's worse than I thought

Started by Eboreg, December 20, 2012, 10:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eboreg

Seems like Keaton is going to be needing a lot of therapy sessions. This kind of paranoia is not good for anyone. I guess I should have seen this coming, Keaton was already getting a bit too paranoid when Daryil ascended and he was probably messing with her just for kicks. She also grew up in the school of hard knocks and always expects the worse because it's what everyone around her did. I bet Jakob is really glad that he put in safety interlocks and is probably thinking about slowly backing away. I mean, sheesh even Oswald wasn't this paranoid!
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

joshofspam

I wonder if she's still awake or if she got so riled up that internal safeties activated and shut down her brain before she blew a fuse?

Is it possible to cause system errors from to much mental distress in ones mind?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on December 21, 2012, 01:18:06 PM
I wonder if she's still awake or if she got so riled up that internal safeties activated and shut down her brain before she blew a fuse?

Is it possible to cause system errors from to much mental distress in ones mind?

She's lost all muscle control.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: joshofspam on December 21, 2012, 01:18:06 PM

Blew a fuse, sure, but doesn't deactivate the brain. Just disconnects it from hurting anyone.

Which strikes me as a little horrific, really - consider a situation in which an android type person goes to sabotage the air system, and gets locked down. Locked into their own brain, with no control, for the long weekend until someone wanders through and locates them again. Or a week's vacation. Or the next time the three-monthly HVAC filter check goes through...

Sensory deprivation is an awful thing to do to a body. That sort of lack of control can drive people insane (seriously - loss of motor control does interesting things to people.)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 22, 2012, 04:07:41 PM
Sensory deprivation is an awful thing to do to a body. That sort of lack of control can drive people insane (seriously - loss of motor control does interesting things to people.)

Since it's a safety feature it's liable to set off an alarm as well.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 22, 2012, 05:28:42 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 22, 2012, 04:07:41 PM

Since it's a safety feature it's liable to set off an alarm as well.

You'd hope. Otherwise that could be downright dangerous - you could end up with a psychotic in control of that much indestructibility...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears