2015/06/19 [DMFA #1583] - Doomed home town

Started by MT Hazard, June 19, 2015, 05:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

It seems likely that Cyra's family were hit by the blast wave when she took out M'chek, apart from Dest of course, who was likely away a school. Given the lost, the new found power and many of her kin dying in the war I'm surprised she still has her sanity, she seems more stable than her daughter at least.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on June 19, 2015, 05:46:24 AM
It seems likely that Cyra's family were hit by the blast wave when she took out M'chek, apart from Dest of course, who was likely away a school. Given the lost, the new found power and many of her kin dying in the war I'm surprised she still has her sanity, she seems more stable than her daughter at least.

Possible, but it seems more likely to me that she'd get her family to leave when she was actually going to take him down, since if she failed they would not be safe from his vengeance there.

Also, when she spoke to Dan, she was describing losing her descendants one by one, presumably as they were assassinated by the Dragons or their allies.  (p1215)
EDIT: ...or even other 'Cubi who blamed her for starting the War...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sofox

Ah, the old trick of covering up a big deception by an easily discovered little deception. I called it "big lie, little lie"

And yeah, I'd love to see Amber stream; I've seen one or two other artists stream (even bumped into a few other DMFAers there), and it has been a lot of fun.

Delian Williams

Quote from: Sofox on June 19, 2015, 09:01:23 AM
And yeah, I'd love to see Amber stream
Seconding this. Even if it's only streaming the sketching or digital part.

Depends on how comfortable Amber is with streaming. You can always bring in someone else to lighten
things up via shared streaming (e.g. littletales does that), live guests (e.g. peterandcompany),
pets from hell (both previous examples) or skype guests (most everybody else).

Updates on Mon and Fri would probably mean teeming streams on Sundays and casual ones on Thurdsays.
May be more difficult to bail out on Sunday... I wouldn't overrate it though, as long as it's not commissions.

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Lying Foo

Ah, the old trick of covering up a big deception by an easily discovered little deception. I called it "big lie, little lie"

"It's a blindfold kick back kind of game called the Kansas City Shuffle / Whereas you look left and they fall right into the Kansas City Shuffle..."
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

joshofspam

Hmmm... I wonder if we'll see some differences in story here from the story Cyra told Dan about it?

Of course Cyra's story was short and to the point. So I'm not expecting much variance and more filling in the blanks. One thing I do wonder is how M'Ckek's soul stealing fits into this and the war?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

thegayhare

ohhhh ohhh wild speculation time.   

do you think Destania might be M'check's daughter?  stemming from the relationship that won her favor?

joshofspam

Quote from: thegayhare on June 19, 2015, 12:45:30 PM

do you think Destania might be M'check's daughter?  stemming from the relationship that won her favor?

Actually, that's a very interesting idea.

Abel said the city's destruction happened around seven thousand years ago. And Zezzuva did say Destania live over seven thousand years of unwarranted cruelty to others.

Usually the stronger of the parents wins out in a child born of a cubi/creature hybrid... Then again, wasn't it mentioned somewhere that soul eating might have damaging properties over generations for the diner?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

ZacAttac21

If that were the case, Dee would probably be a Dragon, not a 'Cubi.

HaDDea

So, Cyra was a chief admin over Hishaan before her attempt at Ascension? Man, that makes the outcome all the more bitter: I wonder how many friends she managed to accidentally vitrify.

Here's a question: why was M'chek soul stealing? I mean, dragons are supposedly able to live for hundred-thousands to millions of years, and have no peers in magic besides other dragons and the Fae. Was he an Old dragon, and thus trying to extend his life? Was it just a vanity thing? What did he need all that energy for??

Kibin

Random plot twist: Because of Cyra's clan leader origin, it turns out Dan can turn into a dragon!

...probably not, but would be cool. *totally not a fan of dragons at all nope :ninja*

Jasonrevall

And yeah, I'd love to see Amber stream; I've seen one or two other artists stream (even bumped into a few other DMFAers there), and it has been a lot of fun.

I'd love to see you stream Amber it'd be a blast! One thing about streams is that its a nice place for the community to get together and have fun and chat. I go to several streams currently and I've met some awesome friends while attending them :3 In fact I run into Turnsky in one from time to time.

Don't be shy to show off your arting skills to everyone, we'd love to see it.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

thegayhare

Quote from: CubiKitsune on June 19, 2015, 01:40:27 PM

ohhh but if Cyra was preggers when she tried to eat the dragon that influx of power might have tipped things in the cubi development stages...  Plus Destanias intense hatred for dragons might stem from knowledge of a draconic parent.  no one loathes like a self loathing cubi

Tuyu

Quote from: thegayhare on June 19, 2015, 04:04:52 PM
Quote from: CubiKitsune on June 19, 2015, 01:40:27 PM

ohhh but if Cyra was preggers when she tried to eat the dragon that influx of power might have tipped things in the cubi development stages...  Plus Destanias intense hatred for dragons might stem from knowledge of a draconic parent.  no one loathes like a self loathing cubi
Or maybe that Destania chooses to look like her mother than her father.

Fluffy said pairing with a more powerful species usually results in non-cubi offspring. And that there were exceptions.  Maybe soul-stealing could be a factor.

And dragons have two native forms.  Maybe a dragon-cubi hybrid can literally be both, on rare occasions.

Famout

So happy no scene change, and very interested to see how this story goes. Would also like to know what Cyra's view on past events might be.

As for streaming, I steam games twice a week myself and would not mind offering any tech advice to help it get up and running (although sounds like there is more then a few techies around here already!) If you want to mostly just focus on the art, but show off the process I would recommend something simple like this which is far easier with less tech problems to worry about then going live. Still lots of options if you want to stream live for software, setups and so on, so if you do move ahead with it I am sure there is many things that would fit your style!
It feels odd not having a fuzzy avatar picture around here....

Eboreg

Ahhhh! Feudal power politics. Love 'em or hate 'em.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Lego3400

Quote from: Kibin on June 19, 2015, 01:48:14 PM
Random plot twist: Because of Cyra's clan leader origin, it turns out Dan can turn into a dragon!

...probably not, but would be cool. *totally not a fan of dragons at all nope :ninja*

That would explain the dragon heads on Dan's wings. It's stated only clans with leaders have heads on their wings...

Cassi-kun

If Dee were part Dragon I don't think she'd have been allowed in SAIA during the Dragon-Cubi wars, especially as she'd be identified as The Enemy by many clans who were only even there because of the war.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Shadowdancer

Quote from: Cassi-kun on June 21, 2015, 04:05:27 AM
If Dee were part Dragon I don't think she'd have been allowed in SAIA during the Dragon-Cubi wars, especially as she'd be identified as The Enemy by many clans who were only even there because of the war.

Before the last few episodes, I would have agreed with you, but Mabs has painted a very different picture of the Fa'Lina in the last few episodes. Instead of a wounded, neutral facilitator of the cubi race, we have an indifferent mastermind, and I am starting to think she may be willing to break her neutrality for a bit more than just  :mowcookie muffins.

I'm getting the vibe that while she maintains and orderly and neutral academy, it is her place, and she will do as she d* well pleases. And if she fancies breaking/bending the rules,  :mowdizzy too bad for anyone who gets in the way.
The most powerful magic is just a distraction.

FoxFeather

I have to say it, Cyra looked absolutely adorable before she became a clan leader =D

Tarakona

Quote from: FoxFeather on June 21, 2015, 11:18:19 AM
I have to say it, Cyra looked absolutely adorable before she became a clan leader =D

Yes indeed! I also think M'Chek is a particularly handsome dragon, and probably makes a drool-worthy biped when he changes forms. Not that I spend my time wondering what sort of "favor" Cyra had with him, especially in his bipedal form. No, of course not...    O:)

Scow2

Which is more powerful? The dragon, or the succubus who killed that dragon and ate its soul?

Aurawyn

Quote from: joshofspam on June 19, 2015, 12:16:16 PM
Hmmm... I wonder if we'll see some differences in story here from the story Cyra told Dan about it?

Can somone point me to the Strip number that starts Dan's Conversation with Cyra?

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aurawyn