12/30/2011 [DMFA #1273] - It was under the sink.

Started by joshofspam, December 30, 2011, 12:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

"And when he collects all seven the dragon will descend from the sky and grant him a wish."

That's a rather interesting the way that Alexsi was raised. It explains further, her skills in a fight just as well as having Destania stepping in as her mom when she joined the family.

Though if Ducky's flash back was any indication, asking for a glass of water could have been a feet in itself or a riddle to follow said glass. *Shruggs* Really not sure which.

Hope your over the hump Amber and feel better soon.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

lilpuppy23

Wait... wouldn't a sink be a "spring controlled"? I don't think the ball was under the sink...

Also, that flashback was hilarious and adorable :D

AmberCross

She meant a stream that is controlled. As in a stream of water from your tap that you can control. Not a controlled stream that is diverted to your plumbing. Of course we're talking about phoenixes, riddles, and prophesy type stuff. These things only ever make sense in retrospect and even then is technically arguable.

On a side note, I love seeing various characters as kids. It's always ridiculously cute for some reason.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Good to hear Amber is back on her feet.

And no, asking for a glass of water would be fine. Actually _obtaining_ a glass of water, though, would, as you say, be a feat to challenge the gods themselves. ;-]

Also, Alexsi looks cute in panel 2.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MT Hazard

So 'union rules' even cover children in their care?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Turnsky

lies: the ball was under the proton pack storage.  :P

the streams, don't cross them. :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

I'm slightly surprised they have sinks in their temple, if the phoenix oracles are millions of years old or something.  Evidently not traditionalists...

And kid Pyroduck looks awesome.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

justacritic

And people wonder why Pyroduck is so (confusing, mysterious, evasive, take your pick) With a childhood like that, he probably picked it up from his phoenix aunties

Ross

God I love the expressions in this comic.  Especially Alexsi's in the last panel.  Just the perfect amount of amusement for Pyroduck's deadpan response!  :mowhappy

I agree with the above posts, these are definitely good insights into how Alexsi and Pyroduck grew up (and how it influenced their natures).

On a side note, I wonder how many other lost possessions of young Pyroduck clutter the dark corners of Phoenix temples....

lilpuppy23

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on December 30, 2011, 01:25:22 AM
Wait... wouldn't a sink be a "spring controlled"? I don't think the ball was under the sink...

Also, that flashback was hilarious and adorable :D

EDIT: Never mind, Amber's title was the answer. It was the sink. I wonder if it's still there?

Gabi

On the bright side, Pyroduck must have become quite good at solving riddles. Except for that one, evidently. And yes, he was cute. Still is in my opinion, just in a different way.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Alondro

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Naldru

I personally wonder if a number of the instruction and installation manuals that I have suffered through were written by Phoenix Oracles.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.