02/01/2012 [DMFA #1274] - Getting to the point

Started by Tapewolf, January 02, 2012, 04:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

No, he really doesn't wear it quite as well as Dym or Mink.  Congratulations on the cameo, by the way...

As for Amber changing the update frequency, that's great... if you can do it.  But if it's better for you, stick with two a week...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

And all the fan girls wonder if those kilts are being worn 'traditional' style.

Poor Dan has to go though a second wardrobe montage.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

D'ymkarra

*Bows humbly to the mighty Mrs. Williams* SQUEEEEEEEEEE!

"Okay, that's out of my system.."

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 02, 2012, 07:10:44 AM
And all the fan girls wonder if those kilts are being worn 'traditional' style.
Only a certain mare knows for sure *ahem*  :rolleyes

After the loincloth incident I'd think Dan would welcome even a 'traditional' kilt as an upgrade of sorts. The red/ yellow tartan compliments his own colors nicely  :eager

He doesn't seem to be minding too much..At least there are no Harry Potter references this time
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Arcblade

Not yet.   >:3

Poor Dan.  Apparently a certain amount of fancy is required for SAIA, and he just can't pull it off without help.  Better hope that robe survives intact this time. 

joshofspam

But despite that, he's continuing onward with it.

I think that's the first time since Wildy (Who was the one who gave Dan both his first and current robe) who referred to it first as a robe. At least I think it is, isn't it?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 02, 2012, 04:52:22 AM
No, he really doesn't wear it quite as well as Dym or Mink.

Mink gets away with almost anything. And D'ymkarra has the sporran accessory. This makes all the difference.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

RobbieThe1st

Hm... Does anyone else notice that Dan is standing in a plantigrade manner, while the other two are standing in a digitigrade manner?
Especially interesting considering that in the real world, felines walk in a digitigrade manner as well...

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Arcblade

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on January 02, 2012, 07:32:17 PM
Hm... Does anyone else notice that Dan is standing in a plantigrade manner, while the other two are standing in a digitigrade manner?
Especially interesting considering that in the real world, felines walk in a digitigrade manner as well...

I had no idea.  Neat!  

I did just notice that we have our third mixed-wing Cubi in canon, though.  There's Abel, of course.  Nirfy, and now D'ymkarra.  I think they're the only three in the comic so far, sans the elusive Quoar and his clan.  

Naldru

I guess the shoes are so he can practice his digitigrade stance.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Turnsky

look closer. dym's plantigrade.

and given he's a horse, you'd be going for unguligrade, anyway.  >:3

then again. work of fiction and all that.

plus we don't know what the heck mink is outside of 'squiggly'  :B

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Lore

Quote from: Turnsky on January 02, 2012, 08:38:02 PM

and given he's a horse, you'd be going for unguligrade, anyway.  >:3

plus we don't know what the heck mink is outside of 'squiggly'  :B

It seems to be completely independent of species regardless. Kria is plantigrade- DP is digitigrade (or unguligrade, or whatever).

MT Hazard

I wonder when Dan will be comfortable enough to show his head wings?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Spooks on January 02, 2012, 09:25:40 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on January 02, 2012, 08:38:02 PM

and given he's a horse, you'd be going for unguligrade, anyway.  >:3

plus we don't know what the heck mink is outside of 'squiggly'  :B

It seems to be completely independent of species regardless. Kria is plantigrade- DP is digitigrade (or unguligrade, or whatever).

I've been wondering myself what factors determine whether a character is plantigrade or digitigrade/unguligrade, and it might or might not depend on species.

For instance, Aliph Soulstealer isn't the only unguligrade equine.  Pegasus from Merlitz's former adventuring team is also unguligrade, as seen here.

The question is whether or not those characters were naturally born with a digitigrade/unguligrade leg structure, or if they altered their legs later in life via surgery/sorcery.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was body modification in DP's case.  Wildy's change of tail could indicate that such body modification is possible, although leg alteration would be much more complex than tail alteration and definitely require some degree of physical therapy and other adjustments afterwards.

When it comes to mythos, the leg structure could be anything, and it might not even be safe to consider any single character a representative of their species' body structure.
On the other end of the spectrum, some of the more specific creature species also seem to have a set leg structure, based on their demonology pages and appearances in the comic, but this could also have variation.

However, individuals of a real world animal species, such as canines, felines, bovines, etc, seem to almost always appear with plantigrade legs.  However, exceptions have appeared in the comic, not only with digitigrade/unguligrade legs, but also with the more radical taur body structure.  So in this case, it probably isn't species specific.

And those are my thoughts on the subject, and they could be way off, but I felt like stating them anyway since for a long time I've been curious about the frequency at which non-plantigrade leg structures occur naturally, if at all, particularly in equine species.

Icon by Sunblink

Lorien077

Poor Dan does not do the kilt look very well at all.  (But his musculature looks really good, nice job Amber!)  Still, cool detail with the tail hole.  Flicking up one's tail in surprise or what have you would ruin one's day if it flung up the kilt as well. 

On a side note dang does Mink have a long tail.
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/