The New CVRPG Site

Started by Darkmoon, January 24, 2011, 03:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

It's finally about ready, so I'd like you guys to go through a beta test it out, see if anything is broken:

http://sandbox.capnbells.com/

Thanks!
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

There doesn't seem to be a link to "recent updates"; is that deliberate?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

One hadn't been built, and I didn't have it in the menu... I guess I just wasn't sure how often people used it.

I'll see about getting one put back in.

Also reminds me that I need to add in the RSS button somewhere...

bradypodidae

I wandered around in it. Everything seems in order and I didn't get lost in navigating. If I can find my way around then it's probably a safe bet the majority, if not all, of the human population will be able to as well >.>

Looks nice, also.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Gabi

It looks good! I like the link to the latest side story on the right.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Darkmoon

Thanks!

Yeah, I wanted to get the comic on the front page so that people would see the comics and the news. The "Latest Sidearc" thumb was a natural fit there.

RSS link added, also.

Mao

Destina Faroda

Nothing's broken, at least it doesn't seem to be.  Looks like everything's in order.

It does seem weird to have yet another version of the bios.   I kind of miss Angel's notes in the bios, though.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Thanks for pointing those out - I'd forgotten about them. I'll look at copying those over into a real Guidebook entry.

As far as why they needed new bios: my writing style has changed and, especially with some of the really old bios, it just seemed like a refresh was in order.

Darkmoon

Okay, the Guidebook entry about the cast is up. I added in the rest of our heroes so it was a fully-fleshed out page.

Darkmoon

Okay, the new CVRPG will start its domain transfer this weekend. Hopefully by Monday it will have all settled down and the new site will be the only site.

Now to figure out just what to do with DSWC...

Darkmoon

As an fyi, the site will be up, officially, soon enough, and all regular updates will restart at that point. I'm just having issues with the domain registrar (soon to be the old domain registrar) over getting the name moved.

bradypodidae

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Darkmoon

In the mean time, I'm working on the next sidestory series right now. Once I get the new site working for the new series, I'll post the comics here as a preview for ya.

I'm thinking the update schedule will be CVRPG M-T-W-Th-F, DSWC: Villains M-W-F, new comic T-Th.

bradypodidae

Quote from: Darkmoon on February 08, 2011, 06:40:28 PM
In the mean time, I'm working on the next sidestory series right now. Once I get the new site working for the new series, I'll post the comics here as a preview for ya.

I'm thinking the update schedule will be CVRPG M-T-W-Th-F, DSWC: Villains M-W-F, new comic T-Th.

Yes, I know you have a system and experience, still, the productivity STILL astounds me. Looking forward to the new schedule and comics.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Gabi

What he said. That's a lot of comics!
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Darkmoon

Darkmoon

Oh, and to comment much later on, I want everyone to realize that I've actually been producing FAR MORE than I originally anticipated by the schedule. I have a backlog for Villains, as an example, that stretches all the way into September 2012, currently (October 2011 for the private side).

Maybe one day I can take a vacation. ;)