08/01/10 [Clans #1]

Started by Tapewolf, January 08, 2010, 03:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shachza

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 08, 2010, 10:35:34 AM
oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy >:3

I'm excited. c: This is the best thing to happen to me in the New Year.

Are you a tri-wing?  Do we get to see a Mink-sposee on Keaton?

Now I wanna' be a tri-wing too...  No!  Must remain draconic!  Grrrr!  *waits impatiently for the report on dragons*
            <-- #1 that is!

AmigaDragon

Maybe while you're at it you can help me wait for a Dragonriders of Pern movie too.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Rafe

Quote from: joshofspam on January 08, 2010, 10:15:04 AM

I bet the Liberian charges for pictures of her for this class essay.

There's someone from Liberia charging for pictures now?

Otherwise, this looks like a good one. 
And as far as I can see, Mink has no clothes, which always makes for an interesting character, as with Matilda.
Rafe

!KCA

Quote from: Rafe on January 08, 2010, 05:01:38 PM
And as far as I can see, Mink has no clothes, which always makes for an interesting character, as with Matilda.

Mink has a loincloth. That's something. And something that I'm grateful for, I might add. D:

thegayhare

Rafe

Quote from: !KCA on January 09, 2010, 12:05:43 AM

Mink has a loincloth. That's something. And something that I'm grateful for, I might add. D:

Maybe Mink usually has one, but right now, who knows? 
Go ahead and imagine one if it makes you more comfortable. 
Rafe

Aisha deCabre

...Does it make me a mega-nerd if the way Mink is detailing the report makes me kinda miss college?  :U  Darned if my essay-centered tests didn't go much like that in some cases.

Whatever, I still can't wait to see this thing. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: thegayhare on January 09, 2010, 12:37:16 AM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on January 08, 2010, 04:33:10 AM
Miiiiiiiiiink~  :hug

No my mink
*tackles*

I saw him first! Wrassle you for it. :eager  :P

(And now back to your regularly scheduled thread)
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 08, 2010, 09:56:02 AM
Apologies for the UK date format, by the way - I was still half-asleep...

You don't need to apologise for putting the date the right way around.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Paladin Sheppard

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 09, 2010, 10:12:17 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on January 08, 2010, 09:56:02 AM
Apologies for the UK date format, by the way - I was still half-asleep...

You don't need to apologise for putting the date the right way around.

Quoted for truth....Crazy Yanks needing their own date system

Shachza

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 08, 2010, 11:38:16 AM
Maybe while you're at it you can help me wait for a Dragonriders of Pern movie too.

Zah?!  That's on the table somewhere?  I wonder which story they'd start with.  How far would they go?  Would Peter Jackson direct that too?!  *teapot boiling whistle*

:explosion
            <-- #1 that is!

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Shachza on January 09, 2010, 02:43:59 PM

Zah?!  That's on the table somewhere?

Probably stuck in development. I remember seeing a brief animation test of something labelled "Dragonflight" several years ago, and I'm sure I remember a mention from Ms. McCaffrey herself at some convention (possibly the '95 Worldcon), but I haven't been able to come up with any more details, unfortunately.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Naldru

If there is a Dragonriders of Pern movie, let's home that Anne McCaffrey has a better opinion of it than Andre Norton had of the Beastmaster movies.

With regard to Mink, there is a possibility that nobody seems to have noticed.  Dan communicated with his clan leader while sleeping.  Instead of the sleeping being goofing off, it could be that Mink is going out for interviews.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Shachza on January 09, 2010, 02:43:59 PM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 08, 2010, 11:38:16 AM

Zah?!  That's on the table somewhere?  I wonder which story they'd start with.  How far would they go?  Would Peter Jackson direct that too?!

Last I heard was that there was going to be a movie or series but hollywood wanted to alter the story and the director refused to depart from the books the way they wanted and canned it.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Naldru on January 09, 2010, 07:16:34 PM
With regard to Mink, there is a possibility that nobody seems to have noticed.  Dan communicated with his clan leader while sleeping.  Instead of the sleeping being goofing off, it could be that Mink is going out for interviews.

That's an interesting idea.

I wonder if a cubi can talk with any Cubi-Leader in  their dreams, or just their own clan leader ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

A. Lurker

It may also be that Cyra simply decided to haunt Dan's dreams just then. We do know that cubi can do that -- whether they all have the ability to pester their Clan elders at will by falling asleep on the other hand remains to be seen. ;)

Bjalf

Quote from: A. Lurker on January 12, 2010, 07:53:45 AM
It may also be that Cyra simply decided to haunt Dan's dreams just then.

That'd be quite a coincidence. No, I think that Dan just showed up rather strongly on her radar after playing with Regina and Uncle Aliph over at the Soulstealer Mansion.

A. Lurker

Quote from: Bjalf on January 12, 2010, 08:13:22 AM
That'd be quite a coincidence. No, I think that Dan just showed up rather strongly on her radar after playing with Regina and Uncle Aliph over at the Soulstealer Mansion.

The point is, I think the initiative was hers. It's certainly not as though Dan had even thought of seeking her out on purpose. So while it's somewhat plausible that Cyra can contact Dan pretty much anytime she likes, I don't think the reverse is necessarily true -- and that's given their particular situation, i.e. a somewhat lonely-sounding clan leader and her apparently first grandchild in ages. It's not such a big jump to think that the leaders of bigger and more active clans may be even less accessible to just any random member, to say nothing of outsiders...

Tapewolf

It may also be that Cyra simply decided to haunt Dan's dreams just then. We do know that cubi can do that -- whether they all have the ability to pester their Clan elders at will by falling asleep on the other hand remains to be seen. ;)

I suspect that the leader can only communicate directly with other clan members, otherwise the clan war would probably have been more spam and less killing  :P

For the Cyra-Dan thing, I suspect that she simply wasn't able to do it at all before his clan mark appeared.  Remember also that Cyra said Destania wasn't able to do this because she couldn't dream anymore.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 12, 2010, 08:54:44 AM

I suspect that the leader can only communicate directly with other clan members, otherwise the clan war would probably have been more spam and less killing  :P

For the Cyra-Dan thing, I suspect that she simply wasn't able to do it at all before his clan mark appeared.  Remember also that Cyra said Destania wasn't able to do this because she couldn't dream anymore.

True, about the destania bit.
But that also implies that Destania was able to make contact before ... ie. it could have been Destania's initiative.

I think it's quite possible that it's a two-way thing.
ie. that the clan leader can talk to her clan in their dreams, but I also think the clan members might be able to contact their clan leader in their dreams as well ... well, if the clan leader accepts the contact. I think a Clan Leader could refuce such dream contact if she wanted to.

It would maske sense in a survival kind of way.
Also, since they are clan, I'd give it a pretty good chance that Minsk or Dan could make contact if they asked nicely. :)
In fact, Cyra asked Dan to keep in contact ... though she wasn't specific in what way.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

inuhanyo

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 12, 2010, 09:49:32 AM
In fact, Cyra asked Dan to keep in contact ... though she wasn't specific in what way.
Dan: So if this isn't just a dream, is there a way to get in touch with you?
Cyra: If you wish it, I will know.  Also, you have allies who will also know ways.