08/01/10 [Clans #1]

Started by Tapewolf, January 08, 2010, 03:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

And so it begins.  Do all the students get a saia.edu email address?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AmigaDragon

No internet? I guess that means a trip to THE LIBRARY. :scaredkitty
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Another interesting point is that there are 'living and inactive' leaders.  That may make Keaton happier  :P

Paladin Sheppard

Jack McSlay

he surely falls asleep fast for someone who doesn't need to sleep
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Feather Dancer

Only thing we have to worry about is Mink wall o texting his report.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Feather Dancer on January 08, 2010, 05:10:01 AM
And this is a problem how...?   >:3

Feather Dancer

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 08, 2010, 05:14:34 AM
Quote from: Feather Dancer on January 08, 2010, 05:10:01 AM
And this is a problem how...?   >:3

Wall o texting over the piccies he's supposed to include in his report too :)
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Anri

Just how long has Mink been taking classes now anyway! Or, if he keeps falling asleep like that, just how long has he been re-taking classes. :D

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tikki on January 08, 2010, 05:40:48 AM
Just how long has Mink been taking classes now anyway! Or, if he keeps falling asleep like that, just how long has he been re-taking classes. :D

Depends whether it's set in the Abel's Story era or present day.  If it is present day, he's probably doing the Abel trick of staying because he can and this is another one of those crappy little side modules you have to do to make up the hours.  I'd say he might be an academic but then he'd presumably be researching something specific.

D R Dracowolf

Am I the only one that feels the first panel looks as if Mink is chewing on his tongue rather than just letting it hang out?

If its present day and does include the library will she still be white and pink or black and green as in the wall paper, or something new altogether?

Lucheek

Margins! Margins!

Double space!

MLA Format!

Anri

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 08, 2010, 05:45:19 AM
Quote from: Tikki on January 08, 2010, 05:40:48 AM

Depends whether it's set in the Abel's Story era or present day.

Well, how long has SAIA had the internet? :3

Tapewolf

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Corgatha Taldorthar

Perhaps it works the other way around. SAIA educations take centuries because it's assumed that 'Cubi will get bored, fall asleep, and generally slack off on their classes. What would take a shorter time in a human college takes much, much, longer to get through a 'Cubi student, not necessarily through lack of intelligence, but through lack of attention.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Fex

Take a short nap every two minutes of studying or else you might strain your brain.

Tapewolf

Apologies for the UK date format, by the way - I was still half-asleep...

joshofspam

A trip to the library is in order.

I bet the Liberian charges for pictures of her for this class essay.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Mao

Quote from: joshofspam on January 08, 2010, 10:15:04 AM

Actually, I'd pay for that.  Despite the creepy nature of the glowing dangly lure, it *is* visually appealing, but that aside there's something appealing about the concept of a vast, sentient library.  Particularly if it has any feminine aspects in it's sentience (though that hasn't *necessarily* been shown).

That said, the librarian isn't a clan leader, let alone a cubi, so she has no place in the essay.

joshofspam

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 08, 2010, 10:27:31 AM
Quote from: joshofspam on January 08, 2010, 10:15:04 AM

Actually, I'd pay for that.  Despite the creepy nature of the glowing dangly lure, it *is* visually appealing, but that aside there's something appealing about the concept of a vast, sentient library.  Particularly if it has any feminine aspects in it's sentience (though that hasn't *necessarily* been shown).

That said, the librarian isn't a clan leader, let alone a cubi, so she has no place in the essay.

Thanks for the correction .
I thought she was a tri wing.

But that doesn't necesarrily mean "if" she is she still has a clan right?

D R Dracowolf

No no, I just generally believe that mink is a special exception. I would belive that cubi stay as long as they do because,as abel said to Dan in the comic, something as simple as shifting the wings can take years to learn and decades to master. Though seeing how saia offers every possible class known and unknown I may as well be wrong and mink may as well have been learning to become a political speaker with his prowess in being able to talk nonstop and not have anyone listen.

And if said essay is present date we may aswell find out why Oolong is generally frightening.

A bit off topic but I just noticed the no Abel sign on the library door

edit: Oolong looks cubi to me, just constantly shifted to be all over the library at once. Plus she speaks in a large omnipotent voice

Sunblink

oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy >:3

I'm excited. c: This is the best thing to happen to me in the New Year.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on January 08, 2010, 10:34:10 AM

Not quite sure what you mean there.  There are non-'Cubi creatures who have clans, e.g. Demons.  Though I think that's more a matter of social convention rather than something encoded into their very being, as seems to be the case with 'Cubi.  From what we know of their life-cycle, I'd be surprised if Tentacle mythos do that as they seem to be fairly solitary (the females being unable to move, after all).

Alteratively, you might mean "Can you have a 'Cubi who is not a clan member?"  And that's something I really don't know about, e.g. if they were transferred to a 'null' clan or something.  Only Amber could really answer that.

Quote from: D R Dracowolf on January 08, 2010, 10:35:23 AM
Oolong looks cubi to me, just constantly shifted to be all over the library at once. Plus she speaks in a large omnipotent voice
She isn't, Amber has said so on several occasions.  Oolong is a Mythos.

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 08, 2010, 10:39:00 AM
Quote from: joshofspam on January 08, 2010, 10:34:10 AM

Not quite sure what you mean there.  There are non-'Cubi creatures who have clans, e.g. Demons.  Though I think that's more a matter of social convention rather than something encoded into their very being, as seems to be the case with 'Cubi.  From what we know of their life-cycle, I'd be surprised if Tentacle mythos do that as they seem to be fairly solitary (the females being unable to move, after all).

Alteratively, you might mean "Can you have a 'Cubi who is not a clan member?"  And that's something I really don't know about, e.g. if they were transferred to a 'null' clan or something.  Only Amber could really answer that.

Quote from: D R Dracowolf on January 08, 2010, 10:35:23 AM
Oolong looks cubi to me, just constantly shifted to be all over the library at once. Plus she speaks in a large omnipotent voice
She isn't, Amber has said so on several occasions.  Oolong is a Mythos.

Well the general problem with me was I didn't know of the fact that other races were allowed in the academy other than for short visits.

As for the mention of clan, I thought it was more of she wasn't a tri wing or her clan all died but was still cubi. Oops my bad.

Fit that all together what I just learned from you I can't help but feel I just had one major brain fart here.

It is true you learn something new every day.

Mao

I just said that she wasn't a clan leader, let alone a cubi. :/

Meaning she wasn't either.

joshofspam

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 08, 2010, 10:55:27 AM
I just said that she wasn't a clan leader, let alone a cubi. :/

Meaning she wasn't either.

Yeah. I think we all would be suprised what we would miss looking at something at any given time.

It's something I try to look out for but every time I try it seems something I miss kicks me in the shin and laughs at me. :mowdizzy

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on January 08, 2010, 10:51:46 AM
Well the general problem with me was I didn't know of the fact that other races were allowed in the academy other than for short visits.
I don't know how that works, but they have a water-mythos.  Thing is, if Fa'Lina's aim was to attract the best teachers, there are going to be some masters of a particular craft who aren't 'Cubi but are still willing to work there.
AFAIK there are no non-'Cubi students, but the staff or guest lecturers could easily include members of other races (e.g, strip 675).

QuoteAs for the mention of clan, I thought it was more of she wasn't a tri wing but was still cubi. Oops my bad.
Fit that all together what I just learned from you I can't help but feel I just had one major brain fart here.

Well for my part, I missed that you can have 'Cubi-Mythos.  However, Amber has said that Oolong is not 'Cubi.

Netrogo

Man I've been looking forward to this arc. Interesting to find out even more info on the cubi clans, and it's being done by Mink which totally rocks!
Once upon a time I actually posted here.