12/14/09 [AS2 #81/82] - and then Goodbye

Started by Rambon, December 14, 2009, 05:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambon

Well... I think no one can say just how tragic that is in words.

Tapewolf

Yeah.  Well, at least he got to make his peace with her.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Rambon

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 14, 2009, 06:04:34 AM
Yeah.  Well, at least he got to make his peace with her.

True. It would have been much more horrible if he hadn't. For one thing, he'd never know if she still loved him... after Aniz revealing himself.

But, If there is one person who would love you unconditionally... It's your mother. So props for May due to her everlasting love of her son... even after 39 years of not seeing him at all.

The_one_who_is_odd

Wow this is the first time any comic anywhere has gotten an emotional response from me... I feel bad for Abel...

Lucheek

Arcblade

Aaaand I'm pretty sure I can legitimately say "I saw that coming."

bradypodidae

Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

thegayhare

I know I probably shouldn't say this but I'm jealous.

I never got that chance with my dad.

sorry

Ghostwish

Ouch... Seriously, ouch. I wonder what he's going to do from here.. Or if this is where angsty Abel makes his start?

Jasonrevall

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on December 14, 2009, 07:43:10 AM
She waited for him.
it does seem that she did try to hold out until she had the chance to see Abel doesn't it? That's a tough mom for you though, even in the end, she cares more deeply for her children than herself.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

joshofspam

Well it could have gone better and it could have gone worst. But at least May got one of Abel's main concerns out of the way so it wouldn't eat away at him from the inside. :cry

This is not going to improve his personality in the academy, or improve his socializing with the other cubi there in the least that I can see. :<
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Crawldragon

It's amazing how much of a contrast this is from DMFA. Even when Dan had tough times transitioning into a new life as a 'cubi, it was still funny and upbeat. With this story, though, it's actually hard to think of the Abel in the academy as the same Abel who's always pestering Dan and "not touching yoooouuuuu."

I can honestly say that I really hope things improve for Abel in the near future. :mowsad Emotionally I don't think there's ever been a comic character that's affected me this much.
:bunnycry

At the same time, though, I'm more curious than ever now to see how Abel ultimately ended up becoming the funny guy we know and love.

Zedd

Long goodbyes are such a pain,but short ones are always ones that stick to you forever...

Till we meet again as they say in the end run...

Alondro

Well, I can see how Abel morphed into what he is today.  After so many tragedies and so much pain, he was either going to shirk off his deeper emotional attachments or brood and go insane.

It's either one or the other with centuries to mull over all those things.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Akisohida

The way I see it, Abel is no longer 100% sad at this. Yeah, he is sad his mother is dead, but I think those tears are partly because he is happy she loved him to the very end, you know?

Perhaps she knew why he never showed back up. Maybe she was told by Kria or Fa'Lina? Or maybe she just figured it out herself.

In that case, there was no way she could hate him; he was pretty much tearing out his own heart to keep her safe. Methinks she knew that and she also knew he would show up again someday.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: thegayhare on December 14, 2009, 08:06:12 AM

sorry

I never got that chance with my grandfather either.

Even if I had been physically present at his death bed, he wouldn't even have known who I was because of his Alzheimer's Disease. :<

Icon by Sunblink

KarmikCykle

Man, I can't even remember the last time I posted here, but holy crap.  Having lost two grandparents, an aunt, my mother and two dogs in the past three years, this double update hits close to home with me.  At least, like Abel, I was there to say good bye when my mother passed.

seuta

Quote from: Crawldragon on December 14, 2009, 10:09:08 AM
At the same time, though, I'm more curious than ever now to see how Abel ultimately ended up becoming the funny guy we know and love.

The death of one's parent(s) has a profound affect upon them.  It could lead them to have a positive outlook at life, realizing how short and fleeting it is.  It could drive them to anger, feeling that the only person who could understand them in their life are gone.  Different people are affected in different ways, but it does have a profound effect if they are aware of it or not. 

Angel

...Her last words were how much she loved her son. He was able to look her in the eyes before she died and apologize for everything he'd believed he'd done wrong. And she died with her loved ones at peace and the knowledge that she was loved in return. That's the most beautiful and peaceful death one could ever want.

...This strikes a little close to my heart, because my grandfather passed away two months ago. He and I were closer than anyone in the family, and I respected and loved him more than any other man on the planet. He lived for 80 years, survived polio as a child, learned to swim strongly and play the piano with just one usable arm, was the best cook in the whole family, remained happily married for 50 years, and raised three daughters and a son. He also taught me everything I know about mythology, college, and literature. I didn't call him or tell him that I loved him the night before he died, even though I'd been meaning to, and I regretted that very deeply. I found out from my mother (his daughter) that she'd seen him and told him all about us, and was happy and proud of me and my brothers. She had a regret of her own, though - she didn't kiss him goodbye. But he passed away quietly in his sleep, which is the best thing we could have ever hoped for.

Amber, thank you for one honestly touching and beautiful tragic moment. It meant a lot to me as a reader.  :hug
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Jakon

Man, things just get worse and worse for Abel... and seeing Devin as an undead (who doesn't remember who he is) obviously won't help much...

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Jasonrevall on December 14, 2009, 09:23:00 AM
Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on December 14, 2009, 07:43:10 AM
She waited for him.
it does seem that she did try to hold out until she had the chance to see Abel doesn't it? That's a tough mom for you though, even in the end, she cares more deeply for her children than herself.

Shows she had a very strong will, the will to see Abel before she died.  The force was strong in this one.  I would imagine anyone would cry happy tears upon learning that your mom still loved you up till the end.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: thegayhare on December 14, 2009, 08:06:12 AM

sorry

*hugs* Don't be sorry. It's from the heart, and we all know what you mean. No-one here will object.

... except possibly Darkmoon, but that's just because he's an ass. Pay him no mind.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Failcakes

Demont

I'm glad nothing bad happen and Able got peaceful good bye from his mom :cry

Thirty Second Artbomb

thegayhare

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 14, 2009, 06:17:25 PM
*hugs* Don't be sorry. It's from the heart, and we all know what you mean. No-one here will object.

... except possibly Darkmoon, but that's just because he's an ass. Pay him no mind.

Thanks hon it just feels weird to be jealous of  fictional character. 
I thought I was over this but I guess it's something you never really get over