More eco-freakdom

Started by Alondro, December 22, 2009, 12:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

I had to read this article twice to make sure it wasn't a joke.

Kill UR PETZ 4 DA ENVIRONEMN! :B

So apparently our pets are evil polluters and must also reduce their carbon footprint...

I retain the slight hope that few people will take these nuts seriously, but I know I shall be sadly disappointed.   I'm sure this made PETA's day.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Alondro on December 22, 2009, 12:18:52 AM

So apparently our pets are evil polluters and must also reduce their carbon footprint...

I retain the slight hope that few people will take these nuts seriously, but I know I shall be sadly disappointed.   I'm sure this made PETA's day.

See, now if we REALLY wanted to clean up the environment we'd get rid of all that pesky oxygen that's been polluting the atmosphere for a few billion years now....

Oh wait....

superluser

I can think of worst things than eliminating The Snuggie™ for Dogs.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Damaris

Honestly, if you actually read the article, then they do make a good point.

There are a lot of ways that people can make changes to help improve the environment. Obviously I'm not going to drown my cats because of this article - but I can tell you right now that I will never make the switch to flushable kitty litter after reading it.  It's merely pointing out that we can be more environmentally conscious when dealing with our pets.  And that's not a bad thing.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Valynth

Quote from: Damaris on December 22, 2009, 12:51:56 AM

There are a lot of ways that people can make changes to help improve the environment. Obviously I'm not going to drown my cats because of this article - but I can tell you right now that I will never make the switch to flushable kitty litter after reading it.  It's merely pointing out that we can be more environmentally conscious when dealing with our pets.  And that's not a bad thing.

You do realize that they both require about them same amount of time/energy/effort to dispose of right?

After all, it may not be a land fill, but running through a sewage treatment plant has to cost something.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Turnsky

Quote from: Damaris on December 22, 2009, 12:51:56 AM

most decent kitty litter's either made from recycled paper or clay anyways.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

thegayhare

Quote from: Turnsky on December 22, 2009, 04:01:57 AM

most decent kitty litter's either made from recycled paper or clay anyways.

we use wheat based litter our selves works great on oder conrol

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: thegayhare on December 22, 2009, 07:42:25 AM
we use wheat based litter our selves works great on oder conrol

... If you leave it for long enough, you get a harvest?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Quote from: Alondro on December 22, 2009, 12:18:52 AM

Alondro, seriously, I'm tired of your flaimbait topics and incessant need to put down anything even slightly "liberal". I know we've had this discussion before, on several occasions, and plainly you aren't really getting it. Find a better, more constructive way to start discussions, or don't start them at all.

Consider this an official warning.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...