New - perhaps in the truest sense...

Started by Sprocketsdance, April 18, 2009, 09:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprocketsdance

I'm pretty new to the whole 'furry' scene o^_^o All those animals just look so darn cuddly!

One of my friends introduced me to DMFA and I've been hooked since.
My avatar is my second attempt at drawing a 'fursona' and her name is Asha >_>

And my username comes from the nick name to my husband's parent's dog.. he woofs five times and then bounces up (or.. puffs). So that is that.

Nice job on the rules by the way *thumbs up*

Lisky

hello, welcome to the forums... since you've read the rules, can't really say anything about that... um...

watch out for the box... or anyone offering advice... they're always up to something... besides that, follow the rules and have fun...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

insidexml

Yeah, in a place like this, it's typically best to stay away from people who warn you about anything.

Like boxes! Stay away from boxes.
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

Paladin Sheppard

Sprocketsdance

Thank you ^_^ My brain smolders with the hot embers of confusion... but if anything.. boxes burn just as nicely =)

Lisky

as a conscientious objector and local medic (not quite a doctor... yet), i refuse to acknowledge sides... oh, by the way... i'm a spartan  :3

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Sprocketsdance

Hrm.. a Spartan and a semi-evil doctor in training? It would seem that you aren't to be trusted with much.. except our very lives!! XD  A neutral life saver soul stealer perhaps? Ugh my head hurts >_<

Faerie Alex

I believe Tapewolf said it best:
QuoteDMFA is the gateway drug to furry.
:3

Anyways, welcome to the fandom and welcome to the craziness that is CMF. Don't mind the folks here-they seem normal once they remove the rest of your sanity. >:3 Incidentally, keep your claim ticket for that. It'll also help when we furries lay claim to your sanity-just prove the CMF has it. We swear, it won't "disappear." :B

Seriously though, welcome.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

VSMIT

Checklist for welcoming new members:
1.  Remind to read rules
2.  Warn about box
3.  Warn about advice givers
4.  Warn about box

5.  Give warm welcome
6.  Warn about box

Welcome to the forums!  Watch out for the box.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: wuffnpuff on April 18, 2009, 10:30:45 PM
Thank you ^_^ My brain smolders with the hot embers of confusion... but if anything.. boxes burn just as nicely =)

Yes, we do. The problem is, that simply doesn't help. Mwahahahaha!
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lysander

Yeah, my first experience with anything furry was DMFA. Before then I'd see furry stuff and wonder, "what the heck?" But now I don't really wonder anything anymore... And beware of some furry stuff as some is...less than cuddly, or far, far too cuddly. And with that I welcome thee to this interesting place.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Lysander on April 19, 2009, 10:21:12 AM
And beware of some furry stuff as some is...less than cuddly, or far, far too cuddly.

For what it's worth, the management refuses liability for the presence of "too cuddly" content, but does make an attempt to remove it when inappropriate. At the very least, we try to make sure it's not visible in the threads themselves, and that the threads or posts have warning labels on them, so that you do have to go out of your way to find it.

But you've all read the rules already, haven't you? ;-]

Gabi

Hmm. I believe my first experience with "furry" was Mickey Mouse and his group, whom I encountered when I was still a baby. Still, I didn't know there was such a thing as a furry fandom until I joined the DMFA forum on The Nice in 2005. I'm still unsure of whether I'm in or out of that circle, but since I don't like to consider myself a fan of anything while I do enjoy several forms of art and fiction that happen to involve anthropomorphic animals (although, I must admit, I don't really care about whether they're involved or not), I guess the border suits me well.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tiger_T

Well, Although DMFA wasn't THE first thing I saw when learning of the term 'furry' and it's meaning, it was among the first few I recognized as being furry.*

BTW: Not counting the usual: Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny & Co, Mickey Mouse & Co - I didn't know the word 'furry' back then.

Don't burn the Box - It kinda developed a liking for that kinky kind of stuff. :giggle

Be welcome, and beware the dark sides of fandom.

Praise the Amber, for she deserves it. :3
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Sprocketsdance

Golly gee thanks everyone! ^_^ I'll try not to be mean to the box.. but I can't help but think it's cute.. >_> *shrugs*  DMFA wasn't my first furry encounter.. but it has certainly been the most interesting. One funny this is that my husband always made fun of my friends who read furry comics.. and now he's a furry! XD Funny how that sort of stuff happens...

ShadesFox

The All Purpose Fox

Joe3210

Welcome to the board.  Also, welcome to the furry fandom.  Try not to be squirked too badly.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Sprocketsdance

Thanks everyone ^_^ It's nice to be here! Everyone is so darn cool! ... and.. I think I want to hug the box... but I dunno...
And I avoid getting.. er.. squirked at any cost.. >_> XD

:mowcookie

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: wuffnpuff on April 24, 2009, 03:26:41 PM
Thanks everyone ^_^ It's nice to be here! Everyone is so darn cool! ... and.. I think I want to hug the box... but I dunno...

You're right. You don't know. And if you know what's good for you, you'll continue to not know.

It's for the best, you know, that you don't know what you don't know, and I know that you don't know, and you know that I know that you don't know, you know.

So no.

Mao

And knowing is half the battle.  *thumbs up*

Lisky

but whats the other half the battle GI Mao?

Pagan

After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

insidexml

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on April 24, 2009, 04:18:16 PM
but whats the other half the battle GI Mao?

Probably something related to blowing things up.
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

VSMIT

The other half of the battle is making holes in everything with a minigun.

llearch n'n'daCorna

It's called "blessing" everything, VSMIT.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 25, 2009, 05:35:00 AM
It's called "blessing" everything, VSMIT.

I'm ashamed to admit that for me, "blessing" has become a short way of saying "to make immortal by doing so much damage in a single blow that it overflows the damage stats".

But that's probably just me.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

知道就说知道๐ 不知道就说不知道๐ 不要知道说不知道๐ 也不要不知道说知道๐

(If you know, just say you know. If you don't know, just say you don't know. Don't say you don't know if you know, and don't say you know if you don't know.)
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

llearch n'n'daCorna

But how do you know what it is that I know, if I say that I know? And how do you know what I know that I don't know, if you don't know either? You know, it'd be a lot simpler if everyone knows that I know, but some of the time, I don't know, and not everyone knows that I don't. I know that not everyone knows, but I don't know who knows, so who do I tell that I know? And who do I tell that I don't know?

It's a lot simpler to just tell everyone, you know?

Sprocketsdance

You know.. it's sort of scary that I get everything that the box says >_<