llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Eibborn

/kicks the internet over

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

thegayhare

You know this has inspired me to do a Discworld themed cake...

not one like this Atiun and the disc but something never seen on the disc but something you could picture there.

I might have to ask  a favor on this one.  I need a referance sketch to work from and could do to pick a few brains.

Brunhidden

ive watched enough food network to really ask "why even bother making it of cake anymore?". half the time the cake recepe has been modified to simulate the structural integrety of a bruck under the assumption that nobody will ever set fork to it.

i remember TP saying there were no maps of the diskworld as you cannot map a sense of humor, guess thats out the window.

...... i would have preffered to engrave or sculpt it, but those days are gone...

QuoteIf there's no chance to win, don't play
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Omega

Quote from: Brunhidden on February 08, 2008, 12:45:26 AM
QuoteIf there's no chance to win, don't play
"Cause we are the ones that want to play,
always want to go,
but you never want to stay,
and we are the ones that want to chose,
always want to play,
but you never want to lose..."

But, heresy or not, that's one kick ass cake.

Tapewolf

I'm not much into Discworld, but that would be a damn good piece of artwork just as a sculpture.  The fact that it is edible too is amazing.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

thegayhare

I'm thinking of doing the the anthropomorphic personification of the Death of Cakes

I figure it'll be a four or five layer cake. Yellow sponge covered in black fondant shapped into a robe and hood. Thru the hood you can see the top layers of the cake covered in bone white marzipan shaped into a skeletal cake. I'd make the Death of cakes tool with a wooden dowel topped with the plade from a cake serving spatula.

superluser

You know, I think this is the first site that I bookmarked after I upgraded my computer back in `06.

...I'm not exactly sure why I bookmarked it, but I'm sorry now that I didn't post the link earlier.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Netrogo

That is freaking amazing. I mean I've seen some pretty cool cakes in my day (Even made a pretty sweet pikachu cake for my younger brother many years back) but that's just wow.

I wonder how it tasted XD
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Gabi

Wow, that's an amazing cake! It would be a shame to eat it.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Pagan

Indeed, more a piece of art than food.
All made from icing and marzipan except for the turtle, right?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

thegayhare

Quote from: Pagan on February 10, 2008, 06:12:01 PM
Indeed, more a piece of art than food.
All made from icing and marzipan except for the turtle, right?

nope the turtle was a fruitcake decorated withicing and marzipan

superluser

Oh, say.  I was just discussing the flat earth on Tuesday or so.

Why don't I post some images of real flat-world theories so that I don't get scooped in the future?

This one is great:

- the dome of heaven is about 4,000 miles away
- the stars are about as far as San Francisco is from Boston
- at the outer edge lies the southern ice, reputed to be a wall 150 feet high; no one has ever crossed it, and therefore what lies beyond is unknown
- the sun and moon are only about 32 miles in diameter
- their apparent rising and setting are tricks of perspective
- the moon shines by its own light and is not eclipsed by the earth
- lunar eclipses are caused by an unseen dark body occasionally passing in front of the moon

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Vidar

That cake is awesome.
The flat earth society thing, not so much. It doesn't even have an Axis Firmamenti in the middle.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Netrogo

Flat earth believers are complete screwjobs. The only thing more unstable then the flat earth theory is scientology.

Alteisentier

As an artist I don't think I could eat such a cake, it would be left to rot and smell.. Which would be totally pointless.
*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

Toric

Quote from: Alteisentier on February 13, 2008, 05:08:59 AM
As an artist I don't think I could eat such a cake, it would be left to rot and smell.. Which would be totally pointless.
I'd stick a fork in one of the elephants and watch a tiny robed man made of icing with a ridiculous hat covered with "Z"s travel along and save the day. And then I'd eat it all.
Yap by Silver.

Alteisentier

More then likely you would find your self flat on your rump, with a turtle flying out the window headed space bound. Or any other number of random and improbable situations.
*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

Feroluce

that really is an awesome cake lol. I could just imagine it breaking free and making a dash for deep space.

and yeah. Flat Earth peeps musta loved the third Pirates movie. otherwise they literally would have to live under rocks to ignore the insanely vast body of evidence that supports the shape of solar bodys and how they interact.

Netrogo

The only thing I`ve ever heard of that actually supports the flat earther`s theory is that for some reason not a single flight ever goes over the pacific despite it being a shorter distance in some cases.

Even then they`re still tard-buckets.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Wot?

Single flights?

You mean like the LAX-AKL daily flights? Or the AKL-HON flights, or the ones to the Chatham Islands, or Fiji, or Tokelau Islands, or any of the other pacific island nations, or the ones from Australia to Honolulu, or the ones from Auckland across to Indonesia, or...

Need I go on? There's flights all over the Pacific all the time.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Netrogo

O rly?

Seriously any map of flight paths I've ever seen had not one line that went over the Pacific. Must be bad luck on my part.

Well either way, thanks to the box, we have now proven absolutely that flat earthers are complete and utter tard-buckets.