2015/07/20 [DMFA #1591] Um... where's yesterday's?

Started by Lying Foo, July 20, 2015, 04:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lying Foo

Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Jasonrevall

And here come the emotions T~T

He looks super cute in this strip.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Merlin

Tapewolf

Well, it doesn't look like Dan is there to continue the Cyra legacy.   Not unless the Aniz business changed her goals in a really major way.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kipiru

Quote from: Merlin on July 20, 2015, 05:43:16 AM
Quote from: Jasonrevall on July 20, 2015, 05:09:04 AM
And here come the emotions T~T

He looks super cute in this strip.

I know, right??

Don't you just want to beat his face in  c:

Delian Williams

And no face dancing involved, huh? I hope Abel won't be shocked if he ever has children,
who turn out looking exactly like Dan... :ferret

Wow, where did Abel's wings come from? Part from his mother, part from destiny?

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

KaideGirault

Quote from: Delian Williams on July 20, 2015, 09:10:31 AM
And no face dancing involved, huh? I hope Abel won't be shocked if he ever has children,
who turn out looking exactly like Dan... :ferret

Wow, where did Abel's wings come from? Part from his mother, part from destiny?
As I understood it, Cubi born with a Being parent tend to take after the Being side for appearance. (That'd be why Abel looks like May, and Dan looks a bit like Edward. Except for his mother's blue wings, of course.)

That his wings look like Quoar-clan wings is apparently an extremely rare trait. I think I prefer that style of wing over the angel/demon wings anyway.

Cassi-kun

Aniz as a sympathetic character is gonna mess me up, I know it.

Definitely looking forward to "MY MOM DATED ABEL'S DAD?!?!?!" though XD
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

HaDDea

Thus Abel and Dan's stories intertwined before either existed; two young 'cubi born to crazy parents as part of some cock-eyed, nutbar scheme. Abel got Aniz' perspective, Dan gets Destania's: I hope the two compare notes. 

Are we sure Aniz is dead?? Dan looks an awful lot like him. Or is that why Dee had a child with Dan's father...

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 20, 2015, 06:34:37 AM
Well, it doesn't look like Dan is there to continue the Cyra legacy.   Not unless the Aniz business changed her goals in a really major way.

I guess Zezzuva knew what she was talking about, then. So: what IS Dan's role in Dee's Quest for Revenge Against Everyone Ever? Also, what drove Dee out of SAIA? Was it to hunt down Aniz? was it the attack on Abel? Was it something else?? 

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cassi-kun on July 20, 2015, 12:51:15 PM
Aniz as a sympathetic character is gonna mess me up, I know it.

Well, he already was.  He seems to have been okay until being driven insane by having his entire family murdered.

Definitely looking forward to "MY MOM DATED ABEL'S DAD?!?!?!" though XD

Don't forget that his father's first wife killed Aniz too...

Quote from: HaDDea on July 20, 2015, 12:58:25 PM
Are we sure Aniz is dead?? Dan looks an awful lot like him. Or is that why Dee had a child with Dan's father...

Well, his being dead is what Amber's saying, so most likely, yes.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: HaDDea on July 20, 2015, 12:58:25 PMAre we sure Aniz is dead?? Dan looks an awful lot like him. Or is that why Dee had a child with Dan's father...
Aniz's methods seemed to be murder and take the place of guys he already looks like. Cid had the same fur/hair color as Aniz as well.

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 20, 2015, 01:05:23 PMDon't forget that his father's first wife killed Aniz too...
Yup, Alexsi's mom. Which means Alexsi's relationship with Abel will likely be affected by this, too. And Abel has already expressed that he feels a duty/debt to Alexsi because of Quintinga's death.

Eboreg

Quote from: HaDDea on July 20, 2015, 12:58:25 PM

I think the physical similarities between Aniz and Edward are part of why he was targeted and might also be part of why Dee ended up marrying him. Also, I highly doubt Aniz could have replaced Edward without running afoul of Zivnth.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Eboreg on July 20, 2015, 04:45:29 PM
Also, I highly doubt Aniz could have replaced Edward without running afoul of Zivnth.

You'd assume so, but it's an interesting point that the major clans at the conference believed that's exactly what did happen - that Destania and Aniz had made up and settled down in the guise of Dee and Edward.  It was only when the Seme delegate stated that Edward was apparently a genuine Being that they thought otherwise.  (p.1437)

Cassi-kun

Thought I had today:

Maybe Aniz was drawn to Destania because Siar was a clan of misery and Destania was so miserable?

HaDDea

Quote from: Cassi-kun on July 20, 2015, 11:40:59 PM
Thought I had today:

Maybe Aniz was drawn to Destania because Siar was a clan of misery and Destania was so miserable?

It's entirely possible, though there is likely more to it than just emotional affinity. Despite Siar's considerable numbers at the time, Aniz seems to be the only guy who ever dared approach Dee - or at least was the only one who was serious enough about his feelings to take the risk and be persistent.

Delian Williams

Interesting play on perspective in the last picture... It is clear from this one, that there is no difference in size between
Destania and Aniz worth mentioning. Maybe Aniz looks to Destania like he is much younger or kind of a kneeling supplicant.
Alternate explanation: Shape shifting. Couples tend to get more similar the longer they are together (in Aniz and Destania's
case centuries) and with cubi shifting may be involved in the process.

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Cassi-kun

Even given Dee's extended life, Aniz is VERY young compared to Dee, as he's only about 400-450 at the time of Abel's story, which states they dated for centuries. So he'd be around 200 at most when he first begins courting her, if that.