7/12/06 - On the road again

Started by bill, July 11, 2006, 08:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

Not what I was expecting at all. Hope we still see some of Merl in the near future.

Gabi

Now that explains why he's been moved to the "random goers" category. I'll miss him, and I would like to see what he and Aliyka run into, and how he reacts when he finds out what her unarmed combat tactics are, but if we don't get to see that, so be it. I just hope he returns soon.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Zedd

Well dont worry my duckies....Merl will return....*cue dashining musics* A MAN!  :D

GabrielsThoughts

What a way to get rid of a major player... a quest for Merl huh? (thinks deviously)
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Eibborn

Aww... First Aary's gone, now Merlitz? ...Oh, man, they're totally going to run into each other at some point. That... could be interesting.

On the other hand, I'm going to be able to get that little happy feeling when Merlitz shows up again, eventually...
/kicks the internet over

Tezkat

Ya know... now that I think about it, Merlitz had to leave. With Aary gone and Abel dominating Dan's time, Merlitz was well on his way to becoming a fifth wheel in the group. At least this way he'll have chance at another little story arc of his own or be able to drag some interesting plot hooks home with him.  :mowdan
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

RJ

I'm going to miss him too... Wish I had his new address so I could send him muffins! :rj (I really, really like having that emote so close...)

*blinks* What the... my title is Amazon... Hahaha XD

Paladin Sheppard

KarlOmega1

Im gonna miss that fire mage...hope he has a good time.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Kenji

Don't worry, peeps. There's plenty of angry characters who can set things on fire till Merl returns.

LigerJet

So everything's fine with Merlitz...he just left his apartment a mess.  TYPICAL MAN.  :(  Oh wait, hey, I am one...*looks at his room* Eh heh...

Oh no...now we have a hyper-energetic chibi-squirrel who's a purveyor of muffins AND an amazon!?  OH NOES!  *hides* j/k

King Of Hearts

I was expecting something like this... good call on Miss amber's part, as to not keep too many characters in play at any one time.

Hilary

Aww... Merlitz... ah, well. Yeah, I can't wait 'till he meets up with Aary and will likely be up against her... :mowgrin

Supercheese

Quote from: Hilary on July 11, 2006, 11:29:13 PM
Yeah, I can't wait 'till he meets up with Aary and will likely be up against her... :mowgrin

Bad.... thoghts... must... get mind... out of gutter... *smacks head with keyboard*

thegayhare

Quote from: Eibbor_N on July 11, 2006, 10:05:14 PM
Aww... First Aary's gone, now Merlitz? ...Oh, man, they're totally going to run into each other at some point. That... could be interesting.

Now why am I gettign flashes from all the comercials for my super ex girlfreind...

That looks like the scariest movie ever

King Of Hearts

But wasnt it Aary who split up with Merl? Merl ought to know by now not to mess with a cubi... his track record against them isnt quite accomodating.

But it could be nice if they do meet up in a peculiar sceario.

Azlan

Awww, just when Merl and I managed to smooth things over...

Adventurers cannot stay in one place forever...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Netami

Oh god, he is going to come back as a hippie.

Zina

Where's Abel supposed to send the card NOW? D:

Paladin Sheppard

Well Abel could ask Dan to get Fi to deliver it for him..I mean what else are warp-aci usefull for besides teleporting  :D

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Hilary on July 11, 2006, 11:29:13 PM
Aww... Merlitz... ah, well. Yeah, I can't wait 'till he meets up with Aary and will likely be up against her... :mowgrin

Or kill a student of hers.  :sword

With regards,
Ted

Zedd

Hilary

Quote from: Netami on July 12, 2006, 12:25:29 AM

Hehe-- Oh, man, I gotta draw that. Though we'll have to stop calling him Merlitz. 'Merl' seems so much more hippie-like.

Saist

* je.saist misses Angry Merlitz Face

Rowne

I'm actually glad about this development.  It was obvious that Merlitz was stagnating and that he just wasn't happy about the home-life that his friends had seemed to adopt.  He wanted to be out there, wandering the World, righting wrongs, doing good and so on.  He just didn't realize it at the time.

I think this because after how miserable he has looked, that last panel is the first time in a while I've seen Merlitz looking genuinely happy.

So he might end up with a new mate and a ... new outlook on life.  I'm sorry but Merlitz the Hippie just makes me giggle helplessly.  It's a very funny concept.  'sides, hippies are cool.

LigerJet

This just came to me...why would Merlitz and Aaryanna have a violent encounter?  Their split-up was sad...but neither party seemed angry about it.  Aary and Merl are both rediscovering themselves, right now.

Tapewolf

Aw, pity about my voicesake.  Still, it could have been much worse.

Quote from: Hilary on July 12, 2006, 01:22:36 AM
Quote from: Netami on July 12, 2006, 12:25:29 AM

Hehe-- Oh, man, I gotta draw that. Though we'll have to stop calling him Merlitz. 'Merl' seems so much more hippie-like.

Someone has to do that.  I can do a voice to do with it :)

*EDIT*
Actually, it might be fun to cover 'It don't matter to me' since Merl is gone searching for himself..

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Hilary

Quote from: LigerJet on July 12, 2006, 04:01:02 AM
This just came to me...why would Merlitz and Aaryanna have a violent encounter?  Their split-up was sad...but neither party seemed angry about it.  Aary and Merl are both rediscovering themselves, right now.
Well, it just seems like Aary is reverting back to 'terrorizing the countryside' when not teaching, and Merl (hehe) might be hired/compelled to stop her. Or one of her students, possibly.

Quote from: tapewolfSomeone has to do that.  I can do a voice to do with it. :)

I haven't got 'skillz'... *looks to 'skillz'-bestowed artists* Heh, lyrics opportunity. 'Someone who's better than me/ 'Cause your happiness is all I want/ For you to find/ Peace ... your peace of mind...'

Rowne

Henceforth I shall call him; Murl.

I'd say more comics need more hippies though, hippies are groovy and very underappreciated.  We need a new wave of hippies with the open-mindedness of today's ... well, intellectual curve.

Plus, it would be funny to see such a major change in his personae.  I mean, after all, he comes across as a straight arrow, a very authoritarian chap.  Stiff upper lip, what ho and all that.  Am I the only one that sees that in Litzy?  Anyway, yeah ... it'll be interesting to see his return, some time down the road.

ITOS

Quote from: Rowne on July 12, 2006, 06:22:09 AMPlus, it would be funny to see such a major change in his personae.  I mean, after all, he comes across as a straight arrow, a very authoritarian chap.  Stiff upper lip, what ho and all that.  Am I the only one that sees that in Litzy?  Anyway, yeah ... it'll be interesting to see his return, some time down the road.

I don't know, I like Merl because he was... relatively normal, compared to many of the other characters. It's good to have that contrast.
This generic comment was brought to you by: