New Skins

Started by Darkmoon, May 20, 2023, 03:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

So, due to the unexpected forum maintenance we had to perform (see other thread in The Villa), we had to implement a new forum skin. I took a look around what the SMF main site had on offer (since we were finally on a current version I could look at all new skins) and settled on NameX for our new skin. There are a few reasons for this:

1) It allows for quick color swapping on the fly by the user. You will see a little palette icon in the upper right. You can click on that to swap to any color you want from a lovely list of options.

2) It allows for Dark Mode on the fly. Over on the left you should see a moon icon. You can click that to switch it to the Sun and that will take you into light mode. The forum is dark mode by default (because that's what I personally like) but anyone that prefers a light mode can now just use it with any color option.

3) It's just a nice looking skin. It's tight. It's compact. It had all the features I want in a layout without any fuss. It's just solid.

EDIT: Oh, and while I was at it I gave the CM Site (https://clockworkmansion.com/) it's first redesign in 15 years. Now it matches the forum nicely and is far more modern looking than it's been in quite some time.

So, yes... we now only need one forum theme because this one does everything. With an updated CM logo on the skin, we're set to roll.

Please let me know if you find any issues with the layout, though. You can post those here or in the other bug fix thread.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Merlin

Thanks for all the hard work! This skin's darkmode is quite nice.

e: oh no my avatar got rounded aa

Darkmoon

Ah, yeah, standard behavior for the new skin. I didn't notice since I use a round avatar.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...