Welcome to the Project Future section

Started by Tapewolf, October 01, 2008, 04:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

First off, a big thank-you to the admins for offering us a space on the forum.  I guess I'll have to decide if we're going to stick with the one thread, or create a new thread per page.  Maybe one per episode or something?  Suggestions would be helpful.

In recognition of all he's done and continues to do make the comic possible, and also to cover for me when I'm away (which is actually pretty rare), I've also nominated Ren as joint mod.  I trust he will use his new superpowers wisely  >:3

What is Project Future?

Unfortunately, no-one can be told what 'Project Future' is... you have to see it for yourself.
It can be found here: http://www.project-future.org

Okay, I just suck at describing it.  I've kept putting off the 'ABOUT' link in the comic because describing it is something I just can't seem to do properly.

Basically, it's an unofficial, not-really-canon webcomic set in the DMFA universe, written and coloured by myself, and drawn by Ren Gaulen.  I suppose you might call it an original character fan-fiction, though the word 'fanfic' seems to have something of a taint to it.

The world physics are based on those of DMFA.  They may not be 100% accurate since I've basically reverse-engineered them, but I've tried to keep it as close as I can, while still leaving me room to play around in.

Additional Rules

These aren't formalised as yet, and I tend to be pretty relaxed anyway, but I was thinking in terms of the following, just for the Project Future section:

• 1. Typos.  There is a rule against pointing out typos in DMFA etc in the forum as a whole.  Personally, I welcome corrections, so as far as I'm concerned feel free to point them out, privately or otherwise.  Just don't forget and do that to Amber.

• 2. Spoilers.  As many people are probably aware, Project Future is adapted on one of my existing fanfics.  That means some of you know what's going to happen.  To avoid spoiling it for the others, I'd rather if people didn't give direct spoilers.  That's not something I'm intending to enforce with an iron fist, but it would be much appreciated.

Anyway, I can't think of much to add, so... um, welcome to the new PF section. 

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 01, 2008, 04:50:53 AM
In recognition of all he's done and continues to do make the comic possible, and also to cover for me when I'm away (which is actually pretty rare), I did want to nominate Ren as joint mod, though it doesn't seem to have happened yet.  Maybe later.

Sorry, it was late last night, and I forgot. Sorted now.

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 01, 2008, 04:50:53 AM
Unfortunately, no-one can be told what 'Project Future' is... you have to see it for yourself.

*snerk*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Ren Gaulen

Hurrah! We've got ourselves forum space! Celebrations! :D

Also, wow. I have become a mod. :eek I hope I won't go on a power trip now. :shifty Thanks, llearch! :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on October 01, 2008, 07:33:21 AM
Also, wow. I have become a mod. :eek
Only within this section, of course.  And I just know I'm going to hit 'Split' instead of 'Modify' one of these days...

Sunblink

Just wanted to say congratulations on the new space, Tape and Ren.

Ren, don't abuse your powers. >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 01, 2008, 07:38:40 AM
Only within this section, of course.  And I just know I'm going to hit 'Split' instead of 'Modify' one of these days...

It asks you to confirm. Three times, I think. Sort of like windows, really...

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on October 01, 2008, 07:33:21 AM
Also, wow. I have become a mod. :eek I hope I won't go on a power trip now. :shifty Thanks, llearch! :3

You don't have any. Power, I mean - other than a measly amount to enable moderation of this section, that is. ;-]

KeatyBaby, I believe that answers your post as well. *grin*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

But what else is power for except to be abused?

.......i need to get me a chunk of this forum, someday soon i will, bwahahaha!
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Darkmoon

Do something that rates it, and we'll talk.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

GabrielsThoughts

maybe a new thread if it reaches more than a hundred posts or something?

One per episode sounds good.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Mao

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 01, 2008, 08:28:34 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 01, 2008, 07:38:40 AM
It asks you to confirm. Three times, I think. Sort of like windows, really...

Windows if you don't know what you're doing.  That is easily changed.

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 01, 2008, 07:42:34 AM
Ren, don't abuse your powers. >:3

Pff.. Abuse away.  I for one think it's healthy.

Anyway, sorry for the late congrats on this one guys.  Glad to see this awesome work finally get it's own space.  Much deserved. :3