01/05/08 [Abel 2 Starter] - Story Part 2: Starter Page

Started by Sunblink, January 04, 2008, 11:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

Boo freakin' YAH.

That is some good arts. Quite appropriate, too. Abel looks almost like he's trapped in a cage due to the shadows thrown over his tense, anticipative form. >:3 I'm probably deriving too much symbolism from it, but holy crap, I've fallen head-over-heels for this method of shading and coloring.

Hooray for Abel's Story. :3

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Alondro

*Charline hmms*  Is this the part where Abel meets cubi even more evil than me?   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

techmaster-glitch

AndersW

I like the way the dark lines cross over his left eye.  It kind of makes it look like he has a scar.  And considering all he has are mental scars, it fits.

Fallo

M

Ohhh, very nice. It's so dark and foreboding. I really like it.

AndersW

I notice that the image is a different size than the other Abel's Story pages.  Is there some significance to that?

NDDR

compared to the starter page of the first part its the same size.

oops, i was lookin at it wrong, front page of first part is slightly bigger. hmm

Amber Williams

Quote from: AndersW on January 05, 2008, 12:14:59 AM
I notice that the image is a different size than the other Abel's Story pages.  Is there some significance to that?

It's called "Amber doesnt need to make borders for an all black image so the extra margins arent needed."  :0

AndersW

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 05, 2008, 12:32:28 AM
Quote from: AndersW on January 05, 2008, 12:14:59 AM

It's called "Amber doesnt need to make borders for an all black image so the extra margins arent needed."  :0

I thought it might be something like that, but it was odd enough that I thought it needed looking into.

xHaZxMaTx

It is very nice, yes, however the only way the shadows would look like that would be if the 'camera' were positioned where the source of light is, as the shadows do not appear to wrap around the shape of Abel's body.  Even then, it still wouldn't look right, considering the shadows don't increase/decrease in size/thickness depending on where they are on his body (distance from the camera).

...What?  Stop looking at me like that! D:

NDDR

front page of the first part didn't have a border and theres still an 8 pixel height, 23 pixel width difference

403, 609 / 415, 582  either that or i miscounted the pixels.  then again its only a 3897 pixel difference, thats like a beach being bigger by a few grains of sand, still looks awesome.

also try explaining that shadow theory to the people that filmed the lunar landings, the shadows were all over the place on that.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, for crying out loud.

Give up, already.

In fact - anyone else mentions the change in file size, and the posts will be summarily deleted, without notice. Sheesh.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Grenn

Dannysaysnoo

Don't look right into his eyes, or you'll turn to stone, while evaporating!

Poofyspikes

Quote from: NDDR on January 05, 2008, 12:46:30 AM
front page of the first part didn't have a border and theres still an 8 pixel height, 23 pixel width difference
Duh, it obviously means that 8 characters will die and this part will be 23 comics shorter. :B

Seriously. You amateur conspiracy theorists need to put all this energy into something more useful, like watching grass grow.

But on to happier news! Congrats, Amber, on your first cop-out of the year! And what a beaut of a cop-out it is!

rabid_fox

The Angry Abel Face is like sweet sugar to the dashing tongue of one waking up after an hour's sleep to get a flight.

That was a bad analogy, but you get the jist of it, I'm sure.

Oh dear.

Hellcat

Omega

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on January 05, 2008, 01:41:34 AM
Don't look right into his eyes...

No need to worry about that as long has he's wearing that skirt/pants -piece of clothing abomination. Gyah!  :sweatdrop

Zedd

kaskar

Quote from: rabid_fox on January 05, 2008, 02:18:04 AM

The Angry Abel Face is like sweet sugar to the dashing tongue of one waking up after an hour's sleep to get a flight.

That was a bad analogy, but you get the jist of it, I'm sure.

8) Is Abel's clothing is starting to get more into the Aniz family line ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

rabid_fox

If he gets a fetching shirt, then yes. Though we're all damned to turn into our fathers, truly. Well, blokes are, anyway.

Oh dear.

Raskahn

That is definitely going to be my new wallpaper. I was wondering if Amber would continue with Abel's story after part one ended, oh well, no worries.

And does this mean Gothic Abel will appear again? I mean, any outfit that sports 17 belts is bad-ass by default.  :)

Amber Williams

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 05, 2008, 06:31:25 AM
Don't say I never gave you anything pointless. :U
(I removed the shadow in the offchance people wanted to see the art sans it.)

Awesome.  It wasn't quite clear if his claws were out in the final version, but yes, this is definitely one angry young man.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Netrogo

Excellent drawing Amber. I can't think of anything more to say then that.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Sid

First thought: "Rawr :3"

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 05, 2008, 06:31:25 AM
Don't say I never gave you anything pointless. :U
(I removed the shadow in the offchance people wanted to see the art sans it.)

Second thought: "New wallpaper. Rawr :3"

(Hm? Me? One-track mind? Nahhhhhhhhhh...)
:boogie

MT Hazard

One thing I though at the start of Abel's story (Sorry if this has already been mentioned) Is that by the end we are going to know far more about Abel (originally a minor character) than the title characters, Dan and Mab. Over time I realised that was fine as Both Dan and Mab's stories will probably (eventually) come out in the main narrative but Abel's would not.

Did I just make an entirely pointless statement ? I really can't tell...
Oh to be normal...

Edit: Did everyone see my question in the Villa?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Darkmoon

Well, also, you guys did pay to get Abel's full backstory. It would storta be silly for you to pay for it and not get what you paid for.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: rabid_fox on January 05, 2008, 06:15:42 AM
If he gets a fetching shirt, then yes. Though we're all damned to turn into our fathers, truly. Well, blokes are, anyway.

The girls that are damned to turn into their fathers are -truly- damned...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears