2014/03/07 [PF #305] - Is that really a good idea?

Started by Eboreg, March 07, 2014, 07:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eboreg

I feel like clone-boy here is just aiming a spear at a tank. A tank with an active defense system. I mean, come on, 'Cubi are freaking mind-readers, how could Daryil not see this coming and make the appropriate countermeasures?
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

joshofspam

Then again, it doesn't mean Daryil can't play along.

Dayril is a bit of a wild card in all this. Removing himself might make 'Commander Crazy Bot' drop a bit of his guard when he doesn't have to worry about a Demi-god interfering with his plans.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Raskahn

Quote from: Eboreg on March 07, 2014, 07:39:27 AM
I feel like clone-boy here is just aiming a spear at a tank. A tank with an active defense system. I mean, come on, 'Cubi are freaking mind-readers, how could Daryil not see this coming and make the appropriate countermeasures?

Despite that, I'm going to drop this one in: judging by the angle of the bullet, it's going to hit the ceiling and nothing else.

Eboreg

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on March 07, 2014, 05:38:27 PM

Despite that, I'm going to drop this one in: judging by the angle of the bullet, it's going to hit the ceiling and nothing else.

If we're interpreting the art that deeply, clone boy has a single-shot break-action pistol but we all know that it's supposed to be a semi-automatic. Similarly, that bullet may look like it's going toward the ceiling but we all know that it's actually going towards Daryil's head.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

ZacAttac21

Something tells me the Subtle Paw or at least Fendrick doesn't understand how Tri-Wings really work. I mean, that's just his avatar, right? They can't actually kill him that way.

Aurik Marr

Unless Daryil isn't using an avatar right now. Don't recall how avatars work but there's got to be a physical manifestation of him that's actually him somewhere, right?

Raskahn

Quote from: Eboreg on March 07, 2014, 08:02:16 PM
Quote from: Lone_Wolf on March 07, 2014, 05:38:27 PM

If we're interpreting the art that deeply, clone boy has a single-shot break-action pistol but we all know that it's supposed to be a semi-automatic. Similarly, that bullet may look like it's going toward the ceiling but we all know that it's actually going towards Daryil's head.

Unless....He's purposely aiming at the ceiling to sever the rope that keeps the anvil up in the air, Anvils are a tri wing's only weakness, right?

ChaosMageX

I wonder how people feel about the shock-waves from the bullet in the last panel, made as it's leaving the barrel.
I was the one who suggested Tapewolf add them in as a touch of realism and a reference to a certain movie.
It actually went through at three iterations to get the size and angle right.

Icon by Sunblink

Raskahn

Quote from: ChaosMageX on March 11, 2014, 02:07:49 PM
I wonder how people feel about the shock-waves from the bullet in the last panel, made as it's leaving the barrel.
I was the one who suggested Tapewolf add them in as a touch of realism and a reference to a certain movie.
It actually went through at three iterations to get the size and angle right.

It's a nice touch. it certainly adds dynamic to the bullet.