2014/03/06 - [DMFA #1466] Never ask Kria for your last words.

Started by joshofspam, March 06, 2014, 02:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

Well as seen with Kria and one of her 'late' agents and DP with Hannah, they don't waste many words with who the intend to kill.

That ax is interesting though. I wonder if we've seen it before or it's something important to remember. We seem to be getting an awfully good look at it. I also believe Kria is right, that's a fine looking blade.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Wanderer

Meh. The axe will turn out to be made out of stainless steel or something. :P

ZacAttac21

Quote from: joshofspam on March 06, 2014, 02:08:49 AM

That ax is interesting though. I wonder if we've seen it before or it's something important to remember. We seem to be getting an awfully good look at it. I also believe Kria is right, that's a fine looking blade.

It's quite possibly the most detailed weapon we've seen yet; I imagine Amber is proud of it. I bet she'll have Kria keep it and use it herself.

Lorien077

It is a darn fine axe.... fits Kria's color scheme too.  Maybe foreshadowing of a more serious fight in the future?
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/

Howl

Dun, dun, dun. Another one bites the dust!

... Again.

Amber, if you read this, what killed Mehlata the first time?

Tuyu

I also believe Kria is right, that's a fine looking blade.
The bit is chipped (that's new--Sherri must be tougher than we thought), but I suppose that could be honed out, and it looks like the head is replacable anyway.

Funny...it looked a lot bigger when Mehlata was holding it... ;)

HaDDea

Hah! Called it! Well, sorta... :3

Quote from: Tuyu on March 06, 2014, 12:43:08 PM
The bit is chipped (that's new--Sherri must be tougher than we thought), but I suppose that could be honed out, and it looks like the head is replacable anyway.

Any good chef knows you don't use a blade of any kind to cut through bones, as they will invariably wreck it; I imagine magic-plated bones might be even tougher. Sucks to put a mark on the bit that way, but not quite unexpected. Maybe there's a way to magically draw metal out to fill in the gap? Actually, self-repairing magic on a weapon would be very useful...

Quote from: Howl on March 06, 2014, 04:51:37 AM

Wait - you WANT exposition to draw this out longer??!! Faliiiiinaaaaa, there's someone here who needs punching!  :P
(kidding aside, it would be interesting to know what the dealio was between Mehlata and House Soulstealer, but it's just side story stuff, and I'd kinda rather learn how the rest of the Zivnth-Undead relations go in light of this)

FairWage22

The far more interesting thing is that Mehlata Failed To Follow The Script.

They could theroetically have bored Kria to death with the painfully tedious bureaucratic mumbo-jumbo that the Undead in this 'slice of Paradise' are capable of, but with all the assassination attempts, it's actually turning into an exciting trip for Kria, especially now with possible hints of a conspiracy or the like.

Also, would *never* want to have to engage Kria in this kind of sneaking-about thing.  She clearly saw this coming miles away (how else to do the 'set-up' of being drunk in the bar).
For decades I viewed myself as a 'wageslave', captive to whims of others and not realizing that by Naming myself that I *defined* myself.

Now many years older and wiser, I am trying to be the change  I want to see.

joshofspam

Quote from: CubiKitsune on March 06, 2014, 03:16:31 AM

It's quite possibly the most detailed weapon we've seen yet; I imagine Amber is proud of it. I bet she'll have Kria keep it and use it herself.
I was thinking the same thing. Possibly the huge horned symbol on the side might be an important clue to something.

I'd imagine a weapon that's well used would have a bit of wear on it even if it's well maintaned. Her roommate looked a head short. ;)

Howl

Quote from: HaDDea on March 06, 2014, 01:56:07 PM
Hah! Called it! Well, sorta... :3

Quote from: Tuyu on March 06, 2014, 12:43:08 PM

Any good chef knows you don't use a blade of any kind to cut through bones, as they will invariably wreck it; I imagine magic-plated bones might be even tougher. Sucks to put a mark on the bit that way, but not quite unexpected. Maybe there's a way to magically draw metal out to fill in the gap? Actually, self-repairing magic on a weapon would be very useful...

Quote from: Howl on March 06, 2014, 04:51:37 AM

Wait - you WANT exposition to draw this out longer??!! Faliiiiinaaaaa, there's someone here who needs punching!  :P
(kidding aside, it would be interesting to know what the dealio was between Mehlata and House Soulstealer, but it's just side story stuff, and I'd kinda rather learn how the rest of the Zivnth-Undead relations go in light of this)

I was thinking more a quick off-hand mention by someone. Like "She got run down by a runaway ice cream truck driven by Kria's great granny." or something.

Tuyu

Quote from: Howl on March 07, 2014, 05:52:20 AM
I was thinking more a quick off-hand mention by someone. Like "She got run down by a runaway ice cream truck driven by Kria's great granny." or something.
Kria's older than Abel (though maybe not by much), and I don't think her elders have ever been mentioned in the present tense.

Who was it Kria mentioned as running Zinvth? Was it an older brother? Anyway, with Mehlata referring to "Soulstealers" collectively, you have DP as the #1 person for her to have issues with. Kria's very likely to be #2 given the "they have killed" comment.  If it's not him or Kria directly, you'd be wandering into the realm of "Soulstealers we've never heard of before."

joshofspam

Quote from: Tuyu on March 07, 2014, 07:54:10 PM
Quote from: Howl on March 07, 2014, 05:52:20 AM
Kria's older than Abel (though maybe not by much), and I don't think her elders have ever been mentioned in the present tense.

Who was it Kria mentioned as running Zinvth? Was it an older brother? Anyway, with Mehlata referring to "Soulstealers" collectively, you have DP as the #1 person for her to have issues with. Kria's very likely to be #2 given the "they have killed" comment.  If it's not him or Kria directly, you'd be wandering into the realm of "Soulstealers we've never heard of before."
I think it was ran by a joint agreements between the Soulstealer and a Mythos family.

I believe it was mentioned that DP ran things before Kria got his position. Basically Soulstealer's run security and such and other operations are handled on the mythos side.

One thing I find interesting about Mehlata is that she was a naga/medusa like, which I believe falls under the Mythos category I believe. So that puts a bit of a new spin to the grudge that Mehlata had for Kria's family. You have to really wonder if there might have been some history between them. Mehlata did after all didn't want to tell Kria how her tail ended up a metal centipede back end.