2014/02/27 - [DMFA #1465] A demon mare with bunny ears.

Started by Howl, February 27, 2014, 12:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howl

Prroul

Looks like Mahilita got...

8)

Pun-ished.

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAA!

Hariman

<.< >.> <.<

So, yeah. I can't think up a good pun.

But, I do like that Kria managed to practically behead Melahta (Or is that Mehlata, I can't remember) AND get a pun in.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Arcblade

That's a heck of a weakness.  Ouch.  Hope Sherri's head is okay. 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Arcblade on February 27, 2014, 01:49:13 AM
That's a heck of a weakness.  Ouch.  Hope Sherri's head is okay. 

I'm pretty sure she'll be just fine. Her hair has body, after all.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

HaDDea

And here we see Kria demonstrate the value of the Stealth Pun.

ZacAttac21

The undead have a racial weakness for puns? I guess I have nothing to fear from them then! :rolleyes

Tapewolf

Quote from: Hariman on February 27, 2014, 01:23:13 AM
But, I do like that Kria managed to practically behead Melahta (Or is that Mehlata, I can't remember) AND get a pun in.

If it's the same spell as used on Hannah, it'll turn her to ash.  Which could be awkward if it mingles with Sherri's sawdust.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

LordViking

I can't blame them for laughing. That joke had me in stitches.

joshofspam

Interesting thing to think about is Kria aimed straight for the head. The head seemed to still have structure in that attack. Could Kria have held back in that attack to question her later?

Though that thought sort of makes me think of the parrot sketch of the Monty pythons flying circus.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

HaDDea

Quote from: joshofspam on February 27, 2014, 04:34:17 AM
Interesting thing to think about is Kria aimed straight for the head. The head seemed to still have structure in that attack. Could Kria have held back in that attack to question her later?

Though that thought sort of makes me think of the parrot sketch of the Monty pythons flying circus.

What does Mehlata have that Kria could possibly want that she would need to question her? Kria did blow up the stealthiest of Division 5, after all; she is likely accustomed to death threats and assassination attempts. And no demon worth their salt would pass up an opportunity to show off their strength; Demons likely relish the challenge presented by worthy foes. But Mehlata has just been flailing around since Kria got here - where's the challenge? Plus, Kria seems to like Sherri and isn't about to let someone she likes be up and murdered if she can darn well do something about it.

and now I'm wondering what Monty Python might have done with an Undead parrot sketch... XD

Howl

If Mehlata's not wasted already, it seems like Kria would decapitate her and keep the head so she can figure out who the other conspirators are, then smash them all. If she doesn't gab, extreme swirlies or a nice wholesome game of kickball.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Howl on February 27, 2014, 06:05:40 AM
If Mehlata's not wasted already, it seems like Kria would decapitate her and keep the head so she can figure out who the other conspirators are, then smash them all. If she doesn't gab, extreme swirlies or a nice wholesome game of kickball.

Going by the runes, it's the same spell as this:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_923.php

...so it's not only turned her to ash, but IIRC it's also punted her soul to wherever souls go when their seven eight months are up.  Kria can question her all she likes, but she ain't getting any answers back.

Howl

bradypodidae

Vacation Day

In my humble opinion if Ms Williams decides to use this Friday to work on the Katbox site in preparation for the move from Xepher she should not count it against her vacation days. It is comic business and not time off for herself.

So, Ambaaargh, if site work does negate a Friday update you are still "working for us" completing comic business. Please save that vacation day for "Ambaaargh time".

Thank you so much for the time and love you put into your art and comics. It is noticed and very appreciated.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

ArchTeryx

Quote from: Howl on February 27, 2014, 06:18:18 AM
Shoot first, ask questions later I guess.

Good gracious, you were expecting anything else from Kria???   :U

I think the main difference between her and her brother is that SHE actually finished the dialogue before she blasted her target.  Pre-Mortem One Liners are much easier to shoot around then villainous monologues. ^.^

katasev

Yeah I really hope either Mehlata's big head absorbed the full spell or it's a one-bullet kind of thing and not an area effect beam. I really want Sherri to be okay!

Also, while I concur that if Amber uses Friday for Katbox site work instead of comicking she should save her vacation day, I must also go NOOOOO  'A' ANOTHER WEEK-LONG CLIFFHANGER AS TO WHETHER SHEEPIE-SHEEP SURVIIIIIVES!

Tapewolf

Quote from: katasev on February 27, 2014, 11:31:51 AM
Yeah I really hope either Mehlata's big head absorbed the full spell or it's a one-bullet kind of thing and not an area effect beam. I really want Sherri to be okay!

I dunno, she seems to like Sherri.  I doubt she'd be quite as chuffed in the last panel if they were both incinerated.

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 27, 2014, 06:16:00 AM

Going by the runes, it's the same spell as this:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_923.php

...so it's not only turned her to ash, but IIRC it's also punted her soul to wherever souls go when their seven eight months are up.  Kria can question her all she likes, but she ain't getting any answers back.

I guess we'll see later if the spell really destroyed the head then.

From how intact the head was staying within the blast, I was kind of wondering if Kria turned down the power of the spell and altered it to be more of a undead tazer with added insult of scorching the outer skin.

It should give a good idea on the Kria's skill with magic. Then again, she was a teacher, it would be reasonable she picked up a few tricks

HaDDea: Fair points there. Though if Tapes is right, using that spell at full power might have been dangerous for Sherri too. It should be interesting to see how far ahead Kria planned her actions or even with Mehlata's death that this is really over.

Jasae Bushae

I think one important factor to keep in mind is that despite the angle, the comic does not take place in a two dimensional setting. So it is quite possible that Mehlata was holding Sherri more to the left (as she was holding the head in her left hand) and the blast simply went through Mehlata, missing Sherri by several inches or even feet.

As a sidenote, Kria seems surprisingly sober for someone who was seemingly drunk off her tush not to long ago...

Also, im with Brady. Working on the website should not count as a vacation day. It is work towards the comic and Amber shouldn't use one of her precious days to release another kind of update which we will all enjoy.
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Tuyu

Quote from: Jasae Bushae on February 27, 2014, 08:31:15 PM
As a sidenote, Kria seems surprisingly sober for someone who was seemingly drunk off her tush not to long ago...
Demon metabolism? Considering how much she had to drink to get drunk in the first place...

Starcat5

I third on not counting site maintenance against vacation days. Just be sure to copy over the links page (which I use daily), and I'll be fine.

Have a cookie.  :mowcookie
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

YawnPB

I half expect her to 1 liner it and say "I forgot I can't get drunk" ala Captain America.
Lurkus Wallflowerus

Tapewolf

I think one important factor to keep in mind is that despite the angle, the comic does not take place in a two dimensional setting. So it is quite possible that Mehlata was holding Sherri more to the left (as she was holding the head in her left hand) and the blast simply went through Mehlata, missing Sherri by several inches or even feet.

Quite.  And that would neatly explain why Mehlata's head is silhouetted but Sherri's isn't.

joshofspam

Thinking it over once again, I wonder if what she was about to say to Sherri might have been important?

If she was going to tell her something more, would that mean she was thinking about not killing her after all?

HaDDea

Quote from: joshofspam on February 28, 2014, 04:58:53 PM
Thinking it over once again, I wonder if what she was about to say to Sherri might have been important?

If she was going to tell her something more, would that mean she was thinking about not killing her after all?

Sadly, I don't think so. I think Mehlata is a few tacos short of a combo platter (I blame Ambarrrgh for eating them), and I suspect her next line to Sherri would only have been more vitriol at the Soulstealers, perhaps even a boring monologue about her own demise at the hands of one of them (this is just based off where their conversation left off). Mehlata was pretty unstable, and may have felt that Sherri was somehow siding with Kria, and thus an expendable traitor.

Tuyu

Quote from: HaDDea on February 28, 2014, 05:37:54 PM
Mehlata was pretty unstable, and may have felt that Sherri was somehow siding with Kria, and thus an expendable traitor.
Not unstable--obsessed. And the problem with cutting her off mid-sentence could be that she's not alone--that she's only one member of a conspiracy to get rid of the Soulstealers. We know from the earlier comic that others know she was trying to kill Kria.

Arcblade

Also, im with Brady. Working on the website should not count as a vacation day. It is work towards the comic and Amber shouldn't use one of her precious days to release another kind of update which we will all enjoy.

10 points for a very excellent observation. 

Also, four votes for "fixing up Katbox doesn't count as taking a vacation." 

Naldru

First, I agree with the others that site maintenance is not a vacation.

It is possible that Kria doesn't want to know who else was in the plot, and may want it known that she doesn't know who else was in the plot.  If she doesn't know who they are, there is no reason for her to kill them and they can feel safe with Kria still alive.  Without Mehlata pushing them, they are unlikely to pursue further attacks if they feel safe.  And besides, people you don't kill today can always be killed tomorrow.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Attic Rat

What a waste! Gotta think like a demon... With those glowing eyes, it would make a charming yard light to illuminate one's house numbers in demonic suburbia.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?