Get well soon Amber

Started by meltingface101, January 07, 2014, 10:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meltingface101

Get  well  soon  Amber , besides  even  with  Polar  vortexes  and  frost quakes  threatening  bring  the  end of  North  America Spring  is  just  2  months  away .  :bunny 

All  things  float  down  here

Silveratus

*Gets a snow shovel and some hot cocoa to dig Amber out and give her a warm drink

tumaru

:mowninja ninja mow says the secret to good health is drinking ludicrous amounts of really good tea. I would make some for you but I'm on the other side of the largest country in the world.... I like making people tea... I make everybody tea... lots of tea... good tea... tea

I would suggest oolong because that is the easiest on the stomach.
-----------------
Be excellent to each other

ZacAttac21

*Donates*

What you need is some Campbell's soup and Saltines.

Pity it's so cold up there or I might consider living in Canada.

Kazzellin

Quote from: Raxuno on January 08, 2014, 01:37:53 AM
It's cold down here too, in case you haven't noticed. Right now, it's -10F with a predicted high of 0. If not for wanting to see Frozen, I might just curl up as a mushroom in my papasan today once I'm done with stay-home projects, instead of going out to catch a bus. :blizzard

Meanwhile, does any one else wonder if Amber is shorting herself on sick and/or vacation time? I mean, I've been working where I am for 10 years now, and three years ago I was getting 3 weeks of vacation time, not one week and a day. That kind of vacation time is for people working 1-3 years where I work; pretty sure Amber's been doing the comic longer than 3 years.  :mowwink I suppose her sick time count is accurate, given we get 4 hours every month; that would add up to 6 days a year, assuming 8 hour days. Still seems short somehow, though. :<

Regardless, I hope Amber feels better soon! *sends a :mowsmile with cookies, pocket pies, and a lot of hot cocoa mix and tea* Hey! Who said you could eat those?? :mowcookie
"The internet is full of people who can type faster than they can think." - Jeff Murdock

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Kazzellin on January 08, 2014, 11:33:13 AM
It's cold down here too, in case you haven't noticed. Right now, it's -10F with a predicted high of 0.
Aye, but at least it isn't like this all year 'round. At least not where I live.

meltingface101

Quote from: Raxuno on January 08, 2014, 07:20:55 PM
It's cold down here too, in case you haven't noticed. Right now, it's -10F with a predicted high of 0.
Aye, but at least it isn't like this all year 'round. At least not where I live.

All we  can  do is  hope , but  in  strange  times  such  as  these  no  one  truly  say  wherein our  future  lies as the  winds  change
twist  along  never  before  seen  paths . Who  is  to  say that  this  is  not  the  end .  :) . Anyway  it  probably  won't  snow  all  year , or  at  least  everyone  would  hope , so   get  well  soon . 
All  things  float  down  here

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: tumaru on January 08, 2014, 01:29:49 AM
:mowninja ninja mow says the secret to good health is drinking ludicrous amounts of really good tea. I would make some for you but I'm on the other side of the largest country in the world.... I like making people tea... I make everybody tea... lots of tea... good tea... tea

... In Soviet Russia, tea drinks you?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kazzellin

It isn't where Amber lives, either. Canada does have this thing called summer, you know. ;P Then again, in some areas you also get 20 hours of daylight...
"The internet is full of people who can type faster than they can think." - Jeff Murdock

tumaru

Quote from: Kazzellin on January 09, 2014, 12:12:26 AM
It isn't where Amber lives, either. Canada does have this thing called summer, you know. ;P Then again, in some areas you also get 20 hours of daylight...

Yeah I was just taking a swim in the ocean it was so warm. It was so warm I went it twice in a row. It was so awesome they gave me a certificate and some free hot chocolate. It was victory hot chocolate for I had seized the day  :mowdizzy
-----------------
Be excellent to each other

joshofspam

Hoping that you get well soon Amber and things get better along the rest of the year.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Merlin

Quote from: Kazzellin on January 09, 2014, 12:12:26 AM

Yeah I remember Canada "summer". 17 degrees is not hot sunny weather, dangit! Not a single day of the year I didn't have to wear a jumper to work... :C

GET WELL SOON AMBARRGH!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Merlin on January 09, 2014, 06:15:30 PM
Yeah I remember Canada "summer". 17 degrees is not hot sunny weather, dangit! Not a single day of the year I didn't have to wear a jumper to work... :C
GET WELL SOON AMBARRGH!

I thought you were saying you preferred the cold of Canada to the heat of Australia :3

And yes, get well soon Amber, assuming you haven't already

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

17C summer?  Sign me up.  Might be nicer than some of the 30~40C ones we get in my province.