2013/12/27 [DMFA #1451 and #889] I notify you of a mistake, and you do it again!

Started by Silvis, December 27, 2013, 10:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvis

Here (http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_889.php) you didn't change the title underneath the image. Here (http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1451.php) you did it again, only hours after I emailed you about the first one. WHYYYYYYYYYYYY? THE MISTAKES ARE PAINFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!
"If there is anything to learn in the world, it is often that no matter where you are...there is a bigger fish out there. And then even then there is usually a bigger fish than that one. And then a bigger fish with like, futuristic robotic arms and stuff. And then it just gets weird."
~Amber M. Panyko
P.S.IT'S A MIMIC!
P.P.S. Why did you take out Caleb?! WHYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
P.P.P.P.S. Think about that.
P.P.P.S. Lost track of 'P's there.
P.P.P.P.P.S I am a stickler for typos.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Silvis on December 27, 2013, 10:52:15 PM
Here (http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_889.php) you didn't change the title underneath the image. Here (http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1451.php) you did it again, only hours after I emailed you about the first one. WHYYYYYYYYYYYY? THE MISTAKES ARE PAINFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF are you talking about.

Howl

It's against the forum rules to call out mistakes in public, you know. It gives an air of being a jerk. Please handle it civilly next time by bringing it up in PM. Besides, I think the missmab.com link will be going down after the move to Katbox is finalized, so who cares?

Also, s/he's referring to the fact that the header title and title underneath the comment are inconsistent. Like "He would probably make a terrible customer." reading "Wildy just dig secret agent concepts." under the comment. I mention this just for clarity, nothing more.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks, Howl. What he said. And, as a result, this thread will be devnulled, so Ambaargh doesn't have to swat you herself.

Good call, Silvis. This is why we can't have nice things.

Edit: Let the mockery commence.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Amber Williams

Many times with the update I am having to update by hand, usually after drawing the comic most of the day just beforehand, and thus at times in my tired state I will forget to copy a line of text over properly.  It's a mistake, but I'm human and this happens.

However, I will say I did not particularly feel comfy how in previous emails you made it seem like you were threatening (and then proceeded to) email me every hour demanding (for at least 4 hours by my count) I fix the mistake...nor do I really feel happy or comfortable that you seem to be accusing me of doing again right after you emailed me at a later time.  If you wondered why I didn't respond, it was because your emails made me uncomfortable and made me want to avoid responding to them because I was uncomfortable.  But since you have brought it to forum, I will respond this one time.

I don't want to engage in mockery, and I don't want folks to be rude on this matter.  I just would prefer it dropped.  However, the links pointed out have been fixed.

Darkmoon

Aaaand I banned them for three days just because I hated their tone. That'll learn them.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Damaris

and in the light of all that has come into this thread, while we typically ask that people PM Amber directly with mistake notifications, I don't like your tone either, and will therefore hand out a ban if you PM her directly until you get that under control.

You may practice by PMing me with correspondence for her instead.

I'll pass them along when I get around to it.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Silvis

"If there is anything to learn in the world, it is often that no matter where you are...there is a bigger fish out there. And then even then there is usually a bigger fish than that one. And then a bigger fish with like, futuristic robotic arms and stuff. And then it just gets weird."
~Amber M. Panyko
P.S.IT'S A MIMIC!
P.P.S. Why did you take out Caleb?! WHYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
P.P.P.P.S. Think about that.
P.P.P.S. Lost track of 'P's there.
P.P.P.P.P.S I am a stickler for typos.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Silvis on January 02, 2014, 01:12:38 PM
How do you PM?

Under the user, there is a series of icons. At the bottom of the panel on the left, there is a small icon for each of the various types of contact details that has been added. In your case, there is an icon for, in order, View Profile, Email, and Personal Message. The last one is a little speech bubble.

Click on that for the person you want to send a PM to.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears