Started by Eboreg, November 14, 2013, 08:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eboreg

"Fail me again and you won't be killed."
"I have begun to distrust you so you will not die yet."
"You have spoken out against me so you will not die."
"You have proven to be a nuisance. You shall not die."
"THAT *)(#$@ KEEPS SCREWING UP MY PLANS! DON'T KILL HIM!!!"

On a side note, I do have to wonder if all of Major Nutcase's minions are clones. They certainly do look similar.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Quote from: Eboreg on November 14, 2013, 08:52:21 PM
On a side note, I do have to wonder if all of Major Nutcase's minions are clones. They certainly do look similar.
I noticed that too.

If not clones, then I would guess they hirer from rather large families.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Raskahn

Quote from: joshofspam on November 14, 2013, 09:38:18 PM
Quote from: Eboreg on November 14, 2013, 08:52:21 PM
I noticed that too.

If not clones, then I would guess they hirer from rather large families.

Or: Racial stereotype, All foxes look alike.

Tapewolf

They are clones, yes.  However they are also Weres.  While Jakob couldn't clone Creatures, the Subtle Paw have clearly found a way to do it that Jakob missed or could not use, e.g. having a Were as the surrogate mother.  It is worth bearing in mind that Jakob had very, very specific goals in mind which Fendrick did not need, i.e. producing a duplicate of himself which didn't have a soul, whereas Fendrick is more interested in a set of consistent mooks.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this idea - and some of the later dialogue - was inspired a lot by 'Against a Dark Background' which has its own identical mooks, though their origins are only implied rather than mentioned explicitly.  (What they are is something that was debated a lot in the novel)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 15, 2013, 02:56:42 AM
They are clones, yes.  However they are also Weres.  While Jakob couldn't clone Creatures, the Subtle Paw have clearly found a way to do it that Jakob missed or could not use, e.g. having a Were as the surrogate mother.  It is worth bearing in mind that Jakob had very, very specific goals in mind which Fendrick did not need, i.e. producing a duplicate of himself which didn't have a soul, whereas Fendrick is more interested in a set of consistent mooks.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this idea - and some of the later dialogue - was inspired a lot by 'Against a Dark Background' which has its own identical mooks, though their origins are only implied rather than mentioned explicitly.  (What they are is something that was debated a lot in the novel)

Would that surrogate thing work for Cubi clones as well, resulting in them being born into the clan of the surrogate succubus?

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on November 15, 2013, 10:50:21 AM
Would that surrogate thing work for Cubi clones as well, resulting in them being born into the clan of the surrogate succubus?

If it works at all, I would think so.  To be honest I was wondering whether they should still be Weres and I've been leaving it a bit ambiguous.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E